Surprise.

CheckMate.

“Surprises are beautiful because they come without waiting.”

 

MIA POV

I accessed the employee records from Mr. Lee's computer all thanks to the bug I had placed there. I opened the door to find a bag containing what smelt like food. There was a note attached 'I hope you eat well.' I called up Suho and asked him multiple questions at once. "Did one of you send the food? Is this a joke? Should I not eat it as it might be poisoned?" "Hello to you too Mia. Yes, one of us sent the food. This isn't a joke and I assure you it isn't poisoned." he answered and hung up before I could ask him who sent the food.

The food consisted of chicken soup, black bean noodles and a big slice of chocolate cake. I sighed in content as I finished my food. After washing the dishes, I went back to check the records. a little while later, another knock interrupted me and I opened the door to find a giddy Sang Hee outside. "Hi unnie! EXO is at practice." I told her, assuming she would be looking for them. "I'm great. Thank you for your concern." she glared playfully at me. I rolled my eyes at her. "Now let's go." she whined. "Just put everything away quickly. Just grab your phone and let's go!!" she explained.

"But.." I started, not knowing where she was taking me. "No questions." she ordered as she dragged me to her room. On her bed lay two beautifully wrapped boxes. I opened them to find a beautiful black dress and shoes in them. "Those are from someone for you. Now go change. Palli!" she pushed me. Then she did my hair and makeup. Any questions relating to who, why and how were promptly shot down. After she was done she immediately opened the door and there stood Kris with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. He was wearing a simple white t-shirt with a black semi-formal blazer with a little red detailing on the pocket.

"Doesn't he look exceptionally handsome today?" unnie asked, fanning herself. "Why all this?" I asked Kris. "You'll know later. For now.." he trailed off, pulling out a strip of black cloth from his pocket. "No no no. Absolutely not." I started to back away from him. I hit Sang Hee who was standing behind me. She glared at me making me give in. "If I bump into something or trip and fall I swear I'll chop your limbs off." I threatened Kris. He just nodded and response and tied the blindfold securely in place. He put an arm around my waist and guided me till we reached a car I assumed.

Then he opened the door for me and guided me in. While I was getting in, he placed a hand over my head so that I wouldn't hurt myself by accident. He shut the door and stepped in himself. "I know you have a lot of questions but I promise I'll answer all of them in due time. Till then just relax and enjoy.." he stated. I could almost hear the smile I imagined on his face in his voice. He drove in silence for a while before we stopped. I waited till he opened my door and gently grasped my hand to help me.

 "Please take the blindfold off. It's really embarrassing." I whined. "Sometimes you need to depend on people. This is one of those times. The blindfold makes you realize you can depend me, isn't it? Keep it on for a little while more please?" he requested. I only huffed in response not entirely happy. I could have easily taken the blindfold myself but I did not want to upset him. "When I take the blindfold off, I want to show you something. It'll be worth it." he promised. He lead me forward we then stepped into a elevator because I felt the motion.

As we stepped off he gently took hold of shoulders and guided me somewhere. All this while I let him lead me without a word. "Alright we're here. I'm going to take the blindfold off. Since this your first time in Seoul. I wanted you to behold  this in all its beauty." he said and took off the blindfold. I opened my eyes to the most magical sight I had laid my eyes on. The sun was setting casting beautiful reflections across the Han River. I let out a soft gasp at the magnificence of it all and Kris chuckled at my reaction.

"Something finally surprised you. I was starting to wonder if it's even possible." he teased. "How can anyone not be surprised with all of this?" I asked. "With you I'll never know, you keep me on my toes. Anyway, how about dinner here?" he asked. "You haven't told me the occasion yet.." I reminded him. "It's a secret." he retaliated like I had a few days ago. "Sit down and enjoy the view. I'll be back in a minute." Kris said and disappeared. He was back quickly like he had said. "Dinner shall be served in a few moments signorina." he smiled.

"We're having Italian food." I stated, catching on the hint. "You're smart." he acted extremely impressed. "Alright alright now come sit." I gestured. A waiter came and served the first course or L'Antipastos consisting of a platter of olives, cheese, asparagus, marinated ham with chilled sparkling Italian white wine. "Cheesecake what do you like about Jonghyun hyung?" Kris asked.

"He's really handsome, he has an amazing body and his vocals are incredible. His dancing skills are also fantastic and he is just so adora--" I started my rant."Okay okay I get it. You sound like a typical Blinger." he grumbled, making me laugh. "Who is your bias from EXO then?" he asked. 'Kai.' I thought before I could stop myself. "I like all of you equally." I smiled, choosing the diplomatic way. Just then the second course or Il Primo which was stuffed ravioli was served and the wine changed from white to red.

 "When do you think you're going to finish with what you're working? It's worrying to see you out all the time. When you're home you're stuck to that laptop of yours." he cribbed. "I'm waiting for a major breakthrough. Then work will be slightly easier to finish." I replied honestly. "That's good then. I'd really like to see you at practice more often Cheesecake." he shrugged. "Will you please stop calling me Cheesecake? I'm not something to be eaten." I complained.

"Never" he replied, his eyes shining with determination and amusement. The next two courses namely I'll Secondo and I'll Contorno consisting of beef fillet with mild mushrooms and rocket with cherry tomato salad in balsamic vinegar were served and finished in midst of conversation. Talking to Kris could never be boring because he had so many questions from all walks of my life. " I will present the last course Il Dolce myself signorina." he mock bowed and walked away making me wonder what he had up his sleeve now.

 


 

A\N: This is what Cloud Cafe looks like. Somebody please take me there?

http://seoulistic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/cafefiles.naver_.jpeg 

I had to Google the courses ;')

So what do you think Kris is doing with the last course? Will Mia say yes? What about Kai?

Happy Reading! (:

 

P.S. Some of you may have seen there was an error regarding this chapter.

It did not get saved and I had to write it all over again. T_T