Romance.

CheckMate.

"For me, romance isn't an over the top. It's someone offerring to help me and support me." 

-Thora Birch  

 

 

The next morning I woke up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. “Goodmorning.” Mia beamed, making my heart flutter. “You really slept well isn’t it?” she teased. “Goodmorning yeobo. Yeah I really did.” I answered. “I would know. I had to stay up because you were snoring so loudly.” she accused. “I did not snore.” I retorted, sounding as doubtful as I felt. “You know you’re getting discharged today. Infact as soon as the Doctor performs a final checkup you’re free to go.” she informed me giddily.

“Oh thank the heavens, being here is depressing.” I muttered. Just then I remembered a promise. “Aren’t you forgetting something?” I asked.”Huh? What did I forget?” she wondered, trying to think of possible things.  “You promised me a morning kiss.” I pouted, trying to play the cute card again. She quickly came close and pecked my cheek. “Yah! This isn’t a proper kiss. Wait till I get you.” I threatened, making her laugh. Just then the familiar doctor came to check on me.

“Everything seems normal now but if you have headaches, blurry vision or spells of unconsciousness, come back immediately.” he proclaimed after a full check up. “Mia bed rest atleast till tomorrow. His next appointment is two days later. We’ll see if he can join practice after that.” He told her and left. “Come on big baby, let’s get you home.” she said handing me clothes to change into. “Don’t wet the bandage on your head.” She reminded me as I stepped into the bathroom.

“Come in and make sure I don’t. I look even more devilishly handsome without clothes on.” I yelled back. “Stop being a byuntae.” she replied, making me laugh heartily. I took a quick bath and stepped out of the bathroom to see Mia looking perturbed. “Everything alright?” I asked her. “Yeah. I didn’t drive yesterday so we’ll have to call someone to pick us up.” She informed me. “Why can’t we take a taxi?” I asked.

“Today’s breaking news: EXO’s Kai spotted injured with mystery girl.” she scowled. “Alright that slipped my mind. Calm down, I’ll call D.O. hyung.” I shrugged. “I’m sorry.” she whispered, apologizing for raising her voice. I walked towards her and kneaded her tense shoulders.  “You know you can tell me what’s wrong right? I’ll help you out.” I offered. She sighed and leaned back on my chest, “It’s nothing. I just encountered a problem with work and the solution needs me to be extremely patient. If I make rash decisions, the whole thing will collapse. It’s killing me to wait for the problem to take its course.”

 “How about I distract you from the problem? Let me plan the next two days. It’ll be fun.” I supplied. “Alright but nothing extreme. You just got out of the hospital and I don’t want to ever see you in one again.” she said, lips set in a thin line.  I called hyung to pick us up. He was delighted to hear I was well enough o come back to the dorm. “He’ll be here in a while. What do you plan to do till then?” I asked her. “You’re going to lie down while I sit here, trying to get some sleep.” she ordered.

 “I thought girls were supposed to be romantic. You’re not romantic at all!” I cried. “Kai, we’re here in a hospital and you’re injured. How does any of this fit into the romantic scene in your head?” she challenged. I could see she was trying her best not to laugh. That was when I decided I would show her what true romance is and how one could be romantic anywhere. “Get up.” I demanded. She sighed and complied without another word.

I took a pillow from the bed and sat on the chair with it behind me to ease my bruised back. Then I folded my legs up and called her, “Now you can sit.” “Where exactly do I sit? On your lap?” she asked sarcastically. “Precisely.” I grinned. “No.” she growled. “Unless you want me to pull you out and kiss you in front to everyone, you’ll do as I ask you to.” I told her coolly. She narrowed her eyes at me, trying to judge the level of seriousness. Finally realizing I was insane enough to do as I threatened; she hesitantly came and sat on my lap.

“Doesn’t this feel so much better?” I asked her, encircling my arms around her waist. “You don’t understand? I saw how hurt your back is: all this will make it worse.” she groaned. “I promise it doesn’t hurt. I’ll tell you to get up even if I feel the slightest bit uncomfortable.” I reassured her. “Hey Kai?” she called after a while. “Hmm?” I wondered what she had to say. “You’re going to remember all the promises right? Or should I write them down for you?” she asked.

“I’ll take all of them to my grave with me. I follow them always okay? You don’t worry about all that right now. Take some rest; I’m sorry my snoring kept you awake.” I comforted her. “You know I lied. You don’t snore. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t in pain.” she confessed.  It made me smile, to hear that she was so worried. “You know you should sleep while you can anyway.” I reminded her.

“Okay the,wake me up in ten minutes.” she requested, snuggling into my chest. “Sleep well, love.” I whispered, kissing her temple. As I felt her smile I realized, ‘If there was heaven on Earth; it would be right here with her in my arms.’   

 


 

A\N: Another quick update! :D So do you guys want more fluff or is it time for action? Choose wisely!

Any ideas on what’s coming up?

 Happy reading! (: