Content.

CheckMate.

“Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.”
― Lao Tzu

 

Kai POV

“All hail Lord Baekhyun with his super powers!” Baekhyun hyung cheered as he entered the room. I grinned upto him, completely agreeing with what he said. Just then I looked at Kris hyung. I could see he was trying to smile for everyone’s sake but he felt dejected. It was the same feeling that I felt when I thought Mia accepted his proposal. “I want to talk to Kris hyung. Give us a moment.” I said. They all nodded in understanding and everyone including Mia left.

“Hyung I’m sorry for what happened. I know how you’re feeling now. Don’t blame Mia for it, she did not understand her feelings. If you have to blame anyone for this mess it would have to me.” I told him. “Kai I don’t blame anyone except myself. I was too blinded to see the truth. I wish the both of you all the happiness but just know if you hurt her, you’ll have me to answer to...” he warned with a smile.

The smile did not reach his eyes. “Enough with this talk, I’ll call the others back in.” he said and went out to return a few moments later with everyone tailing him. Everyone but Mia came in and I started to wonder where she had gone. “Looking for someone hyung?” Sehun teased. “Shut up maknae.” I hissed. “Don’t be mean to Sehun oppa.” a voice demanded. “Where were you?” I inquired, not being able to stop a smile from coming to my face. “I had gone to get something to drink.” She answered, holding up a small carton of orange juice in her hand.

 She took a sip from it inspiring my idea. “Give me some.” I asked seemingly innocently. She quietly handed me another unopened carton from her other hand. “I want that one.” I demanded, pointing at the one she was drinking from. The others smirked as they realized my plan. “Fine. Here big baby.” She said, shoving the carton into my hands. Just as I took a sip from it, everyone yelled “Indirect kiss!” and howled with laughter.

 Unaffected by the ruckus, she stepped closer to me and whispered in my ears, “Don’t act like we haven’t kissed before.” ‘Oh God she’s going to be the death of me.’ I thought to myself as I realized I was blushing. “I think we should get going. We still have dinner left and we resume practice tomorrow.” Suho hyung said. “Before we leave I have something to say to Mia.” Kyungsoo hyung said. I saw Mia tense and eye Baekhyun hyung helplessly to which he gave her an encouraging smile.

 “Mia I’m sorry.” He said and paused to turn to her. “I hated you for making Kai hurt so much. I misunderstood the result of the proposal and made sure that you don’t get to see him.  I just wanted to protect him but ended up causing so many problems. I hope you can forgive me.” he pleaded. “It’s alright. You had good intentions!” she smiled and ruffled his hair.

“Thank God they made up. The tension was killing me.” Chanyeol hyung whined; making everyone laugh. “Let’s go everyone!” Lay clapped his hands, reminding everyone to get going. “Don’t cause trouble and take care.” Mia said, fluffing my pillows.”Please don’t go yeobo. I’ll get nightmares.” I pleaded, not letting go of her hands. “Why don’t you stay here? We’ll feel reassure that there’s someone to take care of this brat.” Baekhyun hyung said, sending a discreet wink my way.

“Don’t pressurize her. Mia if you don’t want to stay Kai will understand.” Suho hyung reasoned. “I’ll stay.” She said firmly. All of the others left after asking me to take rest. “So you think I’m devilishly handsome?”I asked her after a pause. “I was beyond upset. I did not make sense then.” She came up with an excuse. “So I’m not the only guy you actually like?” I asked, faking a gasp. “If you don’t stop talking I’ll shove a sock into your mouth.” she glared. Fortunately, my stomach growled right then making her smile.

 She quickly got to her feet and went out of the door. She came back a few minutes with two plates of pasta. She handed one to me and waited for me to start eating. “What? Aren’t you going to feed me?” I asked flabbergasted. “Why is opps such a baby?” she grumbled. “Call me oppa again.” I requested, happy to hear her call me that. “Opppaaaaa... Happy? Now eat.” she retorted, shoving pasta into my mouth before I could say anything else. “Go to sleep Jongin. Your body needs to heal.” she said when we were done eating.

“Alright. Jalja jagi, dream of me.” I said, lying down. She tucked me in and brushed my hair away from my forehead.”If you need something, I’ll be right here okay?” she said. "It's cute you're so worried." I said, kissing her cheek, causing her to roll here eyes.  “Mia, are you awake?” I whispered after a while. “Are you in pain?” she asked immediately. “Ne.. it hurts.” I whimpered. “I’ll call the doctor.” she said in a rush. “Ani. I just need a goodnight kiss to make me feel better.” I said.

 “Kai..” she warned. “Please jagi, I’ll be able to sleep well.” I said, trying my best to sound cute. I think it kind of worked because she came and pecked my cheek. I held her hand, not letting go.  “I’ll give you a morning kiss if you let go.” she promised. “You should come sleep with me, the chair looks uncomfortable.” I asked her, loosening my grip.  “Kai I want your back to heal, not hurt more. Please go to sleep.” she sighed. Having her around brought peace to me and so with a content sigh, I let darkness willingly envelope me knowing I would wake up to a wonderful day in the morning. 

 


 

A\N: Sorry for the late update! I'll update sooner! Who likes all the fluff in this chapter?

Did you see the second teaser? Kai kissed her and he took 15 retakes for that. TT_TT 

 Happy reading! (: