Rest Starts.

CheckMate.

“The most valuable thing we can do for the psyche, occasionally, is to let it rest, wander, live in the changing light of room, not try to be or do anything whatever.”
― May Sarton

 

“I’ll be going now. Call EXO and let them know you’re okay; they were really worried.” E said and then left. I left with him taking all my stuff. She would drop them at the dorm. “Call Nu’est also. They were worried when I told them too.” Said O. I decided to call Suho first.

”Yebseyo?” he answered. “Suho Mia here..” I told him. “Omo Mia!! Are you okay now? When can we visit you? Can we come see you now?” he asked without a pause.  It was surprising to see the calm leader panic. “Suho.. Suho.. breathe. In and out. Slowly. Relax… I’ll be there in an hour. I’m perfectly fine.” I informed him.  “You sure right? We’ll be waiting. Take care.” he advised. 

I called JR next. “Mia here.” I said. “Oh thank goodness you’re okay. You gave us quite a scare. Hold on a sec.” he said and then called out, ‘Guys, she’s okay!’ for the rest of them to hear. “So what do we get when we come and see you?” he asked. “I’ve just been discharged so I’m going to go back to the EXO dorm..” I finished in a low tone. We both knew how awkward it would be if Nu’est came to the EXO dorm. “Oh. Okay. Take care then...” he said after a pause. 

I fell back onto the pillows. I winced as I moved my hand a little too fast. “Thank God the bullet only grazed my arm or else I would be in a condition like yours right now.” shuddered U. “You sure know how to make someone feel better.” I remarked. He shrugged. “I’m going take my leave now. Kind Sir Ryan has agreed to you back home young lady.” he said with a flourish.  “Take rest. This time I literally mean it.” he told me as he ruffled my hair. ‘What’s with these people and ruffling my hair?’ I wondered to myself. 

“Go change I’ll wait outside.” said O. I stepped into the bathroom only to remember I had nothing to change into. “Ummm.. Ryan? I have nothing to change into.” I shrugged.  “Right. Wait here I’ll arrange for something.” he said as he walked out. He returned five minutes later. “JR’s coming with some clothes.  All you can do is now pray.” he said with a solemn expression. After a while, JR entered.  

“This is all I could get on such a short notice.” JR shrugged. “It’s one of my hoodies  and Ren’s sweats.” he said. I thanked him and went to get changed.  As I stepped out, Ryan started to laugh and JR smiled. “You look cute!” he said pinching my cheeks.  “We’ll see how cute I am when I shoot you.” I snapped back.

“Take this. It’ll help with the pain.” Ryan held out a small white pill.  I obediently took the medicine. To  say Ryan was shocked would be an understatement.  “You really must be in pain if you took the medicine without a word. I’ve been told you and medicines don’t get along well. “he stated. I only shrugged.

“Let’s get this one home now.” JR said. I looked for something to wear but I remembered I had only boots which I took away when she left. I started to walk out bare foot before O stopped me. “You’re not wearing any shoes.” he pointed out. “Don’t have any!” I retorted back. “You have your knights in shining armor to carry you home, Princess.” JR said kneeling down. ‘Princess. Hope Kai took the news well and did not sulk all day long today.’ I thought to myself. “Very impressive JR. Do it on stage for your fans. I’m sure they’ll go crazy.” I scoffed. He straightened up, now serious.

“You’re not going out bare foot.” he said.  “Try me.” I challenged as I whirled around to walk out. Ryan picked me up and placed me over his shoulder. “Let me go!! Let me go you brat!!” I screamed. JR covered my mouth with his palm. I his palm in an attempt to disgust him so that he would let go. “Trust me it won’t work. I’m immune to everything gross because of the boys.” he smirked. I pretended to give up so that he would slacken his hold. 

It worked and he was almost going to take his hand off till Ryan intervened. “JR don’t let go. She’s waiting for you to do that.“ he warned. ‘Stupid know-it-all agent’ I grumbled to myself. Reaching the car he buckled me in and JR sat at the back with me.  I leaned back, still seething.  My eyelids felt heavy and sleep lulled me in. I had almost dozed off before I heard JR, “Hyung, she’s asleep.”

“Good, she needs to rest. After all we need to continue with our plan.” I think heard a voice say but I was too sleepy to care.

 


 

A\N:  A very Merry Christmas to all of you lovely readers of mine! *gives a tight hug* I hope all of you have an Amazing Christmas!

Here’s an update for all of you!  

Happy Reading! (: