The Accident.

CheckMate.

 “There is no such thing as accident; it is fate misnamed.”
-Napoleon Bonaparte

 

Everyone was ready by the time I was. They were all very excited to see a bullet wound and kept whining like fiver old kids denied ice-cream when I told them they would not be allowed to see it.  We got into the van and Lay sat next to the window. He looked like he hated doing this as much as I did. “He hates how the hospitals smell.” Luhan explained as Lay took out a mask and put it on. “Who doesn’t? They smell of medicines and chemicals and disinfectants and cheap room freshener.” I shuddered. Lay nodded and took out another mask only to offer it to me. Even though most of his face was covered with the mask, the crinkles by eyes told me he had passed on a sympathetic smile.

He then took my hand and turned my wrist to make it face upwards. I only looked at him questioningly. He started to draw concentric circles on my wrist. I smiled at his little yet thoughtful gesture and leaned my head back, trying to forget where we were headed.  A little too soon for my liking, we reached. Lay patted my shoulder in reassurance. Even without saying a word, he had offered me immense comfort. 'Well, that’s Mr. Unicorn for you.. quiet yet comforting.' I thought. At the hospital, EXO made no effort to blend it. Infact, they caused quite an uproar amongst the young nurses and patients alike. I slipped away from the chaos to Dr. Kwang.  He checked if the stitches were holding up and changed the dressing. In a jiffy, I was good to go.

 I headed back to the lobby where some of EXO were taking pictures. Chanyeol had scared a little girl with his creepy laugh and now was trying to console her. He was failing miserably with that deep voice of his. Kris stood back grinning at the scene. Baekhyun whacked Chanyeol’s head for scaring the girl and earned himself a kiss from the pretty lady! “Why not let them be and head to the doctor’s office?” asked a voice from behind. “I’m already done, we can leave now.” I smiled at Kai.  “Did it hurt?” he asked, frowning. “No pabo!” I answered, flicking his forehead. “Aish.. that hurt.” he grumbled. I playfully pretended to hit him while only brushing my knuckles against his cheekbones.

Quickly he caught up with my act and did the same. Next I pretended to punch him in the gut where he faked pain and moved back. He was about to pretend to kick me but the sound of a throat being cleared loudly brought us back to reality. “If you’re done; only if you are though- we should get going.” Kris said coldly.  I nodded and we started on our way back to the dorm. EXO-M, together with Chanyeol and Kai had been called for practice. The two of the together would perform with Kris and Lay for ‘Two Moons’. Only Suho, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Sehun and I were left in the dorm.

Just I was about to head outside, Ryan called. “I heard you willingly walked to the doctor’s office. I’m scared you’re sick or that the original Mia has been replaced by her sensible twin.” he laughed. I could hear Nu’est laughing in the background. “My goodness Ryan you’re so funny. NOT. Call me when you have something important to say.” I retorted and was about to hang up. “Okay okay enough. I’m done. Getting back to business, can you write up a report with all the evidence and the video timings by tomorrow? I need to discuss stuff.” he said.

"I’ll manage. See you at the Base at 21:00 hours then.” I answered positively. “Not the Base. Just keep this between the two of us.” he requested seriously. “Okay then. Text me the address later.” I told him. ‘What’s wrong with the Base suddenly?’ I wondered to myself as I started to work on the report. The point is none of the facts seem to match.  “Dongy! Catch me if you can!!” Sehun teased and he picked the laptop up and ran. “Sehun! I’m trying to work.Give it back!” I started to yell and chase him. He kept running and tripped over his own two feet.

The laptop flew out of his hand and landed on the floor with what sounded like a fatal crash. 

 


 

A\N: Since I'm a nice author I uploaded really fast! Here's Chapter 44!

What do you think is gonna happen to Sehun after this? Why not meet at the Base? SO many questions left unanswered.. 

 Happy Reading! (: