Despair.

CheckMate.

“When a man is in despair, it means that he still believes in something.”
― Dmitri Shostakovich

 

I could feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, I let it be. Firstly as right now, I had no desire to talk to anyone. Also as I knew JR would call and if I picked up, I would have to tell him about Ryan’s condition. I hear my phone go to voicemail for the umpteenth time before I heard Suho’s gentle baritone. “Mia, where ever you are, please get back to me as soon as you can. We’re really worried for your safety.” he urged.

‘Don’t worry Suho, I’m fine. I wish I could say the same abut Ryan though.’ I thought to myself. After a few minutes I heard another message being recorded. This time it was JR. “Mia, I’m going back to the dorm. Ren’s extremely upset and he tends to get violent in such situations. I need to go calm him down. Please be strong. It’s not your fault. Don’t do anything rash and get back to me as soon as you can, time doesn’t matter.” He said. ‘I’m such a coward. I can’t even tell him how bad the situation is. I can’t deliver the news. I’ll tell you tomorrow. I promise you JR.’ I made a vow to myself.

Every sob caused another one to follow and every strangled cry that made itself heard another bit of life out of me. I felt sick, worn, broken and faded all at once. I gripped the cold concrete sidewalk so tightly that it hurt. Yet that pain was nothing compared to the hurt within. The guilt eating away at my soul and the betrayal clawing at my heart.

 I was at the very bottom of what felt like the bottomless pit of self loathing. Nothing could alter the way I felt. Every breath was another reminder that the same one could be possibly Ryan’s last because he was doing his job well.  I was feeling like I had just carried the world’s burden on my shoulder. I felt so tired that I just wanted to sleep and never get up.  However, I was too scared to close my eyes.  Just then my phone vibrated again. After a moment, another message was being recorded.

“Once upon a time there was a Prince who did not go home because something bad had happened. Luckily, he had a very beautiful Princess as a friend. She waited for him at the ballroom in the palace. He never had to say what happened. She was just there to provide comfort for the Prince’s fragile heart.” he said and hung up. He made it sound so simple, so tempting. Comfort without questions. He deserves to know. He has to know the girl whom he considers his friend is an agent from the CIA.

 I wiped the tears with the back of my hand and willed myself to get up. I gathered the remaining strength that I had and walked back to the hospital. From there, I drove back to the SM building.  A fresh wave of tears streamed down my face as I stood in front of the EXO practice room. A door shielded him from the truth. I opened the door to find him waiting there as he promised me would. The boy who would hate me once I told him what I had to. Just another ‘friend’ I would lose because of being an agent.

 


 

A\N: Here's chapter 50! :D and the agent line up is here:

A-Mia, electronics in charge.
E-Eric, leader.
I-Ivy, weapons in charge.
O-Mike, information in charge.
U-Ryan, manpower in charge.

Temme who you think the traitor is!  COMMENT!

Happy Reading!

Psst. Yes, it's my first double update today!