Promise.

CheckMate.

“Better a broken promise than none at all.”
-Mark Twain

MIA POV

Even before any of the EXO members could step out, we were told to move towards the side entrance due to security issues. We got out of the car to be ushered towards the seats designated for EXO. On the way a hand suddenly grabbed me causing me to stumble a little. I let out of cry of surprise that caused the EXO members to turn and look at what’s going on. JR was holding my hand, his eyes pleading. “Let her go.” Kris said, sensing my reluctance to talk to JR. It’s not that I did not want to talk to him; it’s just that I was afraid he would cause a scene in front of everyone. “I need to talk to you for a moment.” JR stated, ignoring Kris.

“You all go ahead and sit. I’ll be back in a moment.” I compromised. Kris glared at me and then turned to JR. “I’ll be watching you Junior Royal. Try anything funny and you’ll see what I’m made of.” Kris warned, before coolly walking off. On the other hand JR pulled me to a corner. “I apologize for shouting at you the other day. I just had to let my anger out and I did so; on the wrong person. Thank you so much for protecting us and rest assured that I’m willing to help you out anytime that you need.” he ranted.

 “It’s alright JR. I promise whoever did this will pay. I’m going to make sure or die trying.” I assured him. “I don’t want to hear this nonsense about dying. I want you in one piece at the end. I’m not losing another friend. Promise me that you’ll stay out of danger. I can’t afford to let anything happen to you after Ryan. Please.. Just promise me.” he said, his eyes wide. “JR calm down. I’ll promise I’ll be fine. Now don’t worry about me. Just stay around people and get out as soon as the event ends.” I instructed.

“I will. Now you should go back. The almighty dragon looks ready to kill me.” he teased. “Stop it. He’s really sweet once you get to know him.” I playfully glared at him. “Yeah yeah whatever.” he chimed in a diva-like tone, flashing me a small yet heart warming smile. We made our way back to our designated seats. ‘I just hope I’m able to keep your promise. It seems difficult right now but nothing is impossible right? I could do it. I’ve never failed a mission. Why should I give up on this? I promise to keep fighting till the end.’ I vowed to myself.

 “Mia..” a voice had me staggering back to reality. “Calm the angry buffalo down. His performance will be affected.” Suho whispered to me. “What do I do?” I asked him. He just shrugged in response. I looked if I could get Tao to help but he was talking to members from SHINee. My eyes widened in surprise. “Kris!” I called. He pretended to have not heard me. “Ayo Krease!” I said, a little louder. “What?” he asked, completely annoyed. “I need a favor.” I pleaded. “Tch. What?” he asked. “I need to meet my husband.” I pleaded.

“What?!?” he exclaimed, attracting too much attention. “Hush. Don’t be so loud. Could you please introduce me to Jonghyun from SHINee? I’m married to him in my fan girl fantasies.” I answered. He just laughed at me and  I kicked his calf because he was being so annoying. ‘Atleast he laughed.’ I mumbled to myself. Just then my phone lit up. “Mia, their manager will take your place now.” Sang Hee informed. “Alright I’ll be out in a minute.” I told her and hung up. “I’ll be off. Your manager will be here. Call me when you all head backstage.” I told the leaders.

I left to stand in the shadows so that I could watch over EXO. I could see Ivy standing in the corner opposite to mine. “Let’s hope this goes well. I can’t fight in a dress. You look good.” she giggled as she walked over.  “Me neither. We should have dressed up as men.” I groaned. “I wish Eric would have let us. He threatened me to make me wear a dress himself if everything else failed. That was scary. Anyway the event’s about to start I better leave.” she said and walked back to her position. A few minutes later Eric called to confirm I was in position. “Let’s do this.”I said to no one in particular as the hosts for the evening welcomed everyone.

 


 

A\N: I shall update the chapter you are waiting for tomorrow! So comment! Happy Reading! (: