Little Things and a Condition.

CheckMate.

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
- Robert Brault

 

“Yeobseyo?” I answered. “You’re awake? How do you feel? Did you eat?” JR asked without taking a breath. “My god JR.. Breathe! Yes I’m awake since I answered your phone. I feel fine. I’m eating. Now go sleep.” I snapped.  I couldn’t help but feel annoyed as the atmosphere in the kitchen changed from lively to awkward because of the call. Kai was now wiping the counter even when it was spotless already. “Jeez. So much for being concerned. “ he grumbled.

“Firstly I’m sleepy and second, I can take care of myself.” I snapped again.  “Aish.. go sleep. Take care.” he said and hung up. “You better finish that and go back to sleep. You must rest.” He said still facing the counter while rubbing his neck. ‘How do I tell you I’m not sleepy? I just did not want to talk to JR then.’ I mentally asked Kai.  I finished the ramyun in complete silence. The bowl was taken away as soon as I finished. He put his hands on my shoulder and led me out by pushing me forward. 

“Thank you Kai.” I smiled.  “No Thank You for saving my life and listening to me.. even though I don’t really deserve either.” he sighed and put his hands down. “Don’t underestimate your worth.” I said as I my heels and ruffled his hair. “Not my hair!!” he grumbled but still smiled. A laugh erupted from my throat. “Yah! Go sleep you have practice tomorrow!” I said pushing him towards his room. “You sleep there. I sleep there.” He said, pointing at the room for my case and at the couch for his. 

“But I lo---“I started to throw a tantrum. “Go before I scream!” he mimicked my tone and open his mouth to let out a scream. “Fine. I’m going but I don’t sound like that.” I whined as I stomped away. “Aish.. stupid girl.” I could hear him laughing. I climbed his bed and chuckled. ‘Finally, things on this end are alright. Now he’ll co-operate. I can focus on the professional end now. Well I can work with that.’ I smiled to myself. I focused on D.O.’s breathing to let myself fall back to sleep. I don’t know how much time passed but eventually, I was lulled in a deep, dreamless slumber.  

 

I woke up, fully relaxed, only realize it was almost noon and that EXO was at practice. I decided to take a long bath. I faced the mirror to find a pink post-it stuck to my forehead. ‘That was the best story telling session EVER. Take rest and love, Princess.’ it said. I smiled at the silly little thing.  After a long bath, I settled on the couch to watch some TV. Soon my stomach growled due to hunger. I opened the fridge to find some cheese and American sweet corn inside.

'Perfect! Corn and cheese sandwiches here I come!’ I thought. The next ten minutes were spent making these sandwiches. I got some coke and sat in front of the TV. For the first time, I was relaxing on a mission like it was a vacation. “I see you’re enjoying yourself.” someone remarked. I jumped at the sudden interruption. “Yes I am. Thank you. Now go away. Meanie, scaring me out of my wits.” I mumbled and turned my back to him.

 “Come on Mia, let’s go out for a while. I don’t have a schedule for the rest of the day. The rest of the group has a personality education class on how to respect their leader. “ he requested.  I did not answer him. “I’m sorry for scaring you. Now please.. come on..!” he whined.  I was surprised to see him act that way. “Fine. However, I have a condition.”I stated coolly. His eyes widen. ‘Tch. The tables have turned now Mr.Leader.’ I mentally congratulated myself.

 

 


 

A\N: Hello people! Which leader is Mia talking to?

Anyway, Happy Reading! (: