FOURTEEN

Until I Met You

 

 

"What's going on??" Byunghee was concerned. He had never seen Rian behave like this. 

He rushed into her office when he heard all the commosion. She was throwing everything on sight. 

 

"That bastard!! I want to kill him!" she picked up her lamp and almost threw it to the floor when Byunghee stopped her. "Tell me about it instead Miss Rian, don't do this please. You are going to hurt yourself." he said. She had the same temper as Yi Ryeong. He was not surprised to see that she had inherited the same temper but he was concerned as to why she was like this.

 

"He-he said he has a son!!"  she cried. His eyes widened. 

"That is not possible.." 

 

"He said he is 5 years old!! Leo would be 5 years old by now! It's Leo Byunghee I JUST KNOW IT!" 

 

"No…there has to be a mistake. I checked with the hospital 5 years ago…they told me he had died." 

 

"Why did he tell me that then!?" she yelled. Byunghee didn't know. "He must be doing it to prove that you are Ha Na. He is pushing your buttons. Clearly, it's working" 

 

She shook her head. "Byunghee you have to look into it! Please…make sure it isn't Leo!" she begged Byunghee. 

He nodded. "I will." 

 

 

_________

 

 

JUNG RIAN

 

Days passed, and I couldn't think about anything else but Leo. Could he still be alive? 

Byunghee was driving me to the company. Occasionally he would look through the mirror to see me. He was very concerned. I hadn't eaten since the day I had that conversation with Joon.

 

Byunghee was still working on finding out if that child Joon spoke of was even alive and if it was Leo or not.

"Miss Rian, maybe you shouldn't work today. You look--" he tried to think of a word that wouldn't offend me too much. "tired…" 

 

"Nonsense Byunghee…I need to be there.." I said. 

"If he sees you in this state he will think you are obsessing over this situation and you will get caught. This is exactly what he wants" he said. He was right. But I was going anyway. Plus, what were the chances Lee Joon was going to be at Boosung?

 

 

____________

 

"This is going to be really expensive." Ji Hoon was analyzing the costs for the ball.  

 

".." Ji Hoon took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. He couldn't see clearly. Everything had turned blury.

Just then, Jung Ri An walked in. She watched for a while before making her presence known.

 

He grabbed his head. He had a headache.

 

"Lee Ji Hoon-ssi?" She said. Ji Hoon jumped a bit. "Ah, Miss Jung.." 

"Gwenchanayo~?" 

"Ah yes, just a little stress out about the annual ball." he still couldn't see anything but looked up to where he heard Jung Ri An's voice come from.

She noticed he wasn't looking at her in the eyes. 

"Surely everything will turn out great. No need to stress about it." she said.

"This is my father's company. I will stress and worry and work as hard as I absolutely can to make it succesful." Ji Hoon said a little harsher than what he wanted it to.

Ri An smirked. "You are worthy of being of President, no doubt." 

"Sorry Miss Jung, can I have a moment? I am not feeling too great." Ji Hoon stood up and quickly grabbed on to the desk. He felt like he was falling over. 

"President Lee!" she came to his side and held him. "Ha--" he stopped dead in his tracks. He was about to call Jung Ri An by Ha Na. 

 

JUNG RIAN 

 

"Ha--" she heard Ji Hoon say but stopped himself. He was about to say Ha Na

"I mean...Jung Ri An-ssi..I am fine" he made it aparrent that he did not what me to touch him because he made space between us as quickly as he corrected himself. 

"I will take my leave." I said and left with Byughee following me close behind. When we were away from his office, I looked over at Byunghee. 

"Did you notice?" I raised a brow. 

He nodded. "I did." 

It seemed like Ji Hoon was going through something. Was his eye sight bad? Seeming as he couldn't even hold himself upright, there was definatly something not right. 

 

I went into the grand room where the ball was going to be taking place in a weeks time. 

As I walked in, I noticed the piano I was going to be playing right in the center of the room. It was beautiful. 

I walked towards it and touched it. To think that I was now a worthy opponent to the Lee brothers was satisfying. 

All my hard work brought me here, to this place where I had dreamed about for years.