SIXTY ONE

Until I Met You

 

 

 

 

Joon felt his legs go numb when he walked into Ha Na's room. His heart almost stopped when he saw her, lifeless on the bed. Her face was dirty with the smoke from the warehouse. 

 

"Ha…Na…." Joon broke down. He couldn't move any closer. Joon went down on his knees and cried. 

"Mianhae…mianhae Ha Na" 

 

***

 

 

"He is beautiful." Yoon Jae carried the baby. "I wonder what Ha Na wanted him to be named." 

 

"The young miss kept repeating something when she came in..It sounded like a name…" the nurse told Yoon Jae. 

 

"What did she say?" 

 

"'Leo'. Yoon Jae-ssi do you know anyone with that name?" 

 

"Leo?" 

 

____

 

 

"Joon-ah, are you in here?" Yoon Jae came in Ha Na's room and found Joon on the floor, crying. 

 

He quickly handed the baby to the nurse behind him and whispered her to take the baby and leave him alone with Joon.

 

"Don't be like this, son."

 

 

"I deserve to die" Joon wiped his tears and stood up. He walked over to Ha Na slowly and right when he was in front of her he reached out to her. 

 

He hesitated at first but gathered all the strength in him to caress her cheek. 

"She's so cold.." 

 

Joon looked so pale. His eyes were red from crying so much. 

"Am I this cruel" Joon's eyes got watery. 

 

"Joon…" Yoon Jae didn't know what else to say to comfort his son. 

 

"Lock me up father. Turn me in and find a way for the police to lock me up for the rest of my life." 

Yoon Jae gasped. "Joon!!" 

 

"How could I live…how could I go on living when I've done something so terrible?" Joon's voice sounded so weak. 

Yoon Jae went to Joon and grabbed both his shoulders and shook him. He grabbed his chin and turned it to face him. 

"You think you can just take the easy way out of this?!" Joon didn't move his eyes from Yoon Jae. He looked at him straight in the eye. 

 

"No…you don't get to do that. Going to jail is easy. You sit around all day and think about what you did. What good is wasting your life sitting around!?!?" 

 

Joon was getting angry. He pushed Yoon Jae away from him.

 

"Don't you think it's punishment enough?!!" Joon yelled back.

 

"No! You made Ha Na like this! Do you think Leo is going to raise himself?? That's right…if you want to feel less guilty about what you did get your over to your baby!! I don't give a if Ha Na hates you if she wakes up from her  coma….I don't give a if you two can never be together…

 

You have a responsibility. Now's the time to make up for all the wrong you have done Joon, even if you don't get anything in return."