FIFTY FOUR

Until I Met You

"Ha Na, you have a call from Roy Zhou." Min Woo went to Ha Na's home office and handed her his phone. She looked at it hesitantly but took it. 

Min Woo left right after. He was so short and distant with her since the day of the fight. 

"Roy..what do you want?" Ha Na answered the call in a rude tone. 

"I am happy you answered the call. How are you doing?" 

She scoffed. "Are you calling just to check up on me? Well...I'm fine." 

"No actually that is not the only reason. I want to let you know that we have Leo." he said. Ha Na almost dropped the phone.

"What do you mean?" 

 

 

JUNG RIAN 

 

"We have Leo" 

As soon as I heard those words, I thought of the absoulute worst. My heart sank. 

"What do you mean?" 

"It's quiet a long story." 

"What happened!?" I yelled. Did something happen to Joon? How does someone else have my son? There is no way that Joon would of allowed Leo to be taken from him. 

"Ha Na...what--?" Roy sounded confused. Min Woo took the phone from me. 

"Roy-ssi. What is going on?" as he heard from Roy his face changed. He tried to keep calm. 

"Is he okay? What about Lee Joon?" 

When he hung up, he turned to me and noticed I was balling my eyes out. He was still wierd around me so I wasn't expecting him to comfort me. I grabbed my shirt and covered my eyes with it. I couldn't stop crying. 

"Ha Na..." 

"What else did he say?" 

"He wants us to meet him."

"Why couldn't he just leave it alone....why did he have to meddle in this?" I cried. 

"I agree with you. He probably thought he was doing you a favor." Min Woo added, "But you shouldn't worry. Lee Joon is okay." there was a hint of sadness in the way he said that. 

I looked at him. "What makes you think I'm worried about him?"

"It must of been something that crossed your mind. After all, he is the man that you had a child with."

I felt a sharp pain in my chest. 

"Anyway, what else did Roy say? Did he explain why Leo is with him?" I desregarded Min Woo's comment.

He shook his head. "That was all. We can finally rest easy now that we have Leo back."

"I'm not going." I said. Min Woo's eye brows furrowed. 

"Wae?" 

"I am not doing this...not like this at least."

"Ha Na he's your son! You miss him everyday! You're sad because you aren't with him" 

I shot him an angry look. 

"At who's expense? Did you or Roy think about how my poor son would feel about all this?!" 

Min Woo looked ashamed. "So what your saying is you aren't going?" 


I nodded. 

___________________

 

"She's not coming." Roy sat back in his chair and sighed. 

"What?" Yi Ryeong was annoyed. 

"Min Woo just called me and let me know." he said. 

"So what now? Do we just go to her?" 

"I think I need to meet her first. I'm going now." Roy grabbed his coat and took off. 

 

 

JUNG RI AN

 

 

"Miss Jung. You have a visitor." the housekeeper came into my room and told me. A visitor? I wasn't expecting anyone. 

"Who?" 

"He didn't give me his name." she said nervously. "Sorry my Lady." 

"Next time ask for it. I can't let random strangers come into my house."

I walked into my home office and froze when I saw him. What the hell was he doing here?

"What do you want?" I was angry as hell.


You are making a habit of asking that everytime we meet" Roy helped himself to a seat. I just glared at him. 

I came over to my desk. "Why are you here!?" I yelled. He kept his composure in tact.

"I should explain everything to you from the start." Roy said. I felt my blood boil at his calmness. 

"What did you do to my son!?" 

"A mother sacrificies alot for the sake of her child. Even her own happiness." 

"What's your point?" I raised a brow. 

"You know, your reaction is not one I expected. Here I though you would be happy to get your son back. Instead you are seething with rage. After thinking it over, I think I understand why you are angry at what I did..." 

"You don't know anything! Don't come in here and pretend like you know everything!" 

"You don't want Joon to suffer" 

I scoffed. "Shut up." 

Who did he think he was?

"Whatever it is you did...undo it. I don't want Leo." I said. I couldn't believe those words had just come out of my mouthbut they did. 

"Why?" he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Ha Na's wishes are non of your concern Roy-ssi." Min Woo came into the office. He came to support me...

Roy smirked. "You must be No Min Woo." he lightly bowed. Min Woo did the same. "Nice to meet you." 

"Like wise." 

"I should at least let you know an important detail about Leo. Lee Ji Hoon brought it upon himself to do a DNA test." 

I gasped. What the hell? 

"As a result of that test, he was a match. Leo's father is--" 

I didn't allow him to finish. I grabbed the stapler and threw it at him. I missed. 

"Don't you dare finish that ing sentence you bastard!!!" I was beyond pissed. 

"I think it would be best if you leave...now!" Min Woo said sternly. 

Roy refused. "Either way, he is with me. I do not plan to give him back" 

"WHY!? Why are you getting involved in this!? No one asked you to do this!!" 

"I can't sit back and watch the man that tried to kill you and Leo enjoy what clearly belongs to you!" Roy yelled. With tears in my eyes I bit my lip. 

"What belongs to me?"

"The company, your happiness, the freedom to live as yourself...not to mention, your family!" 

"What if I don't want those things...what if I just want to get away from it all?" 

"I can't...accept that. When was the last time you were genuinly happy? When we the last time you weren't being hurt?"

I though back to a time. There was no such thing. I couldn't think of a time. 

"I'll walk you out Roy-ssi" Min Woo opened the door. 

Roy was not done. "You could be happy with Leo here. Why won't you let me reunite him with you?" 

"Because, he belongs with Lee Joon. He has nothing here. Take him back and don't show your face to me. Ever." 

Roy scoffed. "If there is anywhere else he needs to be is not with Lee Joon but with Lee Ji Hoon." 

"GET OUT!!!" I was so mad I was shaking. 

I was about to lash out when Min Woo grabbed my arms and tried to calm me down. 

"Don't you ever say that!!" 

"Take him...or that is where he is going." 

"GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!!!" I yelled. I was histerical. I felt my entire body shaking in rage. 

"Roy PLEASE" Min Woo said. he hesitated but gave up and left. 

When he had left, I collapsed in Min Woo's arms. I cried hard. 

Min Woo held me close. 

 

 

 

 

It had been 2 days since Roy had barged into my house. I had not heard of him since I kicked him out that day. It made me very nervous that I couldn’t get ahold of Lee Ji Hoon. 

Roy's words kept ringing in my head.

I spent the entire day pacing around, trying multiple times to call him. 

I didn’t want to resort to calling Joon but every minute that went by, it was becoming more of an option. 

“He hasn’t picked up?” Min Woo came into my office with tea. I shook my head.

“Have you tried Boosung?” 

“Yes. They won’t let me talk to him. Something is going on…

“Perhaps, you should try calling Lee Joon” he suggested. I furrowed my eyebrows. Why was he suggesting such a thing? Out of all people

“” I was frustrated. He was the one person I was trying to avoid at all costs. I had no other choice. I grabbed my cellphone and looked for his number for a while. 

I stared at it for a while. I bit my lip, hesitating. Min Woo stood up and began walking out. 

I dialed him. 

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings. 

....nothing...

Why wasn’t he picking up? 

“You know, you don’t have to go…” I said to Min Woo. He smiled. “I know this is not something you want to do Ha Na-yah. I trust you completely.” he procceded to walk out. I sighed. 

I'm sorry Min Woo

My phone went off. It was him. 

I summonded all the courage I had and picked up. 

“Joon” I said. 

“Ha Na..” he sounded strange. Dare I say, upset. Just like that, everything that I was planning to say quickly exited my mind. 

“Joon...what’s wrong?” I asked. He didn’t say anything for a while. 

“I-I….”

He was making me very worried. Something was wrong. 

I felt incredibly powerless to do anything. I was a person of control for a long time and this time, I could not do anything at all. 

“Joon!” 

“I need you here Ha Na-yah.” he whispered. My eyes widened. “I feel like my chest is getting tighter and tigher everytime...and it feels so hard to breathe..”

“Tell me”

“I’m having a really hard time…” he cried softly. Tears began to run down my cheeks. 

“Joon...wait for me? I will be there...please wait for me, okay?” I told him and hung up.

 

“You are leaving?” Min Woo asked as I put on my coat.

“I have to. Something happened.” I was running all over the place, trying to find my stuff. 

“You’re going alone?” he was confused. 

“I have to Min Woo. I need to leave now” I tried to avoid making eye contact. I felt bad for hiding the truth, but I had to go.

“When will you be back?” he grabbed my arm to stop me from walking around and looked my straight in the eye.
“I’ll be back as soon as possible.”

 

I know this is wrong...

I shouldn't go to Joon like this

That is what my mind is saying to me. My heart is telling me otherwise.