FIFTY TWO

Until I Met You

 

Ji Hoon tried to avoid going home until very late. He didn’t want to deal with Tae Hee and her endless nagging. He stopped by a convinence store and grabbed something to eat. 

It had been so long since he had been in a place like this. He looked at the cheap food and smiled.

This was the stuff Ha Na liked to eat. 

He prepared some instant ramen and went over to sit by the window. 

He waited for it to be ready to eat. 

“Sir?” an employee at the store approached Ji Hoon. 

“Yes?” 

“Are you by any chance Lee Ji Hoon?” 

He nodded. The employee was beyond happy to run into him at the store he worked. He asked for an autograph. Ji Hoon happily gave it to him and by the time he finished, his ramen was ready. 

He ate it slowly. He couldn’t believe people ate this stuff all the time.

“It’s not good at all…” he whispered to himself. “Ha Na-yah….this really isn’t good”

Tears began to roll down his cheeks. Memories of Ha Na began to flood his mind. Her laugh, her smile...how he missed it. 

He couldn’t believe everything that was taken from her because of him and his brother. Ji Hoon was sure that Joon loved her with the same intesity as he did. What he had the worst time comprehending was how he could lit a warehouse with Ha Na inside. Was he trying to kill her? 

 

Joon was really beyond the point of saving. He was sick. 

 

Ji Hoon walked back to his car after eating. His emotions where all over the place. 

He knew it was dangerous to drive in his current state but he didn’t care. If something where to happen, he would welcome it with open arms. He deserved it didn’t he…?

As he gripped the wheel, he let out mournful sobs. 

He stepped on the gas, he knew exactly where he was headed. 

 

__________________________________

 

That bastard.

I parked outside his house. I was here...I was ready to face him. 

I knocked on the door as hard as I could and a house maid answerd the door. 

“I need to talk to Lee Joon” 

“Sir? He is not in a condition to see anyone” her voice was shaky. She must of been shocked to see it was me at the door. 

I scoffed. “Well I’ll put him in a condition where he will have to see me” I pushed past her and let myself in. 

“Ji Hoon” Yoon Jae came to the door and stopped me. “What are you doing here?” He asked.

“I need to see Joon.” 

“He is not--”

“Yeah..well here’s the thing about that. I don’t care. I need to see him now!” 

 

“What is this about Ji Hoon? You should be ashamed to be here. After what you did” 

“What I did was nothing but necessary. Are you going to lecture me about what it’s like to be a father?”

Yoon Jae sighed. “Joon’s already down...why keep kicking him? Didn’t you get what you wanted?” 

“He took something that belonged to me. But this isn’t about throwing everthing to his face even though he deserves it. I simply want to ask him a few questions” 

He nodded and told me to follow him. 

Once we reached Joon’s room he let me in. That girl was in his room. She was sitting close to him by his bed. Rin Kim I believe.

“Leave us.” I said. Joon scoffed as soon as he saw me. 

He looked thin and unhealthy. His skin had a greyish tone and he had dark circles under his eyes.

Rin stood up from the chair by Joon's bed. I remembered Joon saying she was important to him. Yoon Jae had adopted her into his family so they weren't blood related. Was Joon actually in love with this person? 

She looked so ordinary. Nothing flashy about her. Perhaps I was just overanalyzing it.

“Rin...daijoubu. Please leave us” he spoke to her in japanese. She bowed and walked out. 

“What do you want….?” he hissed.

“I’ve come to ask you something.” my teeth clentched and my hands where in fists. 

“What is it?” 

“What did you do to Ha Na 6 years ago?” 

Joon’s eyebrows furrowed. “What are you talking about?” 

“What got her to the hospital...it was you...wasn’t it?” 

 

Joon took his time to respond. “Why ask about that now?” 

“Just answer the damn question!” 

“It seems like you already know.” 

“Yes...I do. But I need to hear it from you!” 

He was quiet for a while.

“I gave an order to kill the baby” 

My eyes shot open. “Kill the baby?” 

“I was convinced he was yours. It drove me mad to think that your blood was inside the women that belonged to me” 

My heart was racing. 

“Belonged to you?” 

“She was mine from the begining Ji Hoon. You knew that! You knew that and even that didn’t stop you from backing off. I didn't mean to hurt her...I just wanted him gone.” 

I scoffed and shook my head not believeing how twisted he was. 

“She was engaged to me! You had left her to fend for herself! You won’t even admit to that” 

“All I wanted was for her to listen to me! She wanted to have that child after I asked her to get rid of it! She was eventually going to do it but you had to get in the way!” 

“So why are you like this now?” 

Joon’s eyes widened. 

“If that’s what you thought...you have no idea how much of a fool you look to me laying there” 

“That was then!”

“You think that matters? The fact that you wanted to kill the child you now consider a son is beyond repulsive.”

“What’s got you so righteous now?” 

“Because I want to set everthing right!” 

“How do you intend to do that?” he said. 

"I want to return Leo back to her." 

Joon's eyes widened. 

"Look..." I hesitated. "Don't believe everything that you hear. Just because--"
 

+++++++++


Ji Hoon fell back in pain. He took his left side of his head with his hand and grunted in pain. 

“Hyung” Joon called him. He was at a loss for words as he saw Ji Hoon in pain. 

Ji Hoon’s eyes were closed shut. He kept screaming, everytime louder. 

Joon stood up and went towards his brother. 

“Rin!!” Joon called out for her.

Rin came in and was shocked to see Ji Hoon on the ground. He was panting and screaming. 

"Changsun, what happened!?” 

“He just started screaming...he must be in excrusating pain. Call 911” 

“Right” she did as she was told. 

It wasn’t even 10 mintues that the ambluance was already carrying Ji Hoon out of the house. 

“Let’s go Joon” Yoon Jae said and Joon nodded. They were going to follow Ji Hoon’s ambulance. 

 

4am 

 

Still nothing. No one had come out to give us Ji Hoon’s condition. I was growing impatient. 

“Father...let’s just go” I suggested. 

Yoon Jae hesitated. “Just be patient, it shouldn’t be long now..” 

“What am I even doing here father? I don’t even care about Ji Hoon!”  

“Even so, he looked like he was in really bad pain. It makes me wonder if he’s been sick for a while” 

Sick for a while? Of what? I thought to myself.

“Excuse me, are you family of Mr. Lee?” 

I cleared my throat. “Ah...” 

“Songsaengnim! Where is Ji Hoon?!” a women I recognized came rushing into the room. She was holding a little girl with her. 

“Who are you?”

“I am Lee Ji Hoon’s wife, Lee Tae Hee!”

“Very well. I need to speak with you in my office.” the docter said. 

I discreetly followed them and stood outside of the door. 

 

“Mr. Lee has had very sensitive eyes for a while” the doctor sighed. “He sustained a very damaging injury 6 years ago and ever since that day he’s had to take it easy with stress and work. There is no easy way to say this...but” he struggled. 

Joon tried to remember what he was talking about. It couldn’t be that time...could it…?
“Whatever it was this time...the damage was beyond repair. He will never be able to see again.” 

Joon’s eyes widened in complete disbelief.

 “Bwoh?!” his wife lost it.

“Mr. Lee is completely blind. I am sorry Mrs. Lee.” 


 

I didn’t need to hear anymore. I left to where my father was waiting. Ji Hoon was blind?

“Son...what happened?” he asked. 

“Ji Hoon….he..” I was completely lost for words. 

“Is he okay?” 

I shook my head. “He has lost his vision...he will never be able to see again..” 

“What are you talking about Changsun!?” 

“Apperantly he’s been going blind for a while…” 

 

A.N: 

Hey everyone! How are you doing? It's been a while since I've written you a message here!

I truely hope I still have readers up to this point! Please remember to leave a comment...they really help! I feel so energized when I see comments of my precious readers!