TWENTY EIGHT

Until I Met You

 

 

Flashback 5 years ago: 

 

No Min Woo

 

Something stirred within me when I saw her. Something I had never experienced before. She was so beautiful. From that moment she had become everything to me. It only took a little glance to fall completely in love with her. 

 

She sat up in her bed, looking outside her window. Her eyes were filled with emptiness, sadness. I wonder what she could be hurting about. 

I stood outside of her room, watching her. The door was slightly opened, but she didn't even care. All she did was look outside her window. 

Yi Ryeong's little sister, that's who she was. 

Suddenly, she leaned her head back and closed her eyes. She sobbed quietly. 

All I wanted was to go in her room and wipe her tears away. I wanted to comfort her. But I stopped myself. I didn't even know this girl. She didn't know me either. I didn't want to scare her. 

I knocked first. 

But she didn't hear me. She kept sobbing. 

I knocked harder. This time she heard me because she cleared her face and told me to come in. 

 

I walked towards her and she looked scared. When I saw her expression, I stopped. 

"Who are you?" she asked.

"My name is No Min Woo. I am a very good friend of your sister. I came to visit Yi Ryeong.." 

"My unnie.?" 

"Yes." 

She nodded and just sat there, quiet. She went back to staring outside of her window. It was apparent to me that she was not healthy. She acted strange. Her skin was very pale and she looked like so fragile.

"Ahgasshi…may I ask what's wrong? Why were you crying?" 

"You wouldn't want to know" she said. 

I sat on my knees near her bed. I took her hand and kissed it. 

She just looked at me, confused. 

"There is nothing I would love more than to hear you Ahgasshi. All I wish is for you to feel better." I smiled.

"But you don't know me" 

"That is not necessary…" he smiled. "I assure you, I am someone you can trust." 

 

From then on, I learned of the pain she had been holding in. Everyday, I visited her. Slowly, her health became better. With the exception of a few times. ....

 

"I am going to go up and check on Ha Na." I told Yi Ryeong. 

As I walked upstairs, I never imagined what I would see next. 

Ha Na was trying to kill herself. 

With a razor on one hand, she was holding up her other hand. She was going to cut her veins. 

Her face was drenched in tears. 

I ran into her room and took the blade from her. She screamed and cried for me to give it back to her. 

"Give it to me!!" 

"Ha Na what are you thinking?!?!" I threw it across and held her close to my chest until she calmed down. 

"I can't live anymore….I don't want to!" 

"Ha Na-yah, don't say that…why don't you want to live??" I cried with her. 

"My life has no purpose anymore…I want to die! My baby is dead….!!" 

I kissed her forehead. 

"You're wrong, you have a purpose…you just have to let yourself find it! You can't take the life you were given…the second chance you were blessed with!! You have to keep living for your baby!" 

She kept crying, harder this time. 

"Please Min Woo-ssi….let me die…I can't do it anymore.." 

 

"Do it for your family….don't make them suffer" 

She shook her head, still crying. 

I cried with her. "Then if not for them...do it for me"

Her eyes widened. 

I took her face and move it close to mine. "Listen to me Ha Na. You are so young. You have alot to live...

You can't allow yourself to give up, not when you made it this far." 

"What am I going to do Min Woo-ssi?" 

"I will help you Ha Na...we will get through this together. I will be by your side for as long as you need me to be." 

She hugged me tightly. "Be with me forever Min Woo-ssi. Don't ever leave me" 

She had no idea how that made me feel. There was nothing I wished more than to be by her side forever. 

 

Years passed and Ha Na had changed. She was no longer the broken girl she was when I met her. She was a strong, passionate women. There was something I didn't like about her. She was thristy for revenge. That is what motivated her to live. 

 

"Are you sure about this Ha Na?" I sat with her one morning to have breakfast with her in the yard. 

"Yes. You told me years ago that I had a purprose...I strongly belive that this is why I was given a second chance."

I shook my head. "A second chance to re do your life! Not to destroy it again!" 

"Redo my life? How?" 

"To find happiness" 

"No Min Woo-sii, I don't get to be happy. Not while Lee Ji Hoon and Joon and still alive. They are living thier lives like if nothing happened! While I am suffereing...do you think that's fair?" she cried. 

"That's because you are focusing on thier life! You have Byunghee follow them and report to you what they are doing! You are only hurting yourself! Don't you get it Ha Na?? If you didn't, you would be happy!" 

I shook my head. 

"If you would only look at what you have, instead of wanting to hurt others you would be a much happier person...more importantly, you would be at peace!" I said. Nothing I said got through to her.

"What do I have that makes me happy!? Do I have my son with me? Do I have the man that I love?" she cried. 

"Stop tormenting yourself on what you've lost! Focus on what you have now! Your family...your friends that love you so much!" 

"My friends that love me so much." she scoffed. "Like you?" she kept crying. 

I didn't say anything. I was quiet because I knew she was about to hurt me. 

"You will never be him. I will never look at you as a man! Give up on it already...you are not enough to satifiy me...to make me forget about Joon. To make me happy..."