Chapter 85- It was him

Mokpo(Donghae) or Seoul(Kyuhyun)?

 

Flashback

 

4 days ago.

Valentine’s Day

 

 

Taeyeon just stopped and look at a corner at the other side of the street. “unnie, are you alright?” Eunye said as she looks at her unnie. “Hey guys, I’m gonna go check something out, you just continue dancing..” she said as she went away. “Umm..okay..” Eunye said being confused. “What’s wrong with your unnie?” he said. “I don’t know, must be from the 3 hours drive she’s been through” “Yeah..maybe..” he said agreeing. As Taeyeon walks at the other side of the street, she saw a man hiding behind a tree. “Donghae? What are you doing here? You should be there!” she said. “Noona, I can’t..” he said as he cries terribly enough to water the plants. “You can’t give up Donghae! You went all over here just to see her!To get her back! You can’t just give up!” “Noona! I’m not giving up!” he said as he cries. “Then why are you—“ “I’m not giving up but I don’t want to see her get hurt!” he cutted her off. “Noona, can’t you see, it’s over… she’s happy now with that Kyuhyun” he said as he kneels down. “Donghae..” she said kneeling down too. “I can’t let you be hurt like this..” she continued. “It’s better to be hurt than to hurt somebody I love..Noona, do you think what I did was wrong?” he said as he cries. “Loving Eunye wasn’t a mistake…” she said. “Mistakes are part of life. They teach us that some things shouldn’t be done again. But, mistakes can also lead us to a lifetime suffering. I know this is true for because of my mistake, I have lost her” he said. “You still can change everything..” she said. “No noona, it’s over, she’s happy, I can’t take that away” he said. “Please, don’t give up yet..” she said starting to feel really bad for Donghae who’s almost crying his eyes out. “It hurts to see the one I love move on while I can’t even let go. It hurts to see the one I love happy while I can’t even smile. There’s nothing I could say nor I can do. I guess if she’s happy then I’m happy for her.” He said as he catches his breath from the crying he has done. “Here..” she said as she gave a handkerchief to him. But he didn’t respond and just gave it back to her. “Are you sure you don’t need it?” she asked. But he just moved his head sideways. “It’s okay noona, just go, I’ll be alright…” he said as both of them stood up. “But How about you?” she asked. “I’ll be alright, I’ll just go to Mokpo again...” he said as he wipe his tears. “How about the place you’re checking in?” she asked. “It’s alright, I’ll handle it, tomorrow I’ll be going..” “Okay, take care of yourself” she said as she bows and walk away. “Noona wait..” he said making Taeyeon stop. “yes?” “Please don’t tell Eunye that I went here..” he said. “Okay…” she said as she starts to walk away again. “Hey guys I’m back..” Taeyeon said looking all bothered. “Hey, unnie what’s wrong?” Eunye said stopping to dance. “What? No, I’m not..” “Then what were you doing at the end of the street?” “What me?” “Were you talking to someone?” “What? No I wasn’t I.. I thought I saw something..” she said. “Oh, okay…” “I’m just gonna go get some drinks inside, will you excuse me..” she said leaving. Before she could say something her unnie was gone.

 

 

-----

 

“Hey, where are you going?” Taeyeon asked. “I’m going to Mokpo…” she said as she took her hanged clothes and put it inside her suitcase. “What? When did you decide this? This week? Last week? Yesterday? The time when I opened this door?” she said coming closer to her sister. “Not too long ago.” She said continue to pack not looking at her unnie. “Why?” “Donghae’s in coma.” She said going straight to the point. As Taeyeon heard the news coming from her sister’s lips… she immediately became shock and covered with her two hands. “Are..are you sure?” she said being all shocked. “Yes.” She replied back. “But I just saw hi---“ but before she could finish everything she was about to say, she stopped and just looked at Eunye. “You just saw what?” she said finally stopping at packing and just looked at her unnie. “Umm..nothing..so did you already tell daddy?” she said sitting at the bed. “Not yet, but I’m sure he will let me..” “Okay..” Taeyeon said.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

SH: Taeyeon unnie didn’t tell you?

EY: No..she didn’t…

SH: And why do you think is that?

EY: I don’t know…

 

“Hey! I’m back!” Eunhyuk said entering with a bag of food. “Hey Hyukkie where have you been?” she asked. “I went to a fast food chain” he said as he gave the two each a burger. “Thanks.” Eunye said. “So how is he?” “Still the same like we left him.” She said. “Aisshh.. I never thought Donghae would do such a thing.” He said as he looks at Donghae who’s sleeping. “Hey, I’m back” a woman said entering the room. “Mrs. Lee, annyeonghaseyo!” Eunhyuk greeted with joy. “Hi! And who’s this young lady?” she asked. “Oh, ajumma, this is Eunye…” Soohyeon answered. As soon as she heard it, she looked at Soohyeon and Eunhyuk, and Eunhyuk looked at ajumma with a ‘yes, she’s the girl Donghae is in love with’ look. “Ahhh..Eunye, it’s nice to see you” she said happily as she gave her a hug. “So, you’re Eunye, I can’t believe I’ll be seeing you here..” she said. “I’m sorry Mrs. Lee to see your son in that position, I really am” she said from the bottom of her heart. “It’s alright, I mean, I can’t blame him, with love nothing’s impossible” she said as she looks at her son. “Huh?” Eunye said confused. “The time I found Donghae unconscious in his room…” she said as she reached something in her pocket. “I found this in his hands..” Mrs. Lee said as she gave a piece of paper to Eunye. As Eunye looked at it, she saw Donghae’s writings that said…

 

 

‘What if I leave you, will you come with me? If one day I go and never come back, will you still look for me? If one day you hear I’m dead, will you still cry for me? But what if this one day never happens, will you still care for me?’

 

As soon as she read it, she didn’t know what to feel. “Umm..I’m, I’m sorry..excuse me for a sec..” she said as she walks outside the room. “Eunye, wait..” Soohyeon said following Eunye.