Chapter 22- Detention!

Mokpo(Donghae) or Seoul(Kyuhyun)?

The next subject of Eunye was in Biology lab. Which means, Hi Donghae! For Eunye. But Eunye wants to avoid Donghae so her feelings for Donghae won’t be you know… won’t turn into…starts with L and ends with E, and it’s a four letter word. As she enters the lab, she immediately saw Donghae with his lab gown on.  But instead of sitting with him, she just sat with Yubin. “Why are you here? Sit with Donghae over there..” Yubin said as she whispers to her. “Aren’t you jealous?” she asked with curiosity. “What? Me…no…I’m just a classmate, and I don’t like him that way…just a friend, not those die hard girls who would kill each other just to be Donghae’s girl.” She said calmly looking straight to Eunye. “Come on…sit there, so you two can be friends” she said smiling. “Well, you see, about that friend thing.. I---“ “Eunye, please sit with your lab partner now…” the professor said pointing at Donghae and cutting her off. With no choice she sat beside Donghae but avoiding eye contact. “Hi!” Donghae said happily looking at Eunye, but she didn’t respond in couple of moments, but to not be rude she said “Hi..” but still avoiding eye contact then pretended that she was listening to the teacher.

 

Eunye’s POV

 

‘Eunye, remember…don’t have eye contact with him, or else…just remember you won’t fall in love with him because of that kiss, and the saving thing he did to me. Just avoid him, and stop doing other things with him. And he doesn’t attract me, he’s just a normal ordinary not so cool person that I met. He’s not the son of the president or anything, he’s just a normal person. Don’t fall in love with him! I repeat don’t fall in love with him.’ That’s what I keep saying on my head when I was beside Donghae all along. I don’t want to look at him because, I admit, just staring at him makes girls drool, and make a bid ‘O’ in their faces. Aishhh… But then suddenly I heard my professor say that I don’t want to do. “Okay class, today we are going to mix chemicals, the instruction are on the board, now work with your partner quietly…” wait, wait, work with my what? Partner? Aisssshh….the new professor is no good either since the last professor partnered me up with this boy. “Let’s now work…” I heard Donghae speak to me softly but I still didn’t look at him, then, I didn’t know what to do, I was out of myself, suddenly I find myself banging on the table and shouted to him with out looking. “I don’t want too!” why did I just said that? But it’s too late for regrets because it happened already. Then I heard him say “Eunye what’s wrong with---“ he said to me as he touched my arm, then once I felt his hands touched to my arms, I froze, didn’t know what to do again…how to feel, without thinking I swing my arms away to have him let go of me, but since I wasn’t looking at Donghae, I didn’t know he was holding a test tube with chemicals already, I swing my arms which made the test tube of Donghae spill out of the container and hit my professor on his torso! “YAH!” was the first word I heard from my teacher. I looked now from behind and saw my teacher looking really mad at me with his shirt all stained up. I looked shock for what I’ve done, then Donghae looked at me with shocked eyes, and didn’t know what to say. But then finally I spoke “Ummm I’m sorry it was all---“ “Our fault!” Donghae said cutting me off. “What’s that Mr. Lee?” said the professor. “Ummm..you see, Eunye was going to mix the chemical but suddenly she moved and I spilled the chemicals all over you..sorry…” Donghae said as he looked strightly to the professor. “Well then, Donghae and Eunye, Detention!” he said with an angry tone. With no further of do. Both of us went to the detention room, with no one around and just a teacher waiting someone to come inside to be punished for their wrong doings. “Please enter…are you ready for the start of your boring and miserable morning?” the teacher said looking all bossy to us. I can’t answer anything but Donghae just said “Deh…”. “Please seat and have a boring time” the teacher said gesturing to seat wherever, because there were just seats with no students at all, just the three of us in the room. When I finally sat on a chair, I saw Donghae sitting beside me. I don’t get it, why sit beside me, there’s other chairs in the room, I’m the one who got him in trouble…why sit close to me? It was so boring! Awkward silence in the air around the room! Aisshhh…one of my biggest weakness is boring stuffs! I want to talk to someone but, if I talk to Donghae…I don’t want to loose Kyuhyun in my mind. If I talk to the teacher…aisshhhh…never mind. But then Donghae spoke to me. “You okay…” he said as he avoid to look at me. I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to do. Wahhhh~ Appa uttukhe!? Should I speak or not?! Aishhhh…. Fine, I’ll just speak whatever the what sentence comes out of my mouth. “If you don’t want to talk to me it’s fine just---“ “Why did you do that?” I said cutting him off. “What?” he asked. “Why did you do that? It was my fault, I’m the only one who should be in detention, and not you…” I said to him still avoiding him. “Why don’t you want to know?” he asked me.

 

Eunye: Why Do I want to know? Of course I want because I can’t find any explanation why would you do that for me…we’re not friends…

Donghae: I know that…

Eunye: The why did you do that!?

Donghae: Don’t you see?! I did that because of you!!

 

‘I did that because of you!!’ once I heard that my head turned to him and started to stare at him. Once I did that… I saw Donghae in my mind having a slow motion movement with his head moving and looking at me with his beautiful eyes sparkling and looking at me sincerely with a pink background with hearts and an additional sparkle on the background. Then suddenly  “Yah! Eunye! Eunye! Yah!” Donghae said looking at me worried, then I snap out of my mind. “Huh? What?” I said shaking my head a little to snap out of my mind. “Gwaenchana? You were staring at me with an ‘O’ shape in your mouth…” “Really?” I asked because I didn’t really felt that. “Yeah…you were about to drool also…” he said to me pointing at my mouth. “Ahhhhhh~” Donghae said smiling at me. “Hey, why are you smiling at me like that?” I said to him. “You starting to notice my charms huh?” he said with confidence. “What!? You must be dreaming! You’re out of your mind!!!” I said to him starting to be irritated once again. “Well why are you starting to drool?!” he said to me proving a point. “Well…I was…” I said, and cannot think of a good alibi. “You were what!?” he said having a loud tone with a little smile on his face. Think of something Eunye! Say Something! “I saw a fly!” I said, nice Eunye…nice thinking. “You saw a fly?” he said raising an eyebrow with a weird tone. “Uhh, yes, I saw a fly and it flew right above you…” I said pointing just above his head. With me pointing, he looked above his head. Then I tickled his neck, I din’t really know the reason why I did that. But I just laughed. “Hey! Why did you do that for?” he said with a little laugh. “Nothing, you look cute!” I said to him smiling. Wait! He looks cute!? And I smiled?! Eunye, stop thinking about his handsome and cute side! “Really? I look cute?” He looked at me with a smile and a raising eyebrow. Then I come to my senses and  started to avoid his smiles, and my laugh faded away. “Ummmm…what I meant was…oh why do you care!?” I looked at him irritated. “Oh nothing just wanted to know, I thought you were starting to fall in love with me…” e said looking at the board smiling proudly. “Ha! Me ? in love with you! Like that’s gonna happen?!” I said to him with a dried laugh. “Is it?” he said looking at me again with a raising eyebrow. When he asked me that, I started to think…can I really actually fall in love with him? “Of co-course not…” I said to him looking at him a little. “Well, okay…you said it…” he said still smiling to me.