For Ever and Ever

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hey guys I know I have been MIA for some time now. It's just school has been hectic for me, so I hope you guys understand. Firstly I would like to welcome @Bangstar88 into the world of DTDT, I am so happy that you have enjoyed this fanfic as much as I have enjoyed writing it. And thank you for claiming it's the best KwangMong ff you have ever had, what a fantastic compliment! I am honoured. All hugs are accepted :3 I hope you would stick by me and read my ffs in the near future, since this one is ending already. 

And @Tirison, I hope I did nail it! It took me a lot of balls to do it one sweep. So I'll pardon your language hehe. And anyways, sorry for the time it took for me to update this. It's really hard to find the time to construct a frame and write it down. So I hope you'll like this chapter. 

So to everyone who has stuck by DTDT, well it's not over yet. But the ending is coming close. Thank you for all the comments, all the support that you have given me throughout the writing of this fanfic. Please, give me suggestions of what ff should I write about next! I would love to hear your input on things! I might even use it. 

Okay, as always, please upvote, subscribe and as always, above all, comment! Your comments mean the world to me, I mean it. I love you guys. 

 

Wedding bells. 

It was the big day. She would not have guessed how fast it came. She was in her wedding gown, in white. To her, weddings should be white, even though she felt too innocent for her to wear white. Her eyes fixated on the mirror, Song Ji Hyo looked beautiful. She had asked everybody to disperse, she was getting jitters but she knew she was going to go through it well. When she thought about Kwang Soo, she thought that everything would go smoothly. She has Yoo Jae Suk as her wedding MC, Kim Jong Kook to sing her a ballad after the ceremony has ended and at the end of the aisle, she has, well you know who is waiting for her. The preparations was done pretty quick, since she demanded it to be. She was starting to show, but the flowy dress concealed it well. Well, everybody knows that she's almost 10 weeks pregnant, but at least she should look slim in her photos. She thought about Kwang Soo, about what to do, about what her expectations at the end of the day might be.. They had registered the marriage about two days prior actually, and the ceremony is just a formality. 

She gazed at herself in the mirror, she touched the stomach that has her kin in. She thought of Kwang Soo all the time this whole week, about tying the knot with her hoobae. She thought, alright, I could do this. 

It's only in the matter of time. 

 

 

Lee Kwang Soo was getting ready. Everything was chaos when the preparations underwent. It was a pickle when he bowed for permission to take Song Ji Hyo as her wife. Her father at first was shocked, too shocked actually when he found her daughter knocked up. But then her father realizes how wonderful Kwang Soo was after she explained. As they all say, when you get lemons, you make lemonade. So when you get a lemon in your cervix, then you get married. Kwang Soo thought about how comical everything was, and how Song Ji Hyo is going to be his bride. He smiled at the thought, everything is going into place. He heard a knock on the door. It was his hyung, Kim Jong Kook, dressed to the nines. 

'Hyung!' He says, smiling at him. 

'It's almost time, are you ready?' His hyung asked, he sheepishly smiled and nodded. 

'Yeah.' He says. Kim Jong Kook went to him, tucked his lanky dongsaeng into his embrace. 

'You never know what's coming.' Kim Jong Kook says. 'You and Song Ji Hyo, that's something isn't it?' 

Kwang Soo was getting red. 'I'm nervous, hyung.' He says. 

'Well, it's your wedding day, of course you should be nervous.' He says. 'But then, it's going to be Song Ji Hyo walking down the aisle. When you think about that, it's not really that hard, isn't it? And she's going to be beautiful in her wedding dress, and you're going to love her even more, seeing her in white. Not that I have experience though.' Kim Jong Kook said, and that made Lee Kwang Soo chuckle. 

'At least, hyung, since we're going to be wed, she can't change her mind now, right?' He says. Lee Kwang Soo, always the one with doubts. Even when he registered the wedding, they came separately. While she was five minutes late, as per usual, he thought that she had flaked on him. But she came, disheveled but she made it anyways. 

'It's just a formality, Kwang Soo, there's nothing to be worried about.' Jong Kook smiles, proud of his dongsaeng. 'You're going to be a man, sooner than I am. And a dad too.' 

Thinking about his child, he was grinning. 'Yeah, hyung, I'm going to be a dad. In one full sweep, in such a small portion of time, she has made me the happiest man alive.' 

'I'm so proud of you, Kwang Soo-ya.' Everything went quiet when they both got in an embrace. Everything went quiet all of the sudden. Kim Jong Kook thought it was a pity that his dongsaeng was going to be wed first, with Song Ji Hyo to add, a woman he openly respected. They parted, 'It's time.' 

 

 

The rendition of 'Here Comes the Bride' plays by a local band. The piano was perfectly tuned, the harpist fingers danced on the strings and the violins came in unison. Here comes the bride, Song Ji Hyo. Her dad tugging on her arm, assisting her while she walks down the aisle. And all she could see was Kwang Soo, who was standing there, with Song Joongki as his best man. They both looked handsome, dapper. What was thirty steps felt like a lifetime. She walked carefully, making sure that she doesn't trip over something. If it's Song Ji Hyo, her clumsiness would overpower anything. 

By the time she got to the end of the aisle, her father handed her to the groom, who looked like he has never seen her. Song Ji Hyo in white, with a off-white veil. He took her hands, that was as cold as ice, that's when he knew that she was as nervous as she was. 

The sermon was kept short and simple, the vows were terribly cheesy and filled with inside jokes, but they promised each other the same thing: devotion, persistence, participation and also love. And finally he unviels her, exposing her beautiful, white as snow face, painted with the simplest of makeup, he kissed the bride. 

'I love you,' he whispers to her. 'For ever and ever.' 

She smiles at him, a sweet smile. Thin, but precious. 'I love you too, Lee Kwang Soo.' She says. 'For ever and ever.'