Watching You

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hey guys! I am like, psyched to be writing again. But seriously, DT2 is going to reach it's end and I want to do it in the nearest time being because I want to push a brand new story. But don't worry, it's not ending yet. I got myself a new laptop (it's real purpose is for university actually) but after a long wait, I could finally update much much often. 

But get ready for the next chapter, a bomb's going to explode. 

Make sure to subscribe, upvote and most of all, comment! You guys wouldn't know how much I miss you guys. 

 

Song Ji Hyo saw Kwang Soo from a far. The enchanting man of hers was busy talking to their guests. She thought of how rude she has become, leaving him to handle it all on his own. The things that Gary told her replaying in her head, she's getting a headache out of it. She does not even know if it's a good idea that she confronted him. Kwang Soo has always been the kindest person she knows. He is playful, sometimes annoying and cheeky - but he does not mean any harm. Most of the time, it's just for camera. The dongsaeng of hers has become her partner; what she hopes is for life. She approached him, she tries to act as normal as she could. 'Where were you? I've been looking all over for you.' He says, he kissed her cheek upon her arrival. 

'I was talking with Gary-oppa. Have you served the food yet?' She asks. 

'I have, I hope you don't mind. They all were waiting, so I had to.' 

It was the first party, announcing their relationship as a couple; but even so she has been MIA all night. 

'I'm sorry. We just had to talk things through.' She says. 

'Is everything alright?' 

It took her a second to answer but she looks at him and smiled, 'Everything is great.' She answers. Now every sweet thing he says to her makes her feel melancholy, as if she could burst into tears any time. How did he fall for her so deep? How did it turn out like this? She hopes of great things in the future; so that the both of them could find happiness together. Jae Suk was busy talking to Haha, having fun with the bubbly and cute Dream. Kwang Soo comes in, with chocolate sweets for the energetic child. Song Ji Hyo was eyeing her boyfriend, who picked up Dream and kissing his cheek. The little boy has always like Kwang Soo. Well, in general, children did like Kwang Soo more. Probably because he's tall like a giant, he looks like a character in a fairy tale; guarding a bridge or a castle or whatever. She was talking to some of the guests however her eyes never stopped looking at him. 

Kim Jong Kook appeared. He has been watching her watching him. Everybody was looking at her and how infatuated she was towards Kwang Soo. 'Kwang Soo has always been like that, has he?' He says to Jihyo. Jihyo that was caught off guard almost spilled her white wine all over the carpet. 

'Oppa. Have you eaten?' 

'I have. You and Kwang Soo cooked, right? it's delicious, thank you for inviting.' He says. 

'Yeah. But most of you guys cooked the meat, so it wasn't that much.' She says, she drops her hair to the back of her ear. 

'You love him, don't you, Ji Hyo-ah?' He asked. She nods. 

'More than anything in this world, in this moment.' 

'Have you guys told the press?' 

'Nope, not yet. It's hard, since we have other commitments. I don't want to ruin his career just because of this relationship.' 

'And you're not thinking about yours?' 

She laughs. 'Oppa, no, I'm an old woman. But Kwang Soo is different. He has this whole career waiting for him. He's a good model, a good actor - a great member of the team. I wonder, oppa, if this relationship would ruin it for him.' 

'Ji Hyo-ah, you're only a few years older than him.' 

'But those few years is a lifetime for some. Yeah, of course, I want to do more - I want to act more, become someone not only in Korea. I still want to model, become a role model for young girls. But I am focusing on him. I want him to have more than what I have. I want him to be somebody.' 

'Even if he outshines you?' 

Ji Hyo smiles, she takes a light sip from her tall glass. 'Yeah, even if he outshines me. Kwang Soo is different, he's versatile, hard-working and he's the best person I know. I am scared for him, scared if he's going to give up things just to be with me. I hope he doesn't break the lines that he drew. I hope he does not push boundaries that he doesn't want to push. i just want the best for him.' She says. 

'What if the best for him, is you?' Jong Kook smiles, but then he gives her a sigh. 'Stop cutting yourself so short. To you, you might think that he's shining better than you are. But then, you don't look the same way Kwang Soo sees you. Whatever you do, is right, Ji Hyo. And that means, staying by him. You guys have gone a really long way, right? It's a shame, isn't it, to let it go?' Jong Kook advises. She looks at her, she smiles and kissed his cheek. 

'Thank you, oppa.' 

'Any time, Ji Hyo-ah.' He bids. Kwang Soo approaches her, even with Dream in his hands. Kim Jong Kook liked the sight of the both of them. Dream tugging onto Ji Hyo's hair and putting it into his mouth. Kwang Soo laughing, his strong arms still having a firm grip on Dream, making sure that he is safe in his arms. Sometimes Kwang Soo would rise him up, making him shout in laughter. It was a good sight, a great one, to see the very least. 

Never thought that things could change in an instant.