Cold Fingertips

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hey guys. I'm back from wallowing in my own self pity. If you ask me seriously, I didn't even think about the breakup anyways. I merrely just thought about how fun my break is that includes doing stuff like the ATV adventure, seeing friends, drinking expensive coffee and also, writing this KwangMong episodes. I really do  have something in mind, but I think it should be further in the story, so please anticipate more heartwrenching chapters in the future. Thank you all for your comments, seriously it makes my whole day even brighter. So please, vote, subscribe and comment on what you think about the story. And finally @spartace_suki, you finally decided to vote and subscribe, that literally made my whole day. So all of you, be well, don't let boys be mean to you and find yourself a good man. This author prays the best for all of you. Much love xox

 

Lee Kwang Soo woke up the freshest he has been in months; He woke up with his noona in his arms, curled up like a cat. She was still burning with a fever, but she didn't heat up like she did last night. He found himself smiling like an idiot. Who could have known that his noona would have been someone who needed somebody. He stared at her, e should have just stayed up all night just to look at her, he thought. With no time to waste, he got out of bed and went into the shower. He did his usual routine, made sure that he appeared presentable. He went to the kitchen and made porridge for the sick Ji Hyo in her bed. He came back, she was still sleeping. Her cheeks a bit red, her breathing steadier than last night, if only he could make her stay like that forever. 

He lightly traced his fingers on her cheeks, noona looks best while she's sleeping. Calm, safe and silent. Her eyes closed shut, but it was still not forceful. She should sleep more, he said to himself, he went back to the kitchen and ate breakfast of simple cereal and a few bits of blueberries inside. It looked pretty though, the subtle yellow from the cornflakes and a striking purple from the fruit. He ate it like a simpleton, without no worries in the world. 

But there, he struck with the realization that somebody looked at her like he did. Jong Suk, the hot-blooded young one displayed affection to her - he could almost see himself in him. But all he could do is sigh, whomever Song Ji Hyo chooses, is right for her. But he was the one who took care of her, and she was the one who squatted in front of his doorstep, that should mean something right? 

Song Ji Hyo woke up in a daze. She was with someone last night right? She remembered Kwang Soo in the faint light from the night stand, and she remembered how comfortable he was despite the burning fever. She couldn't remember the last time she felt that kind of safety from someone. She woke up with a compress on her head, which she placed on her hand slowly. She brushed her hair with her fingers, trying to look as presentable as she could be despite her face a bit bloated and her eyes a bit dim. She walked outside the room. 

'Kwang Soo-ya?' She called, abruptly and naturally, he stood. The room was shining brightly since Kwang Soo liked the exposure, but it was too bright for her given the different atmosphere.

'Noona?' He says, catching his breath. 'You should be in bed.' He says. She merely shook her head, and placed herself on the sofa. 

'Do you have work today, Kwang Soo-ya?' She asked her, her eyes fixated on the muted TV. 

'I just have to be at the company in the afternoon and check in for any news, but other than that, I'm home.' He says. 

'I don't have anything, so can I stay here?' She asked. 

Kwang Soo immediately felt red on his cheeks. 'Sure, noona, anything for you.' He says, under his breath as if he didn't want her to hear it. He went into the room and got her a blanket. He tucked her inside the blanket, and dimmed the room - closing the blinds. 

'You should eat, noona.' He asks. She nods, and he went into the kitchen. He took out a bowl and filled it with the porridge he made her. He got her some herbal drinks that he keeps in bulk in his fridge. He handed it to her, which she gladly eats silently. He took a seat a few inches away, but she sighed immediately. 

'Kwang Soo-ya, can you please sit closer to me, I want to lean on you while I eat.' Song Ji Hyo protests. Shyly, even if he felt like his heart is going to burst out of his chest, he abides to it. Comfotably, she ate while leaning her hand onto his arm as if they were the only two people in the world. Both eyes were fixated on the TV, but their heads were elsewhere. They thought about themselves. Song Ji Hyo finished eating, but she couldn't finish it all. Kwang Soo took the bowl and finished it for her. 

'You're going to catch my fever if you do that.' She says when he started eating mouthfuls. 

'Don't worry noona, I have a really good resistance to colds.' He merely says, and looked at her bright-eyed. After resting her head on his arm, she descended quickly to his lap. 

'Noona..' He says. 

'Just. My head is spinning.' She says. 'I rarely get fevers but when I do, it's a bit hard to get rid off.' She says. 

'Okay.' He says, unable to say anything. He placed the finished bowl on the coffee table, his hand crept on her head. He lightly pressed it, massaging her head for her. He tried hard not to look at her, imagine how hard he would drown with the presence of her. He thought, if he didn't think about it so much, it would disappear. He thought that all of this excitement is not good for his health. But Ji Hyo wanted him to look at her. His fingertips colder than it usually is, she didn't know whether the weather or his nervousness caused it. Whatever it is, it felt nice against her burning hot skin. 

'Kwang Soo-ya?' She says. 

His eyes was still on the TV, finally he looked at her. 

'Can you lean in closer?' She asked, and he followed. 

Abruptly, she kissed his cheek, making him redder than a tomato. 

'Thank you for taking care of me. It means a lot to me, more than you think.' She utters quietly. 

'I'll always look after you, noona.' He forcefully says, trying to act cooler than he is used to. 

'I don't like lip service.' She says. 

'I'm not kidding.' 

Ji Hyo realizes, wow, he's more honest than she thought.