Choosing Him

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hey guys, its me again. So, for your comments, @vietgirl14, it's okay. But I would love to see you comment anytime soon later though it is nice to hear that you're a big fan of the story. I hope I have not disappointed you plot wise. And @spartace_suki, I was kind of reluctant to let go Dong Wook as a character too though but  I think it's time for me to incorporate Kwang Soo again into the story, he has been missing in much, and I truly apologize to all Kwang Soo's fans for that. @riasugesti, I am happy that this makes your heart heavy and I'll make sure to put in much more Kwangmong moments as much as I can from now on. For all of you readers, thank you for the much love and support that you guys put in, making sure that I consistently write this story without fail for at least once every two or three days. I'll try to binge-update soon, so I can coddle you guys more. Anyways, remember to subscribe, vote and most of all, comment. You guys don't know how much that makes my day much more enjoyable. Much love xox. 

 

Ji Hyo went back home and decided to change and take a quick shower. To her, this was a special day, the day she finally made up her mind. Since the restaurant was closer to her home then it is from Kwang Soo's, she decided to take care of that first. Unknowingly, she knew Kwang Soo's schedule, since she has kept her eye on him for a long time. But she was really excited, esctatic even. She wanted to be the girl that Kwang Soo wanted. She wanted to be the best she can, even if it was only looks-wise. She has cost him a lot of pain, this was the least she could do for him. 

She came back home, and took a quick shower. Her hair was curled slowly, just on the tips. It made her look nicer. She did her make up lightly, the only kind of make up she knows how to do. Her hair was flowy, and not like any other day, winter is ending - the ice is thawing, she wore a knee-length dress with thick tights, she applauded herself for it. She liked that she was ready for him, she liked that she wanted him -  she liked that she wanted to choose him. 

She looked in the mirror, she looked like herself again. She liked the affects of a man on her. It made her have this weird air about her that she simply really liked. Her eyes twinkled, she sprayed perfume on herself. She took the keys from the bowl on the coffee table, she was off. She was off to see the guy that has haunted her dreams. She was off to finally be honest with herself. 

 

 

When Song Ji Hyo stood in the elevator, she felt her stomach churning. Do I really need to go to bathroom or am I just nervous? She was sure, she was just nervous. The lift finally stopped on his level, really high up, and she stood in front of his door. Should I ring it? Should I not? She contemplates, she walks down the aisle and back again to the lift, and back again to the front of his door. 

Do I look pretty enough?

If he has another girl in there - daebak, I would look like a fool.

What are you saying? Did you lose your balls on your way up. 

How should I do it? 

Should I just ring the bell and as soon as he opens, say I love you?

What if I look like an idiot, what will I do then? 

What should I do, what should I do, what should I do?

And then she thought, it, what if there's a girl in there? She should just tear her hair out out of annoyance. She's not that type of person, but it is enough of a reason. She gave up everything, even in her age, to run to him. He should at least give her the benefit of the doubt. Then she decided to go for it. She rung the bell twice. 

No one was there. 

Ringing it twice. 

No one was there. 

'Noona, what are you doing here?' She got herself a shock, and that made her fall to the ground. 

'Yah, Lee Kwang Soo, you scared me!' She yelled, she felt like her heart was going to jump out of her chest. He had a bag of groceries in her hand, in both of his hands actually. 

He helped her up. 

'Why are you here, noona?' 

She empties , it's now or never, right? Instead, he opens up the door and asked her to come in. His place was no different, she has not been here for a while. He placed the groceries on the counter top, and she looks around. The fan work on the floor, stacks and stacks of fan letters. The artworks, leaning on the wall, still on the floor. The smell of his cologne, lingering in the living room. It seems like he had someone over, there was old food on the coffee table. Everything in his house that made him, him, gave her a soft heaviness in her heart. She didn't know how much she missed this. She missed it, she missed having her around. And for a second there, she merely stood there, watching the whole house. 

'Noona?' He called her. 

'Noona.' He called her again, touching her shoulders. 

She immediately turned. 'Yes.' 

'Do you want something to drink?' He asked. 

'To drink?' 

He nods. 'Yeah, something to drink.' She was simply so out of it. 

Song Ji Hyo nods. 'Water. Can I have some water?' 

He smiles. 'Sure.' He went to the kitchen and poured her some water, straight from the kettle. It was a bit warm, but he thought she needed it somehow. Everybody needs a little bit of warmth, and he noticed that she wore quite thinly actually. He handed the glass to her and she sat down. You can do it, come on. You can do it. 

He was keeping his groceries while Song Ji Hyo was in the middle of the living room, feeling like she was going to have a panic attack. 

I didn't think this through, I'm really stupid, aren't I?

I can't do this, I can't do this. 

But when Kwang Soo was in the room, her worries seemed to slip from her fingers. Slowly seeping in between her fingers, like sand maybe. That's when she knew, there's nobody ever, there's nobody in this world, she would rather be with right now - even if she was as nervous as she was. She looked at Lee Kwang Soo in the middle of the living room, the lanky, kind of shy but still robust man that she liked for three seasons, she was not backing down. It was now or never, she would've chosen him over anyone, and she did.