Slurping Cold Noodles

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

After that incident, it was dinnertime. Lee Kwang Soo hurried home, there was no point in him being there. Song Ji Hyo was the type to rarely change her mind. Once she's set with something, she doesn't change her course easily. She made cold noodles in a chilled broth, to soothe both of their hearts. They ate quietly, you could only hear them slurping noodles and the crunch of kimchi and yellow radish. 

'Your cooking improved, how can I say, drastically?' He says in a sarcastic tone. 

'I haven't been working in a while, Sung Moon-ah, I need to do things to fill up my time. You know I can sew now?' She says, with a broad smile on her face. Song Ji Hyo decided not to let Kwang Soo take up much of her head. She doesn't want to cry. She does cry, sometimes, but oddly it doesn't overpower her too much. 

'When are you going back to work?' He asks. 

'Soon. I'm thinking of signing with a contract soon. Running Man told me to join them again, one of the PDs called me last night.' 

'Should you be doing it again? Kwang Soo's still in it. And he's back from his 'honeymoon' too, I just saw him on TV the day before.' 

I don't think I'll be doing Running Man anymore, I enjoyed it, but I don't think I have the mental stamina to do so anymore.' She says. 'I do have contracts, deals, photoshoots. I'll set those things up with my manager. I need to get back on my feet. I have abandoned so much for that man, and he goes around having all the fun, I don't think so.' 

'Are you fully healed though?' He asked.

'I guess. I have been resting for a while now, Sung Moon-ah, don't you think that's enough?' 

'You know I always have your back, noona, but don't risk your health just to prove that you can be better, alright? Don't let all you have turn to waste?' He says, his voice turns a bit depressed as he said it. She smacks her brother on the back hard.

'What are you talking about?' She places both her hands on her waist. 'This is Song Ji Hyo you're talking about.' She laughed a boisterous fake laugh, it was funny-looking of course. She looks like herself back. The noona that was with Kwang Soo shaped herself so badly, it didn't seem like herself. She turned too feminine, too motherly. Even Sung Moon didn't know whether she was herself or not. Or was she just pretending to be someone she's not, just to keep Kwang Soo in her life? 

But her sister was bright. She was talented, she was adventurous. She didn't belong in Kwang Soo's world, she was committed to build her own. She wanted to start slowly, it wouldn't take long but she needs to be careful. She's glad that Sung Moon's here for her, every step of the way. Maybe it is not bad that he moved to Seoul. Maybe things do happen for a reason. Sung Moon loved her sister a lot. Their ages are not really far apart, and they had a wonderful childhood growing up. She felt like herself again, back to when she got into this mess with Kwang Soo. She was a bit disappointed, but she was not really shocked of the fact that it turned so upside down. 

But even upside down cakes are delicious, there must be a rainbow at the end of the storm.