Facing the Music II

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

Song Ji Hyo woke up early, it seems like she couldn't sleep last night. It was funny, since she was not the type that lost sleep because of something. And sometimes when things overwhelm her, she sleeps longer until she couldn't see the light of day. But instead, she spent all night watching the city from above, as if she was all high and mighty but indeed, she was scared. She has not been in contact with Kwang Soo for a week now, but it seems like she couldn't avoid him any longer. Running Man was now a part of her weekly routine and she couldn't miss it. 

It seems like things has gotten to her. At first, it started as something mere. It was just a one-night stand, everyone has those right? Especially here, since the drinking culture is a bit overwhelming and is sometimes the first thing in our minds. It was just a release. But then, it got hard since it was Kwang Soo. He was just a maknae, someone really goofy but at the same time, you understand why everybody likes him so much. He never stares at you, even if he was caught doing so, he would have smiled at you. He would tell you you're pretty without any notice, and he would have said he liked you if he did, with that stupid, but still cute idiotic smile of his. 

Never thought it would end up like this. 

I don't want to be so smitten by him, she says to herself. But it was inevitable, who wouldn't like him when you get to know him like this. It feels at first he was the one chasing for her, but now she's the one who's doing it. 

Her eyebags got worse, so she hid it under the light-coloured concealer. She decided to ditch the idea of braiding her hair, even if she liked how she looked at it. The first thing to do, was prevention. She lets her hair flow, picked a grey-coloured blouse that she bought online and white pants; she liked how she looked despite how tired she looks. Maybe she could catch some sleep on the way to the filming. She ate a bowl of cereal with frozen strawberries, she couldn't eat anything heavy alone and probably, she had no appetite. 

The doorbell rang and it was her manager. He asked her whether she was ready, and she merely nodded. 

'Are you okay? You look pale.' Her manager asked. 

'I'm okay, just a bit tired. I couldn't sleep last night.' She says as she went into the lift. 

'Something on your mind, you could always tell me.' He says, clicking the B button that leads to the basement floor. 

'I'm okay, I just have a lot in my mind.' When they reached to the car, she immediately slept with shades on, blocking the Sun from her eyes. Her manager looked at her, every time she sleeps wih shades on, she looks like a cat lounging. Such a funny thought, he thought while driving. But this was unlike her, she was always honest with what's on her mind. Probably sometimes, we all lie to get through the day, Song JI Hyo not excluded. 

 

 

The filming went along nicely and she was always at the top of her game. Every time Lee Kwang Soo talked to her, she would just answer incoherently. Don't look at him, don't look at him, don't look at him. It was a two day shoot, and that means they would need to stay overnight. Her manager packed up her bags and she just needed to be there. Running Man has been a part of her life in a very long time, all of the once seemed 'overwhelming' games just felt like a normal day to her. At first, it was tiring and she needed the next day to recoup and rest. But now, it does not take a toll on her in anyway, even if she is half-asleep. 

'Song Ji Hyo!' Yoo Jae Suk calls her, sitting on the chair next to her while she ate. 'You look horrible.' He says. 

'Wow, thanks, oppa.' She answers. 

'I heard from Gary that you called him the other day, quite abnormal for you.' He says. All of the members probably went and took a shower, so she could take her time eating. 

'Yeah, I just needed to talk to somebody.' She answers honestly. 

'Oh.' He says. Then he leans in forward. 'What happened, between you and Kwang Soo?' 

Somehow Ji Hyo almost choked on her kimbap, she was so thrown off by the question. 

'What do you mean, oppa?' She asks, oblivious. 

'It feels like you guys are in a bit of a tension today, and the day is ending - you haven't said  more than 'okay' or 'yes and no' to him.' He says. 

'I don't want to talk about it, oppa.' She says, she takes off her cap and pushes her hair back. 

'So it's heavy.' He says. 'Well, your oppa is here for you if you need him.' When he was ready to leave, Ji Hyo stops him. 

'Oppa.' She says. 'I don't know what to do, I feel like my heart is dying.' She finally starts to be honest about it, he sits back down. She looks like she's about to cry, thank god even the production crew is busy elsewhere. 

'Tell me, what's wrong?' He says, somehow worried. 

'I don't know what to do, oppa. I feel like it's a mistake, I was not supposed to like him this much.' She says, her voice cracking under the whisper, even Yoo Jae Suk is swallowing his own spit. 

'I told you to be careful.' He says. He sighs. 

'I was careful. I was walking on thin ice, but the next thing I know, I'm drowning and I'm craving for his heat. I feel like slowly, without him, I'm losing mysel. Help me, oppa. Tell me what to do, and I'll do it.' She says, somehow it sounds like a plead more than a complain. Yoo Jae Suk thought of panicking, but it is not something she needs right now. 

'You only have two choices, Ji Hyo-ya. It's either you pull yourself out of the water and stand alone, or you drown with him and pray he'll save you. Because right now, you're in love with him. It's not merely just like anymore, if you merely liked him, you wouldn't have felt like crying.' He says. And Ji Hyo knew he was right, it's either to eat the sword; or pull it out.