The Housewarming Party II: Flashback

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hey guys, it's me again. This time, I hope I did not take too long to update. I'm starting a new semester next week, so maybe I'll update a lot more than. You know what, the same day I posted 'The Housewarming Party I', my mother actually died as soon as I left the cyber cafe. Isn't that something else? I kind of miss her though. It's been more than a week since she left. 

So, please, subscribe, upvote and most of all, comment! I would love to hear from you guys again. And I heard that @WinterPayne is a new reader, so I hope you enjoy the fanfic so far. Much love xox

 

Why does it feel like I am missing something? Song Ji Hyo was puzzled. Listening to Gary's words, even if she didn't want a fight, she wanted to know why was he so pissed. She was watching the whole room, Gary was just busy with Kim Jong Kook, they're probably just making small talk. Without even thinking, she approached Gary. She was left with almost no choice at all. It's either fight for the truth, or merely die ignorant. She was not aiming for the latter. 

'Oppa, we need to talk.' Song Ji Hyo speaks. Gary sighs. 

'We're done talking, Ji Hyo-ah.' 

Jong Kook excuses himself and Ji Hyo tugs onto Gary's shirt. 'I'm not going anywhere until you tell me.' Song Ji Hyo threatens. 

'Tell you what, Ji Hyo-ah? You're making a big deal out of things. This is your party, have fun. I was just messing with you.' Gary says, lying. He just wanted her to drop it. 

'It doesn't sound like a joke to me.' She says. He sighs. 

'Let's talk outside, Ji Hyo.' He says, finally she lets go. She told Kwang Soo that she needed a minute with Gary, she told him to hold down the fort for her. He nodded, with a smile. He was curious, of course, but he trusted her enough to merely smile, and to put faith on her. Gary was already outside, she closed the door behind her. 'What do you want to know, Ji Hyo?' He said. 

'I want to know why you're giving me crap for being with Kwang Soo? Why do you have that look on your face, even when I told you guys that we were dating?' I started asking. 

'Because, you're elusive, Ji Hyo,' he sighs again. 'You can't make up your mind, you think the only judgment that is right is when it's yours. Have you ever thought about what Kwang Soo went through?' He asked her. She leaned on the wall. 

'What do you mean, what Kwang Soo went through? What do you know?' She banters him with questions. 

'You know that day, when you held the dinner party? The one you had because your brother's in town?' He asked, she nods. 'Dong Wook-ssi was there too, right? And you dated him after that, right?' He asked. She nodded. 'That night, we took your brother out to get wasted. Jong Kook-hyung, Seong-hee, Kwang Soo and I, we went to drink soju. Your brother is great fun actually, he might be a better drinker than you.' 

Song Ji Hyo smiles at the thought. 

'But Kwang Soo was mopey. He was sad, heart broken. It was heart breaking what happened next -' 

 

 

The light was dim and the whole store was filled with only them. It was already late, and it was not even a weekend. They sat around each other, asking for more bottles. Empty glasses of beer, Seong Hee was already passed out with his Jong Kook-hyung. Gary and Kwang Soo was the only one still not drunk enough to pass out. Gary pours him another drink. 'Hyung, I have work tomorrow.' Kwang Soo says, Gary laughs. 

'You have work in the afternoon, you have enough time to tend your morning hangover.' He says, coaxing him to drink more. Kwang Soo took the glass of mixed beer and soju, took a sip on one shot. 'What's on your mind, Lee Kwang Soo, what are you not telling your hyung?' He says. 'Why do you look like tonight?' 

Kwang Soo's eyelids were heavy, so heavy but he still managed to keep it open. Kwang Soo, drank like a champ. 'If I tell you, hyung, you would hate me.' 

'You're my maknae, how could I hate you?' Gary says. 

'You would hate me.. because I'm  in love with Song Ji Hyo.' He buries his face on his hand, why did he get so drunk? Even so, he was drinking every single drop that his hyung poured for him. Gary did not say anything. Of course he was pissed, but his time with Song Ji Hyo was up. They were too close to each other to become something more than that. 'But she doesn't feel the same way, of course, why would she? She deserves a lot more. She deserves someone older, someone gentler, someone that would give everything to be with her. What could I have given her? Lesser than nothing.' He laughed at himself, but Gary was still listening. 

'I was actually confident. Maybe, maybe this time, maybe this time she'll choose me. Maybe this time, her eyes will be on me. Maybe this time, she'll like me.' His tears started to flow. It was the first time Gary had ever seen him cry for a girl. 

'Did she choose you this time?' 

Kwang Soo pathetically smiled. 'No, noona chose him. They were kissing at the party. If they date, hyung, what will I do? Should I just stand around and merely accept it? Hyung, I can't do that.' He took another big gulp of this time, beer. 'I would have given her anything. But why would she do this to me? I thought she was going to feel the same way too. How can I move on, how can I move on from someone like her?' 

'If she leaves him, and by then she wanted you, would you say yes?' 

Softly, he nods. 'No type of love could sum up to her. So yes, if she leaves him, and she'd want me, I'd say yes.'