The Press Release

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

Song Ji Hyo and Lee Dong Wook call it quits after 3 months!

Tabloids, she sighed as she read the celebrity magazine and the picture of Dong Wook and her on a broken heart. She thought, it was not worth trying to conceal everything, they have long gone passed that. A media conference was held, and she dressed as appropriately as she could. Lee Dong Wook was standing on the table next to her, when their eyes met, he waved at her. Simply, Dong Wook was a nice guy, and was a friend first before they were dating. He had been with her for a very long time, and before people could make assumptions from their break up, she should make it clear first out of courtesy. 

'Lee Dong Wook and I have been friends for a very long time, and it seems like we are better suited that way. But I care about Dong Wook, and its better to stay apart rather than destroy years-worth of friendship. I hope that our fans and also the public and the media could understand our decision to break up, and I could say that I have never met a man as honest, and as kind as Lee Dong Wook. We have tried our hardest to uphold the relationship, but it seems like things are just not meant to be. Thank you,' Song Ji Hyo released her statement as eloquent as possible. Her eyes were always shifted to Dong Wook, who was sitting silently - watching her so obediently. 

Camera's were flashing and the shutters hurt her eyes. But this was just something she needed to brace herself for to uphold her career. These lighs, she said to herself, are sickening.

It was time for Dong Wook to make a statement. He was not reading from a paper, and that meant that he wanted to say something from his heart. People liked Dong Wook. He is likable, understanding and simply looks good on camera - nobody can deny that about him. He was simply just a really nice guy, from a kind and loving family. Even both their mothers rooted them from being together, though they expected that it would end with a marriage, but it seems like things are just not the way it is supposed to be. 

'It seems like Song Ji Hyo and I have broken up. This happened a few weeks ago, and only know have we launched this statement. I'm not going to explain why, but what I could tell you is that Song Ji Hyo has made me the happiest man alive. The three months were brief, but still, I had the time of my life. I still do love her, of course I do, who wouldn't be?' Some people from the press laughed. 'But we have differences that we could not solve, feelings that did not reach each other. I don't hate her at all, no, not at all. If she is willing to start this all over again, then I would have said yes in a heart beat. but right now, it's time for us to be apart. I hope all of you understand, and thank you for making time for us today. Have a good day everybody.' He said, and finally the press conference she hated ended. Since she's not from any entertainment company to release a statement for her, this was oddly a very retro thing to do and Lee Dong Wook gracefully agreed to it. It was not such a surprise, he has been supportive along the way and they still text each other. 

Outside, he met her and she gave him a hug. 'How have you been?' She asked. 

'I've been fine, I miss you though.' He answers.

'Thank you, seriously, thank you for doing this for me.' She says. 

'Are you happy?' He asked. 

They both finally lets go of each other. 'I'm happy.' She answers in honesty. To be honest, she has never been more happy than she has been now. All of the things that made her happy usually lasted her only a second of happiness, but right now, she was happy to be with Lee Kwang Soo. Of course, she did feel a bit of a shame that she needed to let Dong Wook go. But rather than being in a relationship that will surely end a lot of worse if it kept stringing along, she thought that she made a good decision. 

'Let's go for lunch, maybe soon. We can go for stew again, and minus the crying?' He says. She smiles at him. 

'That sounds nice, really nice.' 

'I'm going.' He waived as he left, he was surely the boy next door. She does not know if she's going to regret it later in life, but right now, she felt sorry but she's not regretting any of it.