Puzzled

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

Song Ji Hyo got ready for her interview later. She wore simply, knowing that the interviewer would set up clothes for her to wear. But she needed to give a strong, lasting impression on herself. In this business, she needs to be as professional as anybody else in the industry. She wore a simple dress that enunciated her curves, of course with black tights underneath since it was still so windy. She placed her hair up, simply but still the hint of elegance was there. She threw in a simple make up; some contouring, applied a bit of mascara and lipstick - she was done. She would never wear so much make up on her own, probably she doesn't have the art for it. She makes herself a light lunch before leaving; bibimbap after sticking everything from the fridge including her mom's kimchi tightly sealed. Her hearty meal made her completely satisfied with the day.

She drove to the interview herself, with shades hoping that the tabloid journalists would not get her before the article actually comes out. Her manager comes and greet her on the front entrance. 'You're early.' He says casually before they met the stylist for hair and make-up. 

'I had time on my hands.' She says lightly. 

'I hope this continues, you don't even know half of the things people are talking about.' He says, until he ushered her into the changing room. From the Queen in the Frozen Flower to the cautious, bright girl from the Ex-Girlfriend Club; she preferred her shoots to be simple and bubbly - the kind of image that she wants to circulate around her. At first, she didn't care of what people thought of her. She took roles that she wanted to do, and the roles that was interested to her. After her debut, she took almost everything that was handed to her. CFs, films, and maybe dramas, she didn't care. Then, Running Man came to her doorstep and to find herself five years in; it was almost like a dream. 

She was happy doing Running Man. She could still take a few years out of it. She wanted to, since she was working with such good people. Good PDs to good casts - and the fans are really exhilarating. She liked that Running Man has given this wonderful effect on her. She was no longer the shy actress from Pohang, she felt like she belonged to something. She was no longer labelled by her scene in Frozen Flower, or the ambitious ballerina from the Princess Hours. She was part of a show that she enjoyed; that kept her active and in touch with the fan base also. Everything about Running Man would have been a shame for it to end. 

Running Man introduced her to Kwang Soo also. And she is grateful for it, more grateful now than ever that she felt home whenever he's with her. 

The interview went successfully, and they have gotten good pictures also. They said that she was one of the easiest celebrities to work with, and she took it as a compliment. While cleaning up, she checked her messages. 

Jong Suk: Noona, are you busy? 

It was sent a few couple of minutes ago, probably she was busy talking that she didn't realize it was there. 

Just finished with an interview. What's up, Jong Suk-ah?

After about a minute, he answered. 

Lee Jong Suk: Wondered if you wanted to grab dinner with me. 

Me: Where?

Lee Jong Suk: I'll send you the place on Maps. 

Almost immediately, she got the venue. Jong Suk was not the type of guy who would just sit around and answer after a few minutes. Well, he did like her, probably that's why he never hesitated. It took her almost an hour to get there since the traffic was so bad. She called him, and he told her she could wait. When she was trying to park her car, she got rained on. Somehow she was not feeling so happy about today right then. He waved at her when she told the maitre'd her name. 'Noona!' She heard Jong Suk say, he was already seated. The maitre'd followed her, and she was handed a towel by a waiter. Wow, real posh, she says to herself. 

It was a nice French restaurant. Since she cooked a lot at home, going to restaurant aren't her thing anymore since it costed so much money. It's not that she finds it too expensive, she could afford it of course, but she liked Korean food the most than any other cuisine in the world. She's a bit strict when it comes to food, and she wants what she likes. She takes a look at the menu, when the waiter came back to take their order; she ordered the onion soup as an appetizer, and brocolli and zuchinni au gratin for the main. 'Dessert?' Jong Suk asked. 'The claffouti here is wonderful.'

She only smiled. 'After we eat. I don't want to waste food I can't finish.' She says, humbly. 

He answered her smile with a nod. 'That's all.' He said to the waiter. He nodded and left. He came back with complimentary wine, which made it kind of impossible to say no. The restaurant was exquisite but she kept thinking about home while she was there. Isn't it nice to go out with a nice handsome guy, eat in a really expensive restaurant? She asks herself. 

Why does she feel so restless about it. Like something's going to happen.  

Is it guilt? 

She doesn't really know. 

Jong Suk is a nice guy, of course, but why does it feel so different now? It has not been that long when they first went out on their date. And she really did like Jong Suk, she felt like he tried hard and really was polite. A bit shy, also. But why doesn't he feel like he did? Why does she feel a pit in her stomach? Her thoughts has lead her into her second glass of wine. 

'Noona, I think you should cool it. Are you okay, is there something in your mind?' He asked, somehow worried. She was not like herself today. It feels like something is taken a toll on her. 'I'll just take this away from you, noona.' He says politely, with the bright smile that he has. 

'I'm sorry, Jong Suk-ah.' She says, 'I just don't feel like myself. Probably since I was rained on.' She says. He took his napkin, and went to her side; he wrapped the large clean napkin all over her hair. 

'You're going to catch a cold.' He says. Heartfelt, she thinks, every time he looks into her eyes. She just smiled, it's nice being treated like a little kid. 

But it didn't feel the same. 

It didn't feel like the same thing she felt before. 

She felt like she wanted to go home.