How Did We Get Here?

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Yes, the story is finally starting. 

 

Song Ji Hyo kept it in until the photoshoot comes to an end. But the images in her head weren't going away. Kwang Soo couldn't tend for her, since he had an interview with Entertainment Weekly next. Song Ji Hyo wanted to shovel herself a hole, and bury herself in it. Everything about Nana made her feel insecure, she couldn't blame anyone but herself. Why did I non-chalantly agree to this? Nana looks perfect, almost too perfect. Angled, sharp jaw and pink, thin lips. She looks like a ing doll, what do I have? The director was putting on a few finishing touches on the shots, and she just observed him while her head is in a whirlwind. 

She could hear Kwang Soo and Nana laughing in a short distance. Kwang Soo with a cool shirt and three-quarter pants that looked like shorts because of his long legs. Nana, with the short green emeral dress that sparkled since her skin was white. Insecurities are devils every time it comes to her. They were compatible, she wondered whether if Kwang Soo and her stood next to each other, would they look as suited for each other as they do? Even the light between them were bright and cheerful, it was almost sickening. Sometimes Song Ji Hyo would forget how attractive Kwang Soo was, since appearances never really mattered to her. But looking at them both, the dongsaeng that she knew from Running Man started to dissipate. Since she didn't want to feel sad, she started criticizing Kwang Soo instead to calm herself down. 

Idiot, why are you clapping in front of your face? 

It's probably because you're hands are too long. 

Why won't you clap like the rest of us?

You and your idiotic long hands. 

ing long fingers. 

And how nice it looks. 

And how warm it is. 

Ah , she says, when she found herself complimenting him instead. Okay, let's try it again. 

You and your idiotic laugh. 

Your cheeks are covering your eyes. 

Wait, they cover mine too when I'm laughing. 

Forget it. 

Well, your laugh is still stupid. 

You look like a child. 

He looks cute. 

Damnit! She cursed herself. She found herself laughing from her inner thoughts. Kwang Soo looks the best when he's calm, everybody knows that. He has this aura around him, somethng that she sometimes fail to realize. His hair simply parted and styled, he looked clean and handsome. Since she has an acquired taste in men, she found that somehow attractive. There was a lot of things she didn't like about Kwang Soo, but all of those alleged 'flaws' turned into something she liked instead. How politely he sits down, with his foot tucking behind his other foot. How sometimes he would close his mouth whenever he says something funny, which oddly at first, thought that he looked like he's a girl. There, look at him, sitting politely that even Nana looks like a man sitting next to him. 

And look at him, pretending to be shy whenever he talks about his behaviour on Running Man. Ya, Kwang Soo, what kind of facade are you showing?

But Song Ji Hyo knew, she knew how Kwang Soo was. That everything he does, makes him him. It makes Kwang Soo the adorable, loving guy that he is. Unafraid to show kindness to anyone, even Nana. 

Then she thought, is she the only one?

The one thought that she didn't like to think about, it comes. She didn't like to think badly about the people that she likes, Kwang Soo included. But Kwang Soo is already kind in character, She thought of a million things. Then she had a sudden urge to leave. It was almost one. She could get some fried chicken and get herself some Pepsi. It would be weird to drink soju in bright day light, but it's not particularly weird for her. Song Ji Hyo does like her soju, that has made her in this kind of situation. 

How did I get myself here? She asks herself. Why do I keep getting strung along?

Her eyes fixated on him, this isn't what she wanted. She's in too deep, now she feels like she's drowning. Any minute, she's going to lose air. 

And the next thing she knew, her legs were out the door.