Nothing Lasts

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

Day by day, they were getting horrifyingly closer. But he liked it that way, he liked that once, there was so far away - indigenously near but still so far away, but right now, his noona is there in front of him, watching TV as he went out of the shower. He noticed how the changes were becoming, how she was being so protective, so addicted to him that sometimes, it would take a few days for her to leave. She would never skip out on work, of course, but when she had none, she would lazily curl up next to him - his hand under her shirt, making circles on her . And she would cook, and they would eat - sometimes silently just filling the room with the longing that they have been waiting out.

It seems like there was a healthy glow on Song Ji Hyo these days, and people have been pointing it out. But nobody knew, that he was making her happy and he was the one who made her glow like the sun. And he took pride on the fact that he helped her get back on the way she is right now. The sombre Ji Hyo got replaced with a chirpier, happier, ier one; and Lee Kwang Soo thought; how lucky of a man he could have been to have her right now. 

But somehow, he kind of felt a bit, sad about it. That this, could not be permanent. 

'Kwang Soo-ya?' She called him as he only stood there, staring at her. 

'Yes, noona.' 

'Why are you looking at me like that?' She says, laughing. 

'Nothing.' He goes on, and sat on the sofa. 

'What do you mean nothing? Surely there's something bothering you.' 

'Noona..' 

She rests her head on his lap, and takes his harm - she closes it onto her eyes. 'Let's just pretend I'm not here, so I can hear your worries.' She says. 

'Noona.'

'Lee Kwang Soo, I am not here!' She says. 

He chuckles. 'I'm just thinking about nothing lasts, noona.' 

She takes his hand off her eyes. 'What do you mean by that?' 

'I mean, I don't know, I just think that feelings change.' 

'Is this me? Are you talking about my feelings or yours?' 

'Either. What if you change your mind, one day? What if I can't move on, but you can? Nothing lasts, not me; and not even you.' He says, sombrely. She thought, isn't he happy? Isn't this enough? I thought these are the thoughts that girls should have, why would he waste time and think about these kind of bull? 

'You don't trust me?' She asks, quietly. He doesn't answer. She laughs, 'you don't trust me. You don't trust me that my feelings wouldn't change.' She asks. 

'I'm not saying that, noona.' 

'This is exactly what you're saying, Kwang Soo.' She says, standing. She merely looked at him, she wants to storm off, but still she wants to stay. But the idea, that he is second-guessing her, hurts her - to the point that she felt like breaking down. So instead of storming off, she only looks at him. 'I came here, specifically for you, and you're telling me that you're not sure?' 

Abruptly, Lee Kwang Soo pulled her in. From standing, she flopped onto him like a piece of pancake on a stove pan. Handling her in his arms, he took the liberty to turn her, and he was on top of her. 

'Noona, listen to me; I'm just telling you that nothing lasts - don't make conclusions by yourself that you leave me utterlessly mute. I'm not telling you that, I wanted to tell you, that I think, I don't want anything to change right now. I feel like, even if I tell you nothing lasts, sometimes, it can be changed into good things.' He says. 

'You're an , you know that.' She says, well, his noona is famous for her vulgarities. 

'Why would I be?'

'You say the scariest things sometimes.' 

'And you react in the worst ways sometimes, so touche, noona.' He says, smiling at her. Twinkling eyes, reflected from the sunlight outside, Song Ji Hyo thought, she wouldn't trade this at all for anything, not possesions, not money - not anything. His fingers are runnng through her hair, slowly he leans, he's kissing her shoulders. 

'The bets are still on the table, noona, if you want me to leave, then I'll leave. If you want me to get lost, tell me.' 

'Why would I want that?' 

'To remind me that, in the future, you wouldn't be disappointed in me, and how hard it is for me to get you here.' He says. And she looked at him, what kind of person was she, that made him think about things like this?

What have I turned himself into? That made him so self-concious that I would want to leave?

'Were you in pain?' She was getting teary-eyed, of course she would be. 

'Right now?' 

She shook her head. 'No, when I left, when I chose Dong Wook, were you in pain?' Somehow Kwang Soo just didn't feel like answering the question. 'Lee Kwang Soo, answer me.' She says. 

'I'm not now, and that is enough for you to know, noona.' 

She pulled him in, instead of kisses, she gave him a hug. No centimetres apart from there, their bodies pressed against each other. 'Don't get her Kwang Soo, not for girls like me.'