Grocery Shopping

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

The next day, she went and made a simple breakfast for Seonghee who was still sleeping and got ready for the barbecue. She dressed lightly for the grocers, simple denim shorts, a tee that says 'Halyang' on it. She ties her hair up on a pony tail and wears a snapback. Tennis shoes will be enough, it's only a few blocks away but she's using her car anyways. When she was ready to leave, her brother was up. 

'Where are you going noona?' Seonghee asks with bed hair.

'Grocers. Your hyungs will be here tonight, and I don't have enough food for people to eat.' 

'Oh, so it's on?' He asks, scratching the back of his head. 

'Seems so. Breakfast's on the counter.' 

'Noona,' He looks at her and walks towards her. 'Noona, jjang.' He kisses her cheeks. 

'You know you smell like saliva, right? Go take a shower. The towel's on the racks, just take on.' 

He merely smiles cutely. 

'Ooh, gwiyeon. Ah, you only love me when I'm useful. Seong-hee, noona kaike.' She says, opening the front door. 

'Yeah, be safe, noona.' 

She liked that someone would say that when she left the house. It feels like she's not lonely anymore. She had shades on to block the Sun, but she prays nobody would approach her as she did her grocery. She went to iCoop, a grocery store that sells really organic food that is growing in Korea. It's really nice though, a bit pricier, but it's kind of worth it. Money is not an object for her anyways. It's not like her brother is here everyday, so why not splurge. 

She wondered what she should buy. Meat, that's a must. Bacon and sausages too. She wonders what she should cook as a main dish besides the meat. She needs lettuce too. And garlic. Lots of them. She got quite a lot, her trolley was getting heavier and heavier. Some people did recognize her, but they merely bowed so that they didn't interrupt her shopping. But if someone were to take a picture of her secretly and post it online, it means that that papparazis will be here, and pictures will be taken. And she didn't want that. Not with this much groceries. 

She took her paid groceries back to her car, but stops midway and got herself some iced americano. She drank it lightly while she pushed her cart to the basement. She realizes she forgot beer, well, that's a bit weird not to have a party without alcohol though. But she assured herself that she's not going to drink, not when she knows that there are going to be mistakes along the way. She could make mistakes in front of people she's closed to, but not family. She doesn't want them to know that she's changed somewhat. 

She got a message from Gary after she started the car engine. 

Gaelli: I think I can make it tonight. Get more food for me. 

Song Ji Hyo smiles reading his message. 

SJH: Got plenty of food for everyone, don't worry oppa.

Gaelli: At 8, right?

SJH: At 8. 

SJH: Oppa, I forgot beer and soju, can u get me some? I left the store, I'm so lazy to stop somewhere else. 

Gaelli: Anything for you, Jihyo-ya. I'll come at 7 so I can set stuff up for you. 

SJH: Thanks oppa, you're great. 

Song Ji Hyo went back and asked his brother to set up the stuff for the barbecue. She needed to start cooking though, so she can go on with other things throughout the day. 'Noona, isn't it too early for us to set this up?' 

'I don't know how long it will take to assemble it, and this noona is helpless as well. Don't do it if it's too early for you, your Gary-hyung is going to be here prior.' She says. 

'I have always liked Gary.' He utters as he sits on the counter. 'Why won't you date him, noona? He's nice, isn't he? It would be satisfying for fans though, since you are apart of the Monday Couple. At first, I thought you guys really had a thing.' He says as he pours a bowl of cereal for himself. Guys really do have it good. They can eat as much as they won't, but still won't get any fatter. 

'Well, it's whats feeding you and mom and dad and your little sister as well. Don't ask, just eat.' She says. For the grilling, she got pork and beef, and some pork belly for those who wanted samgyepsal. She likes meat, and everybody knows it. She likes getting drunk at barbecue parties too. But this time, she couldn't. Who knows what she would expose later. 

She prepared the ingredients for chicken and stew, and that means thawing the chicken and chopping all the vegetables. It should be easy enough to cook later, since it wouldn't take long. And she has ramen too, and she knows how Yoo Jae Suk likes his ramen. 

She functioning well today but it feels like she is trying a bit too hard - as if she needs to prove something. She thought maybe, there's someone she wants to show for?

Impossible. 

She eliminates the thoughts to the back of her mind. It's not the time for her to think of silly things. She preps the things, and spends the day doing chores and playing games with her brother, like old times. 

In no time, it's show time.