Burning Fever, Faint Darkness

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hey guys, it's your author. It's a bit of a really sombre chapter, so brace yourself. A bit overwhelmed since I broke up with my boyfriend. He is always my reference, so it's going to be a bit hard to write. But even so, I write best when I'm sad. Well, please do this author a favor and vote, subscribe and comment to soote my broken heart. Much love xox

 

Kwang Soo left the party earlier than anybody else. They were all devastated since they liked him there. Well, he was charming and funny - everything to be liked about, but he lied that he was not feeling well, he wondered whether if it's a lie or wasn't. He found himself contemplating, he has a lot in his mind. When he came back, he found someone familliar waiting at his doorstep. 

'Noona, what are you doing here?' He asked her, who was squatting on his door. Song Ji Hyo, would have never done that for anyone, would she. Her eyes were red, she rose her head to face him. 

'Kwang Soo-ya.' She buried herself into him, forcing him to to hold her. Well he did, of course, since he's that person. 

'I don't want for you to be mad at me.' She says, with the most devastating, sad voice in the whole world. He just held her, selfishly, he wished that she was all his. 'I really don't want you to be mad at me.' She says. 

'I'm not angry, noona.' He says, his calm voice soothed her. 'Let's just go inside, okay?' He says. Somehow as they walked in, he realized how warm she was, and then he realized as soon as he took off his shoes. She was running a fever. Hurriedly, he took her inside and sat her on the sofa. She was about to pass out. He crouched in front of her. 'Noona, are you sick?' He asked, while touching her forehead. She was heating up. 

'No.' She merely said, lying. 

'Are you kidding me?' He says. 

'Kwang Soo-ya..' She called him, her eyes were already closed. 

'What is it, noona?' He asked, while holding her hand. 

'Hold me.' She merely said. 

'Okay.' He says, he really couldn't be mad at her. He took off her socks, and her cardigan. He carried her to his room, and slid her under the sheets tightly so the fever would trap in her. She would feel warm afterwards, but she would be asleep so it wouldn't even matter. He rushed to the kitchen, got her a couple of tablets for paracetamol and asked her to swallow, with a glass of water of course. She was almost half-asleep, barely listening to him. 'Noona, noona.' He called her. 

'Mh-hm?' 

'How did you get sick?' He asked. 

'I ran from the interview to my car, it was raining. I ran again from my car to the restaurant, probably it was just bad rain.' She says. He sighs, how could you be so reckless, noona? It was probably cold out too. He was ready to stand up, but she caught his hand. 'Don't leave me.' She whispers under the building fever. 

'I'm not going anywhere, noona.' He says, touching her cheeks with his slim fingers. She finally lets go and he went to the bathroom and got a small towel. He soaked it with cold water and came back to the bedroom, and placed it on her forehead. She looked innocent whenever she's sleeping. She wasn't talking, she left unmoved. Sowly she drifted into sleep. She talked in her sleep, calling his name. He thought probably it was from the fever, and he was the last person he saw before she went to bed. He went back to the kitchen, since he didn't have much to eat in the restaurant. He made himself a simple omelette with cheese, and some sausages - breakfast food that Ji Hyo bought for him in bulk. Somehow it made him think about her more, leaving him restless. He ate quietly, not even turning on the TV afraid that it would bother her. He checked his emails, then realized that she was calling for him.

'Kwang Soo-ya?' She asked for him, a bit groggy probably half-asleep. 

'Noona?' 

She pushed herself, making sure that she was in the inner part of the bed. 'Can you please just stay with me?' She asked. 

He shook his head. 

'Why?' 

'Because I don't know what I'll do to you.' He answers firmly.

'Be a man and just stay with me, I need it.' She says, seems like she wasn't half asleep at all. But she was still a bit groggy though, Kwang Soo thought probably she's not even going to remember in the morning when the feer subdues. He decided to change first, since it was night time already. He wore the black shirt his noona used to wear, somehow got a sense of pride out of it. He puts in a pair of long pajama pants. Finally he closed the lights, leaving the bedside lamp on. He took precautions, making sure that he wasn't too close to her. But she closes into the gap, and sat her head on his chest. She could feel his breathing. and she couldn't ignore how warm he was. It didn't feel too good though because of her burning fever. But she left herself there regardless, it was calming. 

'I like you, Kwang Soo-ya.' She says. Somehow she could hear that his heart was thumping loudly. 

'It doesn't count, you're not yourself.' He says, in the faint darkness. 

'I like you right now, at this moment. And I'm not really sure i'm going to change my mind either.' She says, her voice crisp and clear.

'Don't force me to stay, noona, I'm not going anywhere.' He held her closer, and it was almost suffocating - but it's the good kind. The kind that's going to fix your heart and old wounds. Could she have ever imagined that Kwang Soo, a dongsaeng that she knows all to well can make her feel like she has the whole world in her hands? Not a chance.

'I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, Kwang Soo-ya.' She says, quietly. 

'It's a pleasure, really, might as well be you. If it's you, I don't mind, noona.' He says. 

'Can you tell me why you like me, Kwang Soo, until I fall asleep?' 

'Well, a number of reasons really. You're strong, and you're beautiful. It's not really hard to love someone like you. You ask for nothing, and you accept anything you deserve. Every time I look at you, my day is bright like the sky. You're nothing but trouble sometimes, but it's okay, since it's you. I could see no one but you sometimes, that's how brightly you shone. You're kind and you're considerate; you look cute even when you cry. I like looking at you sleep, its as if nothing can ever hurt you -' He went on and on, up until she fell asleep. In the room that is illuminated by the faint light, he could feel as if they were the two people in the world. And every sound from the roads downstairs are like white noise. Lee Kwang Soo stared at his sleeping noona, he notices - he has never loved someone more than he loves her now.