Beer, Chips and Lee Jin Wook

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hey guys, it's me. I reread the fanfic, and I think it's going great but I need to explain a few things. Sometimes, when I write, I tend to mix up his and her, sometimes. Well, a lot of times now that I have checked. This is because my first language doesn't have gender specification in a second person point of view. So I need you to be patient, and please, just assume for yourself what I mean. I guess that's what you guys've been doing for the past 60 chapters though, so I just wanted to clear that out. I wanted to edit them all, but it seems like even if I do, I'll miss some of them so I'll try to be more precise in the future. Please, vote, subscribe and most of all comment. I just wanted to clear the s/he thing so you guys wouldn't think I'm an idiot. Much love xox

 

Song Ji Hyo came back from work, and found that her apartment is no longer vacant every time she's home. She felt somehow bothered by it, but still, in a nice way. They weren't living with each other, but still, he comes by more often than used to. And it was okay, since people has this ability to share, even a small space with other people or maybe even animals; like cats or dogs. And she was dating him, and she knew what it meant. She likes his company anyways, it makes her feel less alone and she feels like things are fuller when he's around. 

When she opened her front door, she was greeted by actor Lee Jin Wook, who was close to Dong Wook. He was sitting in the couch, with Dong Wook watching the sports channel. As soon as she opens her door, Lee Jin Wook stood and greeted her. 

'Oh. Lee Jin Wook-ssi.' She says and bows. She would meet him in parties and social gatherings he goes to with Dong Wook, but never thought that she would meet him in her home. 'Annyeong haseyo.' He bows with her. 

'I'm sorry if I came to your apartment, Song Ji Hyo-ssi.' He says, kind of embarrassed. 

'No, it's okay. Please, make yourself at home.' She came back with a handful of groceries. Dong Wook stood and helped. 

'Ji Hyo-ssi, are we the same age?' Jin Wook asks. 

'What year were you born in?' She asks. 

'81.' He says. 

'Then yes, we're the same age.' 

Lee Jin Wook sat on the kitchen counter, probably he wanted to talk to her any further. 

'Can we drop honorifics?' 

Lee Dong Wook cuts into their conversation and starts to load the grocery. 'Yo, it's my girlfriend you're talking to. Get your own.' He says. 

'We met each other a few times, right, Ji Hyo-ssi.' Lee Jin Wook continues to talk to her. She merely laughs. 

'We could drop honorifics, of course. Please, Jin Wook-ah, help yourself to anything you want, You guys were watching a game, right? That wouldn't be any fun without alcohol.' Song Ji Hyo says. Done loading the groceries, she needed to take a shower. It was a long day, she had a covershoot and an interview at KBS. She was never really bothered by guests, since her family was all like that. If there was an instance that either his family would feed themselves or their guest, their guest should be the priority. She took out the chilled Asahi canned beers, and took out the chips she stashed away inside her pantry. She filled it in a bowl, and placed it on the coffee table in front of them. 

'I'm going to go inside. So boys, enjoy.' She says, and she goes out. 

Lee Jin Wook stares at his friend. 'Your girlfriend's hella cool.' 

Dong Wook takes the bowl in front of him and pops a chip into his mouth. 'Don't I know it?' 

 

 

Song Ji Hyo took a shower and dressed lightly. A pair of old blue jeans and a 'Halyang' white tee that Gary gave her. She laid down on her bed, trying hard not to sleep. You can't sleep, you'll ruin your sleeping pattern. She says to herself. She checks her phone, posted a few photos from earlier today on Weibo. Compared to the cast, she's not really into the social media thing but sometimes it is fun. She dropped her phone on her face when Dong Wook startled her by opening the bedroom door. 

'Damn it.' She curses, as she rubs her nose. 

'I'm sorry.' He says, as he closes the door behind him. He checks her nose, and sits on the edge of the bed. 

'What are you doing in here? We have guests.' She says. Well, hospitality is number one. 

'I'm sorry for inviting Jin Wookie here without telling you.' He says. 'I was about to text you, but you were already at the front door.' He says. She merely smiled.  

'Nah, I'm okay. I'm used to guests, since my parents were both are a 'people-person'.' She made air-quotes as she talks. 'We're dating, you should be comfortable here. And when he's here, that means that you're comfortable here to bring people around - and that makes me happy. So, if you want to hang out with friends, I would be more comfortable if you bring them here instead of god-knows-where.' She says, simply, and resting her back to the bed post. 

'Are you sure?' 

'Super sure.' She says. 

He kisses her cheek. 'Aren't you joining us?' He asked. 

'I will, since I need to cook dinner. Is he staying over for dinner?' She asks. 

'Can he?' 

'Why not, the more the merrier.' 

He smiles, and she did too. 'I'll ask.' 

Somehow, her feelings haven't developed as much as she hoped. Her mind is drifting, but she thought, if, just if, she channels her attention into her relationship instead of Lee Kwang Soo, probably, the chances are likely that she'll slowly forget him. She wanted this to work, and she's not getting any younger. Her mother is asking too much things about her getting older and she's not married yet. But what she wanted to do is doing it for the right reasons. Well, she got into this relationship isn't actually for the right reasons though. But she wanted to work for it. The feeling that she disliked from Kwang Soo was that she was easily swayed and she couldn't control her emotions. It was like being in a rollercoaster ride. Always - constantly on a high but sometimes the sight is too scary for you to open your eyes. 

But Dong Wook is different. Being with him feels familliar - sometimes too familliar but she's okay with the fact. She's okay, since she could handle the product that changes her in the relationship. She could still control her feelings, so that she doesn't be too invested that she would get hurt nor isn't too uniterested that she would want her to go away. 

This was enough. 

It was enough for her. 

But why I am still searching your account on Weibo to see how you're doing, Kwang Soo-ya.

When she realized what she was doing mindlessly, she throws her phone to her side and charged it. She's the kind of person who would never play with theirs phones while it's charging. She came back outside while tying her hair up in a bun. She greeted Jin Wook again well, and took out the chicken to dethaw. 

'Jin Wook-ssi - oh, I mean, Jin Wook-ah, are you staying over for dinner?' She asked. 

'Uh. Yes? Are you the one cooking?' 

She nods. 

'Then I'm definitely staying.' 

Since she was cooking everyday because Dong Wook would stay over and he would do the dishes (this is really important since she didn't like to do the dishes), she became really good at it. She was smart, and she could easily pick up a new skill but she was quite proud of what she became. And her mom find out from Seong-hee that she prepared the cooking for her own barbecue party, her omma was proud of her. 

'Ji Hyo, what are you cooking?' He asked her from the living room. 

'Seafood stew. We went to the market the other day. Jin Wook-ah, do you eat ramyun?' 

'I really like ramyun.' He merely said.

'Then, we're having ramyun and rice then.' 

It was easy, since she got all of the basic skill under control. Her knife skills developed, and she became familliar with how the dish would look like as it progresses. She realizes at the end of the day that if you want to cook, you need to have very good common sense. And that had helped her make even first-time dishes, work. 

Since she had some apple pie from last night, she thought that it should be best that she wouldn't make any other. Since Dong Wook has a past of being a porker during his military-service days, she tries hard to make sure that he stays lean so they can both keep their jobs. When the seafood was just ready to boil and serve, she hung out with the guys - which Dong Wook has reserved a spot for her close to him. He would wrap her around her arms, and she kept herself close to him after clicking open a can of beer. 

It was nice, this was nice. 

As long as I can keep myself from thinking about Lee Kwang Soo, I'll be fine. 

I'll be fine. 

Dong Wook kisses her head while watching TV. 

Stop thinking about anybody else. 

Focus on him. 

If you keep thinking about him, you'll feel bad about it. 

, now I feel bad.