The Sheepish Bold Man & His Picnic

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hello your author here. Thank you for your love, and I'll try to update regularly as much as I can. My writing process is easy, I draft it on the writing app on my phone; or maybe write ideas down on my trusty notebook. Then I'll speedily write it since I have this thing where I do everything as if idea's are going to leak out of my brain. So I'm most probably going to update at least once a day, since i'm on break. Please, vote, subscribe and comment; I sincerely need you guys' love to continue on writing, it's like fuel for me. Oh,and most importantly, enjoy.

...

'Can't I just meet someone I like, noona?' Jong Suk says over the phone. Even she could not believe how straightforward this guy is. She left him in a long pause, but she could hear his throat clearing. 'I'm sorry if that sounded too blunt for you, noona, if you're uncomfortable with me, then maybe next time.' He says, somehow prepared to hang up the phone.

'No- no, it's okay. Where do you want to meet up?'

Jong Suk found himself smiling sheepishly to himself over the line. 'Central Park at 4, I don't think there would be a lot of people during a weekday. I'll bring some snacks.' He says, knowing that this noona loves her snacks.

'Alright.' She says, calmly.

'Then it's a date, noona?' He asks.

Another pause.

'We'll see.' She merely says, bids goodbye and hangs up the phone.

Song Ji Hyo placed the phone down and went back to the kitchen. If Kwang Soo would have known, what would he have said? Would he have been the same way when he knew that Jong Suk picked me up? Song Ji Hyo wonders as she cooks. She was not dating anyone, she was over Baek Chang Joo, she was quite relieved that they broke up though. There were both attracted to each other, and Chang Joo was a nice man; but she was not really thinking of something more than that. She has never thought of marriage with him, nor did she ever thought of it with anyone. Chang Joo and her kept thinking about work that when both of their eyes stopped glancing at each other, they ultimately thought that it was enough, that just could not continue.

Why settle for less, when she deserves to have more?

She did not think like that neither with Kwang Soo or Jong Suk, she was never the type to go for younger guys anyway. But she liked being pursued, every girl wants to be pursued. But being with Kwang Soo made her feel almost different than what she had with others. This guys, seriously, asks for nothing but tries to give everything. That was the kind of attitude and personality that Kwang Soo brought to the table. She failed to realize his feelings because she has never actually looked at him in that way. That's why she thought, a change of perspective could be something good for her, maybe even rewarding.

Song Ji Hyo ate quietly on the dining room table facing the TV. The stew tasted really nice and she has enjoyed cooking it. She wondered what she should do next, probably clean the bathroom or something. It isn't like she could not afford a cleaning service, but it's more trusted for her to do it herself and maybe because she spends more time outside than in the comforts of her own home. It's always abroad, or maybe even an overnight filming and maybe something like doing some extra time in the company. But since she has no company anymore, she has been spending more and more time at home.

At 3, after cleaning her house and also doing the laundry, she decided to take a shower. It was already fall so she dressed thinly but still warm enough for the weather. A pair of light blue skinny jeans, a shirt with a jumper draped over and also dark blue ankle boots that she bought over the internet. Like any other women, she also enjoys the comfort of online shopping plus the free-delivery and shipping.

Before even leaving the house, she got a message.

L. Jong Suk: I'm waiting upfront.

Man, this guy is punctual, she say. It's a good thing but you know, it's a bother to always rush to a place. She replied with an 'OK', she took the elevator down. She smiled at the receptionist upfront, and left through the entrance. She found Jong Suk, leaning on his BMW, with his hands on his pocket. When he saw her from a distance, he waved at her.

'Noona!' He spoke.

'Have you been waiting long?' She asked.

He shrugged. 'Ten, fifteen minutes?'

'You should have just hollered if you were earlier.'

'I just didn't want to bother you, you were probably busy. People like us, it's a luxury to be at home.' He says, somehow with a little sigh.

She just smiled, listening to him. He opened up the front door for her, this guy is really chivalrous. They drove for a few minutes until they arrived at the park. Once he parked, he went out and opened up the door, again, for her. He headed to the back, and took out a really motherly-types of bag with the tier-containers.

'I hope you're still hungry.' He says.

'I ate a few hours ago, so I am a bit.' She says. They both walked, Lee Jong Suk maintained a comfortable distance between them and just talked. She likes that Jong Suk was a bit brute but still at the same time a bit shy as well. She liked that he was trying to make her feel as comfortable as possible, made her realize how kind youngsters are these days.

They took a spot under a tree nearby, he laid down the blanket that he brought along with it. Every time he looked at her, he smiled sheepishly. He took out the tier-lunchbox that he had brought; abundant of foods from kimbaps and tofu with fillings in it; Song Ji Hyo felt quite foreign since it should have been the girl who's responsible to do all of these things.

'It's a nice day, isn't it?' He says, as he handed her a box of apple juice, even poking the straw in for her.

'Yeah; good thing that you decided to do this.' Song Ji Hyo says, she ties her hair back with a scrunchie.

They talked casually; as if they were old friends. They talked about work, Jong Suk talked about how nice it was to be in Running Man; and how much of a big fan he is of the show. But when they talked and talked; they found themselves clueless to just address the elephant in the room.

'Noona..' He calls her, in that soft voice of his.

'Hm?' She merely says.

'Do you have anyone you like?' He asks, that made her kind of surprised to hear.

'At the time being, no, but I'm thinking of a lot of things.' She says casually, trying to keep her cool to not sound to embarrassed by his question.

'Would you see yourself liking me?' He says, quietly.

She shrugs. 'I don't know Jong Suk-ah.'

'Then, will you, regard me whenever you can?'

'I'll think about it Jong Suk-ah.'

He looked at her, with those eyes of his as if he wanted to do something more; but he knows, even if he kissed her, nothing would change. Her heart will not beat for him, it would not certainly make her date him. He looked at her, and then shifted his head to the view. This longing look of his for her, she could notice it. It feels like she couldn't give the same assurance to him as she did for Kwang Soo. The only thing she can do, is to just sigh deeply.

'