What Happened Last Night?

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: I just realized that the chapters are already numbered so, oops. I'll edit it out if I have the time to do so.

'Noona, let's go drinking, okay? I don't want to see you like this.' Lee Kwang Soo says, trying to convince his noona to get over it. In his new Honda he just bought, the radio dimly , the volume so low, you need to pay attention to listen to it. Instead, the sound that was clear and crisp to his ears, was the sound of his noona crying. Kwang Soo can only drive ahead, she needs something, he says to himself. So he decided to drive to her favorite drinking stall, just a few blocks from her home. He parks on the edge of the street, but Song Ji Hyo was still crying, her red cheeks sunk with sadness. 

'Noona, we're here.' He says as if he was trying to not scare her. Abruptly, she took shelter on him. She needed the warmth, she needed him to be there.

'Noona..' He tries to speak. 

'Just a minute, I just need this, don't speak.' She says, and he's just there, frozen. How should he react? He has never seen her noona say stuff like this. Her noona was brute, childish and sometimes very overwhelming. But right now, his noona is mellow, wants someone to coddle her, to take the pain away from her. Her voice is so small, so choked up, her arms grabbing him lightly. Her head lightly rested on his broad shoulders, even thought he was seated their height was obviously apparent. After a minute, she wiped her face with his jumper; 'Let's get some soju!' She exclaimed. 

 

Lee Kwang Soo can say one thing about her noona, she sure can slug a drink. She gulped down the rice wine like a champ, even old men would be impressed with her style of drinking. She rolled the small glass along her cheek, and pulled her head back. 

She tied her hair back with a scrunchie that was readily on her wrist. 'Ya, Kwang Soo, drink with me.' She says. She pushed the green bottled liqour towards her maknae. 

'No, it's okay noona, I'm just here to supervise.' He says, taking a piece of fried chicken in front of them. 'By the way, I need to drive home.' Sweet kid, Song Ji Hyo said in her mind. 

'If you don't, this noona is going to get pretty pissed. You can get anybody to drive you home, you can ask the ajumma to call you a cab.' She says. A bit tipsy, but still not too drunk. 

His noona stared him dow, right until he drinks. Soju is no joke. He himself is not even a big drinker, even if he's pushing a certain age. 'This noona wants you to drink whenever noona drinks, I don't want to drink alone.' She said, again another shot. 

'Ahjumma, another bottle please.' She demands, as she pops open the bottle open with a spoon, a party trick of her that she learned from a sunbae. 

'You know what, Kwang Soo you're the only one this noona can trust. I seriously thought that we had a good breakup, without strings attached and nobody gets hurt. But he took my job away from me when I was the one whom made me the money. I am no longer in a company, a company I have been in for years. People were right, I should not have dated someone like him. I received a lot of because of it too.' 

She pours another one for the both of them. 

'Noona, I think you should slow down.' 

She pressed his finger onto his lips. 'Shhh, shut up. You wanted this noona to drink, so this noona will drink.' She says, even her speech was starting to slur. 

She watched the youngsters next to them, her hand supporting her chin. 'Ya, girl, listen to this unni, let him settle the check! He's going to make a run for it with your money soon, so you should treat him like an ATM while he still loves you!' She barks, Lee Kwang Soo red by her noona's drunkness. 

'Isn't that Song Ji Hyo?' A few pastbyers say, that made Lee Kwang Soo take another glass of soju. He's probably going to die of embarrassment. 

'You wouldn't hurt this noona, wouldn't you, Kwang Soo-ya. Instead of using the glass, she tipped the whole bottle. 'This noona believes you wouldn't, you're wonderful.' 

She finishes the whole bottle, and belched. 

She forgot everything beyond that.