Pre-Housewarming Party

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hey guys it's your author. It's been a while, I'm sorry but I have been super busy and my laptop broke down one day. It took a while for me to get it fixed, so that is why I haven't been updating. And as for the Reader's Special Chapter, there are a few submissions though, I would have wished there were more; so if you guys want to send more submission related to DTDT, you guys are welcomed too. I would be publishing the reader's special as the last bonus chapter of this story. But don't fret, since there are a few more ideas that I would want to put out there. I think it's going to end on the 100th chapter, or something like that. Anyways, to @SaniaSindy, thank you for taking the time to read this story, I humbly welcome you to the world of DTDT. I wish you would read all of it, but it is going to take a bit of time though. To @Vietgirl14, It's been a while since you're here!! I think I just dedicated this whole entire chapter just for you, I hope you enjoy this. And to @spartace_suki, if you feel like you want to send in your submission, it's not too late; you still can. 

I am really sorry for the delay though, I have been hella busy but I do hope you guys still tune in and read my updates once in a while. I hope you guys vote, subscribe and most of all comment! I'll try to update more if I can, much love xox

 

Everybody's jaw drops when they heard the news. They were sitting in the conference room, ready to discuss about the new episode of Running Man when Song Ji Hyo drops big news thoughtlessly. 'Oh, I wanted to ask you guys something; we are inviting you guys for our housewarming party.' Song Ji Hyo says, touching the hot coffee with her cold fingers. The winter is already here, and it was getting so cold that they could see their breaths. 

'What do you mean, 'our' housewarming party? Didn't you move into your place three years ago? The apartment building where Haha used to live before he lives with Gary to wait for his wedding?' Yoo Jae Suk asks and that's when she forgot, she never actually told people that they were dating. They survived the New Year, Christmas, Chuseok without actually telling anyone that Kwang Soo and herself was dating. 

'.' Song Ji Hyo says under her breath. They probably would have thought that she was single after the press conference declaring that she had broken up with Dong Wook. She fiddles with her hands and sniffed, she was going to get a cold and the weather is not helping. She thought, well since she has already said it; there's no point in hiding it. She says to herself. She looks at Kwang Soo, they were both shrugging at each other. 

Kim Jong Kook finally cuts in. 'You and Kwang Soo?' He asks. You can see people, even the production team that was there ultimately surprised. It was not hard for them to catch on, but since nobody actually told, it was hard to assume things. Of course, you can gossip and you can say many things; but you can never actually be sure once somebody steps up and tells the truth. 

And finally, Song Ji Hyo nods. 'Yeah, Kwang Soo and I. We moved in a few weeks ago.' 

'Wait, what? I don't seem to be catching on right now.' Yoo Jae Suk says, the naturally emcee that would be leading, even though the cameras are off. 

'Oppa.' Song Ji Hyo sniffs again, a cute habit of hers. The maknae, Lee Kwang Soo never actually thought of having a housewarming, but it seemed like Song Ji Hyo has plans of her own. It's not like he's bothered by it. To him, it's enough that she does things she want and she is happy about it. If she wants a housewarming, what power does he have to say no? It was enough for him that she is even thinking of marriage with him.

'Seong Im-ah.' Jae Suk says, whenever he uses her real name; was really getting down. 'How can you hide this from us? I thought that we were close, aren't we family?' He says, somehow affected by the news. 

'For how long, have you guys been dating?' Ji Suk Jin asks, the eldest of the group. She sighs, they wouldn't like the number. 

'I don't know, three, four months?' She says, massaging the back of his neck. Lee Kwang Soo sat next to her soundlessly. If she wanted him to say something, he'll wait for cue and say it. But right now, it would have been easier if Ji Hyo did all the talking. Under the table, her hand is clasped inside of his, his thumbs making circles on the side. It calmed her, it was a fickle situation. They all have been so close, and they have known each other for a long time. Even if they weren't close of camera, they still had the chemistry needed to form an on-screen relationship that beats real families. 

'But you just did the press conference two months ago.' The attentive Haha chips in. 

'We were already dating then. I broke up with Dong Wook quite a while ago. It seems like it's unfair for me to be with him when I had feelings for someone else. I like Kwang Soo for a very long time, oppa, it's kind of a shame since he's a wonderful guy, but still, I think that it was a move I had to make.' 

'So you chose him over Lee Dong Wook?' Somehow Haha started laughing, and everybody chipped in and laughed too. The situation became even much lighter, the tension was starting to break. But there were worries painted on Jong Kook's face. It was Haha's marriage with Byul all over again, he felt a bit uncomfortable by the fact that his dongsaengs were keeping secrets from him. Soundlessly he stood, and went out of the room. All eyes were on his back when he left the room. Lee Kwang Soo stood, told Ji Hyo to stay put, and ran out for him. He was outside, sitting; thinking, Kwang Soo guesses. 

'Hyungnim.' The lanky girrafe came towards his hyung who had a million different things in his mind. His hyung has always talked a lot, the only time he is silent is around women. It was odd for Kwang Soo to be in that type of situation. It was not like he did not want to tell him, of course he wants, he wants to let everyone know that Song Ji Hyo was all his. But the situation is not as easy as it looks.

'Why didn't you tell me, Kwang Soo-ya? I thought, I thought we were like brothers. I thought there was something going on, but I never thought that you guys were serious.' He says, leaning on the railing, looking down onto the lobby. 

'I wanted to, of course, I did, hyung you mean a lot to me.' Kwang Soo says, the obedient maknae comes. He has so much respect towards Jong Kook, of course he wanted to tell him. 

'Then why? Because I would be wounded that you found someone and I didn't?' Kim Jong Kook says, making assumptions. 

'Hyung, why are you like this? Of course that's not the reason, why would you even think that?' He says. He wants to try and make the situation better, but he doesn't know how to.

'So why? Why won't you tell me why?' It was useless. The only way for this to resolve is for him to tell the truth. 

'Because it's embarassing.' Kwang Soo lets out. 

'What do you mean, embarassing?' 

'It's embarassing. I was unsure.' Kwang Soo says. 'I was unsure that she would choose only me. I was really unsure about it. What if she goes away, what will I tell you then, hyung? It would have been easier to tell you if I did not think of these things. But before, I wake up and would always make sure that she's next to me. Before I was always so insecure that I would ask her to stay every single day, even if she's in front of me. How can I tell you and the other hyungs? The hardest part before, the hardest part even now, is keeping my hopes up when maybe, soon, she'll leave and I'll be devastated again.' Kwang Soo explains, and every word that he says was true. It was what any masculine male thinks about when he finds a woman. Insecurities, devastation, aspirations of the future with the one you love. And Kim Jong Kook understood that. Ever since then, Song Ji Hyo has always been in Kwang Soo's mind. He has always been walking on thin ice with her, so he doesn't mess up. 

'So what about now? So why are you guys telling us now? Are things any different now?' Kim Jong Kook asks, Lee Kwang Soo smiles. 'Why are you smiling like that, is there something I am supposed to know?' He asks. He nods. 

'I'm telling you this, hyung, since I like you the most.' Kwang Soo says, there is a big shy grin on his face.

'What, just tell me.' 

'She asked me to marry her.' He says. 

'What?' 

Abruptly, Kim Jong Kook took him in a brotherly embrace. Even though he has not find the one that he loves yet, but Kwang Soo's happiness is a priority for him. He liked that Kwang Soo is happy, he liked that he had this stupid grin on his face. The maknae that he has known for years now, has the love that he deserved. 

'So, when are you guys going to do it? Have you proposed?' Kim Jong Kook asks. 

'Don't tell anybody yet, I'll do it soon. Our statute of limitations is a year, it would have been too fast if we did get married now. I am okay with the idea, but I'm scared if she changes her mind.' 

'Girls are like that, aren't they?' Jong Kook says. 'And this is Song Ji Hyo we're talking about.' 

Lee Kwang Soo smiles in glee. 

'You're really happy, aren't you, our dongsaeng?' Kim Jong Kook says, putting his arm on his tall shoulders. 

'The happiest I have been, hyung.' He says. 

Even though to Kim Jong Kook, it's a pity that most of them are going to be wedded off, but still he couldn't stop but realize how happy he was for Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo. They suited each other like two pieces of a puzzle, how could he not be happy for them? He thought, maybe it's time for him too, to start looking. It was enough for him, to see that the people around him is happy.