Answer For The Whys

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hey guys, it's me again. So this one goes to @vanflamighty, I actually do miss writing about Kwang Soo, seems like somehow recently, I kind of forget to write about him actually. And actually, actually, I don't know if this is a coincidence or anything, but for the past three updates (chapter 69, 70, and 71), I was listening to Gary's Lonely Night while I wrote it. I don't know if this was a coincidence or if you felt the aura, but I was listening to it, since I really do like writing while listening to music. Right now, I'm listening to from the 2002 album, He'll Do Well Anyway ft Koonta, it's my favorite track from the album. Anyways, I was really touched that you cried, reading the story, believe it or not, when I reread it after I wrote it, I felt like crying too. I was like, how can I write something so sad? I am really pleased that you are one of the readers for my fanfic, I am really glad really. I hope you would still keep reading, even if this fan fic ends and I start a new one. 

Bottom line, I hope you guys vote, subscribe and most of all, comment! I would love to know what you guys think of the updates. (Oh and I got myself a cat, her name is Conan, it's a Birman)

 

She merely sat there, looking at him - well, staring at him. Without speaking, she merely staring at him. Slowly, she somehow cried, and that kind of weirded him out. He felt like laughing somehow, and he did chuckle a bit. But she sat there, wiping her tears, still looking at him. 

He wanted to ask her, noona, are you alright? Noona, why are you here? Instead, he asked her, 'Noona, why are you crying?' 

She simply shrugged. 'I don't really know, really.' She says. But she kept on crying, but funnily, it felt like she had no worries in the world. 

'Noona.'

She raised her eyebrows. 

'Do you need a hug or something?' 

It felt like it's a funny question, but that was actually what she needed. She looked at him, with sad eyes, then she nodded. Slowly, he stood, and reached her. The noona that he was once looked up so highly to, immediately got pulled into his arms. Slowly weeping on his shoulder, she thought, why was she crying? 

Then she found the answer, she was glad. She was glad she came here, she was glad that she was still here. She was glad, that Kwang Soo invited her in. She was glad that she chose him. The warmth of his breath on her shoulder, his long fingers running through her hair softly. 

'Kwang Soo, regardless of everything, do you still love me?' She asked, her voice soft - she sounds almost like a child. 

'I still do.' He says, simply. 

She pressed her eyes on his shoulder. 'Thank god. Thank the good lord.' She said, laughing. She pressed her arms around him tightly, as if she didn't want to let go. 'Lee Kwang Soo, how can you have this kind of affect on me?' 

'What kind of affect?' 

'You make me restless, I want to be with you all the time. You give me weak knees, and sometimes at night, you come to me in my sleep. I even threw out a proposal because of you, you know that?' 

He didn't say anything. 

'If I give you a present, could you promise me the future?' She asked. 

'Anything you need, noona, I'll try not to disappoint.' He says. 

She didn't say anything, but merely rested her head on his shoulder. 'So I have you now, I'm yours now?' He asked.

'Yeah.' 

'So you won't go anywhere?'

'That means exactly that.' 

'Thank god.' He said, 

Slowly, they parted their bodies, and Song Ji Hyo merely looked at him. Her eyes weren't bawling, but still, she felt like crying. Silently, she touched his face, as if she has never seen it. With her fingertips, she ran it onto his face, slowly as if he was not going to run away. 

'I see you every week, but still this feels like a dream. A really weird one, but a nice one too.' She says, whispering. 'It feels like you're going to run away, but stay at the same time. And I don't want to scare you, for some reason.' 

'Noona, you don't scare me.' 

She missed him, she misses how he calls her noona. She missed how stupid he looks sometimes. Everything about him, made her attracted to him even more. Somehow she felt like she was intoxicated, addicted somehow. She thought, how stupid am I being right now, to let go of everything just for him? But she was not regretting it, and she thought, she will never regret it. Not in the slightest. 

Post-staring, she leans in. She wanted to know how his lips would taste like, would it change? Did it change? Who has touched it since? Who has been here, ever since she left? But it tasted the same, the softness of his lips, the smoothness of his cheeks, the comfortable pace, and his hands on the back of her head. How could this be so easy? She thought. How could anything be easy when it came to him?

When their lips parted, Lee Kwang Soo was red to his ears. And she thought it was cute. She thought that while she was always changing, it should be at least him who stays the same. 

'What happened to Dong Wook, noona?' He asked. 

'What about him?' 

'Did you guys break up?' He asked. 

'Omo. Do you think I would be here, if I was still dating him?' She asked. 

He didn't answer. 

'He's probably hurt, right now.' He says. 'Was it hard?' 

'Leaving him?' 

He nods. 

'It was. He probably took a part of me with him. He asked me to marry him.' She says, somehow she didn't want any secrets between them, she didn't want to lie to him. She wanted to be cool about it, she wanted to be upfront about it. 

'Then?' 

'I said no, of course.' 

'Why?' Somehow the 'why' kind of puts her out of balance, somehow. She thought that he didn't want her to be there. She stood, got her stuff, prepared to leave. 'Noona, where are you going?' 

'Home.' 

'Why are you going home?' 

'Because, Lee Kwang Soo, you make me feel unwanted.' She says. 

'Because I asked why?' 

She nods. 

'I don't want that, noona.' 

'You know what, Kwang Soo, I don't know why. I don't know why I came here, with this ball in my throat. I don't know why, I seriously don't know why. I can't always give you the answer that you need. But I love you, alright, that's your why. Because I love you, wouldn't that answer be enough? I love you so much, it takes something away from me, and I don't know what to do. But I love you, Kwang Soo, so does that answer your question?' 

And from that point, Lee Kwang Soo felt like he was the luckiest man alive.