Wants & The Answering Machine

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

The filming ended and Song Ji Hyo tried to avoid Lee Kwang Soo as much as possible. The filming ended well and there was not any complications or tensions or anything. It was just that every time she looks at Kwang Soo, she felt like she was sick to her stomach from how scared and frightened she gets. She needs to take a step back. Somehow there was one thing that never did leave her mind. What did Lee Kwang Soo want from her? What did he demand from her. Did he want to date? Or marriage? Or just ? It was impossible, it's Lee Kwang Soo for god's sake. It wasn't what he needed. Well he was good in bed, she couldn't deny it, but she couldn't imagine that was what he wanted from her. 

Lee Kwang Soo found Ji Hyo in the parking lot, it was already late and she was swamped so her manager's loading the car. It caught her by surprise since obviously, she was avoiding him. She screamed from the point he calls her, 'Noona.' 

'You scared me, Kwang Soo-ya.' She says, standing. 

'Please, sit noona, I know you're tired.' Kwang Soo says. She nods, and he sits down with her. 'I wanted to say goodbye to you after the staff dinner, but you were gone even when I had the chance to meet you. I'm glad I caught you.' He says. She had a coffee cup in her hand, just regular vending machine coffee to heat herself up. It was already early winter, and the cold wind is blowing lightly. You could feel a pang of chill on your cheeks. 

'It's getting cold, and I'm just tired. It has been a long two days.' She says. 

'I know. And you're right. It gets longer when you're hesitating and always with your guard up, right?' 

Was he talking about me or is he talking about himself? Anyways. She merely nodded. 'Kwang Soo-ya.' She calls him. 

'Hm?' He rose his eyebrows. 

'What do you want from me exactly?' She utters, quietly. Her hands are in her sweater pocket, couldn't her manager take any more time? 'I mean, do you want to date, or get married? Or something else? Friends with benefits, if you want to I'm up with it. I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but with you, I can't seem to calculate. I can't calculate what you want from me. At the end of the day, it's going to be on you. It's like, at first it was just one thing - but now, everything is all just in a mess and I don't know what you want from me. So I'm asking you know, what do you want to do if you have had me?' She says, elaborately. 'Because right now, this noona don't really understand.' 

The thing was with the question, Lee Kwang Soo didn't know what the answer was. He didn't know what she wanted from her, too. It was weird, since he has all of these feelings, and he couldn't really know what he wanted to do with it. Eerie, isn't it?

Dependant from the blank look that Kwang Soo was giving, Song Ji Hyo merely laughed it off. It seems like her manager is done, so she stood - crushing the paper cup in her hand. 

'I was just joking. You don't need to answer it if you don't want to.' She said, chuckling. She touched his broad shoulders. 

'Noona's going now, we'll see each other later, okay?' 

He stood upon her departure, he nods. 

'Be healthy, Kwang Soo-ya.' She says as she waves goodbye. Lee Kwang Soo was in a daze, she was right. Even he couldn't believe how right he was. What did he want from her? 

 

 

Song Ji Hyo came into her apartment as always, empty. She only now, realized that she was bothered by the sight that nobody was there for her when she came home. The house feels colder in some way, but maybe it is just the weather. But it wa hard, thinking that nobody was there for her. What if she hits her head on the sink, and nobody will ever find her? The thought of it was weird, scary even. 

Should I get married?

She got messages in her machine. 

'First message - 'Noona, it's me, your baby brother. I got in a fight with mom again, can I stay with you for the weekend? I'm at the bus station near home, so I'll be there by the 27th night time. I love you, see you later.' 

She finds herself frowning - her forehead wrinkled unbelievably. 

'Second message - 'Seong Im*, it's your mother. Why is your brother so difficult? Please, come down home if you're lonely, I'm making Patjuk for New Year's, ad I can make your favorite Guksu. Please take care of your health, it would be nice if you can move back here. I miss you, your dad misses you but he won't call you, that's the kind of person he is. It's getting cold, so remember to wear your sweater out.' 

Her mother has always been kind to her, and she makes sure that she works hard for her parents and her younger siblings. She looks at the date today, it seems like she needs to pick up her brother as of right now. 

She called her brother again, the first time, he did not pick up. 

'Noona.' Seong-hee** picked up after the third ring. 

'Seong-hee, where are you?' She asks. 

'I'm still in the train. You're picking me up right?' He asks. 

'I'll think about it.' She says, jokingly. 'You can make your own way here, right?' 

'Heck no. I'm not paying for some Seoul cab.' He says, 

'So you can walk, then.' She says. 

'Noona..' He sulks. 

'Alright, alright. When is your train going to be here.'

'8:30.' 

'Arasso. See you later, Seonghee-ya.' She says, bidding goodbye. 

It seems like her day is going to get longer. 

X

 

 

*Seung Im: Song Ji Hyo's real name, apparently. 

**Seung-hee: Okay, so this is allegedly Jihyo's brother's name. It's not his real name though. I searched online but it seems like his name would never surface, so as a norm basically, Koreans siblings would have the same first first name, so I'll just assume. I hope it wouldn't name any of you guys. Even Song Ji Hyo's manager doesn't have a name, what I do name is that it's a he. But, but, if any of you guys know his name, then please, do tell me and I will change update and change the name. But for the time being, his brother is going to be Seong-hee. Again, I hope you guys don't mind. His name reminds me of Lee Chunhee though. 

Oh, and please don't forget to subscribe, vote and most of all - comment! Much love xox