The Confrontation

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hey guys I'm back with another update. I think I feel indebted to you guys and I feel like updating more. Sometimes I feel like updating and sometimes I don't, most of you guys are fanfic writers as well, more capable than me, I presume so I guess you know what I mean. And I wanted to say; Merry Christmas everybody! I hope you're having a merry jolly xmas, and I hope we all enter a new year with good health and better beginnings. Couldn't believe how fast this year has gone by, don't you think? I hope you still enjoy Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow; and I hope you guys' heart flutter as you read this story, I tried to be as realistic as possible. End note, please be safe and healthy. I hope you guys will leave 2015 without any regrets, or do, since I do ponder on my own decisions this year. Please make sure to subscribe, vote and most of all, comment! Tell me about your year, I would like to know every single one of you. Happy 2016, everyone!

 

Song Ji Hyo crept into her hotel room after talking to Yoo Jae Suk. They were all getting ready for dinner, but she thinks that the gimbap snack was enough for her, so she is thinking of skipping it. She took a cold shower, and wore a pair of leggings with a baggy sweater. It was getting colder so she skipped shampooing her hair, she did in the morning so she thought it was unnecessary. She sat in her bed, the TV and watched it aimlessly. Until she heard a knock on the door. 

She went by, opened it mindlessly when there was him; the lanky boyish guy that has been on her mind ever since. Winter was going to start and she doesn't know how to snap out of it and enjoy it full-heartedly. 

'Noona.' As soon as he speaks, she abruptly closed the door, but he caught it, and pushed it with all of his might. It wasn't that hard though, since she's not really strong herself. Well, she is stronger than any other girl, but how could she compete with a man his size. 

', Kwang Soo, what was that for?' She says, innately leaving him on the front door and going back to the queen bed. She sat, and again, her eyes are on the TV. He watched her, silently. How long has it been? It was as if it has been a lifetime to him. He just stood there, watched her. He sighs when he watched her. 

'We're going to have dinner, noona.' He says, finally speaking after a long pause. 

'Have fun.' She merely said. She checked her phone, it was almost seven. 

'It's a seafood restaurant, you would like it.' He says. 

'I'm not that hungry.' 

He took a step forward, but she was wary. I'm not going to waiver, it's okay, it's just Kwang Soo. She says to herself. But it was Kwang Soo, he was a part of the problem. 

'Noona.' 

She didn't answer. 

'Noona, do you hate me?' He says, slowly, almost whispering. That question kept her off guard, she was almost baffled by his question. 

'Why would I hate you, Kwang Soo-ya, that's stupid.' She says. 'It's the complete opposite, and I'm trying to get rid of it.' She says, thoughtlessly. She tried to sound as heartless as she could so she wouldn't be strung along. 

'Why would you want to get rid of it?' She didn't answer his question. 'I thought that you asked me - you were the one who specifically asked me to.' He says. 'I tried my hardest, noona, why are you avoiding me?' He came closer, she felt like crying. Her heart would skip beats, but sometimes it went faster than it could. He is certainly not good for the health to bear. 

'It was before, Kwang Soo, now things have changed.' She says, uttering slowly. 

'Why?!' He lost it. 'Why?! Why has things changed?' He says. That alarmed her, finally, she was looking at him. 'I like you, noona. I have never hid anything from you, why are you being so shady now?' He barks.

He sighs. 'I waited for you, but you never said anything. But then, I started calling you and you weren't picking up. I thought you needed time, so I gave you time. And all of the sudden, you weren't looking at me. Even now, your eyes are avoiding me. What did I do wrong, noona? Am I not good enough for you, don't I deserve you? Did I do something to hurt you?' He was sitting close to her, and the sound of his voice broke her heart even more. 'Tell me what you want me to fix, and I'll fix it for you. Whatever you want for me, and I'll give it to you. But don't do this to me, noona, don't break my heart like this.' 

She finally looked at her seriously, the room sounded so quiet; since the TV has always been on mute and you could hear the faint sound of traffic. Her tears trickled slowly, to her cheek and finally to the palms of her hand. Kwang Soo rarely saw her noona cry, it was almost impossible too. Song Ji Hyo was not the type who cries. She was strong, the strongest peson she knows but right now, her eyes are softening and her lips quivered.

'I like you too much, Kwang Soo-ya, don't you get it. I feel like you're too far for me to reach. When you're here, I feel like nothing can ever harm me and that's all fun. But when you're not - I feel like you took my heart with you, and I can't bear with it.' She says, her voice cracking as if the tears are choking her. 'At the start, I thought that it would be fun, and we did have fun. Everything felt casual, and it was great - you were great. But then I looked at you more carefully, you, Kwang Soo-ya, you might not know it, but you shine brighter than anybody I know.'