The Hyungs

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

Lee Kwang Soo arrived in the hotel and he contemplated where he should put her. Even though he had a lot of explaining to do later, he needs to take care of her first. He decided to place her in his room, in case she needed to throw up or anything - to make sure that she wouldn't choke on his own vomit. He explained the situation to the PD in-charge and asked if there wouldn't be any morning wake-up challenges. 

'What happened?' Hyo Jin-PD asked the sweaty Lee Kwang Soo. 

'She.. just got drunk somehow. She had some stuff going on, accidentally got drunk.' Lee Kwang Soo says, covering the fact that it was because of him. 

'Aigoo.' He sighs. 'Thanks for telling us prior.' He says. 

'No problem.' He says, he hurries back to his hotel room and got his noona a bowl for her to throw up in. He took off her shoes and placed it next to the door. He took off her jacket and her socks. 

She doesn't throw up, but she slowly just fell asleep. Tirelessly, he pats her back while she slept, he tucked her into the sheets. The days without her feels like hell, and those things she said felt like hell too. But it was not enough for him to leave. He was scared too, of how much he cared for her and how much he wanted her to stay. He was scared that his presence would burden her, and how he would bring her pain. But tonight proved that she cared for him, more than he would ever know. And the doubt that has been heavy on his shoulders has went. He looked at her sleeping face, and he smiled. I wish we could stay like this, noona, let me just stay here silently and protect you from any harm. He smiled looking at her, and he sat close to her but not too close for her to be alarmed by his presence. 

But she crept closer, approaching the heat next to her. She placed her arm around her, as if he was a bolster. But then Kwang Soo heard the door bell ring once. He tried hard not to move to suddenly so that he doesn't wake her up. When he opened the door, it was Kim Jong Kook. Silently, he closed the door behind him. 

'Let's hang out in my room.' He says. 'Let's talk, Kwang Soo-ya.' He says. He followes when Kim Jong Kook walked before him. This was the music, and he needed to face it. It was his fault, of course, he was supposed to tell him. Jong Kook was his favorite hyung, he has been his rock for the past five years and he has been kind. He should have never kept him in the dark. When they arrived in his room, all of the cast except for Ji Hyo was there - crowding the room. They were sipping beer, chatting but when Kwang Soo entered the room, they all fell silent. 

'Anja, Kwang Soo-ya.' Haha says, and he abided. He sat down in front of them, as if they were in court. It was late, but still, they needed to talk all of it out. Sometimes, when like this happens, they would just blow it over like nothing happened. But this was regarding Ji Hyo, and they were all, except for Kwang Soo, her oppas. And they all cared for her as well. But when she acts like that, they know something was wrong. Song Ji Hyo is a controlled person - even if she bursts sometimes, she is very calculative and would never do anythng to disrupt her career, it would be partly the reason why she never contacts Gary beyond the show because she knows, anything beyond that would mean hurting her career and also her heart. 

When he sat down, nobody could say anything. Then Jong Kook started to become the MC of the night. 'Alright, let's get started.' He says, since nobody wants to break the ice. 

'Who knew about what happened between them, please raise your hand.' 

Kwang Soo and Jae Suk rose their hands. They all looked at Jae Suk, a betrayed look graces their faces. 

'You knew, hyung?' Jong Kook asked. 

Jae Suk clears his throat. 'Ji Hyo told me, a day after it happened.' 

'Jongmal. So when we were talking about it, you said nothing?' Jong Kook snapped. 

'It was not my secret to share, Jong Kookie, you need to understand - there are things that I need to protect for others' sake.' Jae Suk says, and he was right. He didn't have a light mouth anyways, and went secrets are on the table, he keeps his mouth shut. 

'But - ugh, let's just put that aside right now.' Jong Kook touched his temples. 'Kwang Soo-ya.' He calls him, Kwang Soo sat upright, ready to answer anything that is thrown at him. Jong Kook sighs. Kwang Soo was his favorite dongsaeng. A place where once Haha was, is gradually taken by him since he got married. They went to drink together, ate together, went to the gym together - didn't it mean anything? 'Why didn't you tell your hyung, Kwang Soo-ya?' It was sad, hearing Jong Kook talk in a heart-breaking tone. It was weird, since Jong Kook never spoke like this. The last time he was like this is when Haha secretly got engaged without him knowing. 

'I thought of her.' He merely said. 'If I told you, what kind of looks are you going to give her, hyung?' He says, and he did have a point. 

'If it was a mistake, then I would have understood. We all would.' Jong Kook said. 

'At first, yeah, I thought I was just going to tell you in a week. If it was too fresh, it would have been inappropriate. But as time pass by, I started to fall for her, hyung.' He said truthfully. 

'Because you slept with her?' Haha chipped in. 

He shook his head lightly. 'I think, silently, I have always been looking at her. I have always wanted to look after her. But then I fell for everything else; and it became impossible to get her out of my mind.' He says. 'I know I'm in the wrong, hyung, I am sorry for not telling you guys, and I feel really bad about it. But waking up next to her, and falling for her - I don't regret that. Nothing that you guys would tell me would ever change what I feel for her.'