Casual

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

Let's just explain a few things. Lee Dong Wook and Song Ji Hyo has always been friends, and they have been friends for a long time. They were the same age, and they always have fun together - and it's amazing. He was good in bed, and she needed someone to be in bed with. It happened when they met each other in Mandate of Heaven (Fugitive of Joseon) and they were friends. They talked a lot, and Dong Wook liked her. And in some point, they actually did like each other. They tried dating, and they were never caught - but they were better suited as friends.They would always talk, and sometimes, it rarely happens, they become friends with benefits. But most of the time, they liked to talk since he was a bit of a chatty-cat, like an ahjumma perhaps. 

Her relationship with Dong Wook was casual, and there were no feelings attached. But Dong Wook liked her, and he would have probably will always like her. But they didn't work. They never had lived together, but she would stay at his place - and he would do the same at her's. It was the perfect set-up, no strings attached of course. 

Alright, back to the story. 

She slapped Dong Wook's arm. 'Dong Wook-ah.' 

'You've been busy lately, and you look pretty.' He gave an excuse. 

'I know. But..' 

He cuts him off. 'Looks like we have a guest.' 

She turns, and Lee Kwang Soo was there. He placed the empty plates into the sink, as if nothing happened. 

'Don't mind me, I'll just send out the desserts.' Kwang Soo says, picking up the dessert plates. 

'No, they're not done yet.' She says. 'I haven't torched it.' She got herself out of Dong Wook's arms, and she started blow torching it. 

'Dong Wook-ah, can you wait outside please?' 

Lee Dong Wook nodded, and Kwang Soo wanted to follow him. But he was stopped by her. But since he was so shocked, he got her hands off him, and went away. What have I done now?

She prepped the desserts, she felt like crying when she did. And slowly, her tears dripped slowly, but she made sure that it didn't trickle down to her desserts. The way Kwang Soo looked at her, and how teary-eyed he looked, was upsetting. It was heartbreaking to see. She tried to concentrate, making sure she doesn't overheat the custard, even so, her heart was crying heavier than her eyes. There were some points in a girls life that she would feel this much sadness pooling in her heart, and it made her head feels like it's turning into lead - it is getting heavier. She took her time, and took long breaths as she did it. If anybody would have seen her now, they would have asked questions and ruin the fun mood. But it was her fault anyways, she thought, it was her that brought him so much pain. 

And that was when Seong-hee came by. When she saw that he was there, she placed her head down after wiping her tears, praying that Seong-hee wouldn't see. 

'Noona.' Seong-hee called. 

She didn't raise her head, she kept on sprinkling sugar and blowing it with fire. 

'Noona.' He calls again. 

'What does our Seong-hee need?' She says, raising her head. But as soon as she raises her head, the welling tears started to fall. Her cover is blown in less than a second. It wouldn't stop falling. 

'Noona?' He took the blowtorch away from her and placed it aside. He pulled her further into the kitchen, making sure that people can't see them. They had guests, of course he needed to do that. 'What happened, noona?' He asks, even his usual tone. 'What made you like this? Why are you crying? You never cry.' He says. 

'Nothing, Seong-hee.' 

'Bull. You never cry, and if you do, then there must be something.' He utters. 

Abruptly, she leaned in and rested her head on his shoulder. There is this point, when you're the older sister, you forget that men, even your little brother would surpass your height. There was a point in which he was cute, shorter than she was, and he would always be scared - and noona was there for him. But tonight, he was the one who was healing her. He was the one, who saved her. And she felt like she needed a little saving. Even he couldn't say anything, but merely ran his palms down her back. She would never tell me what's wrong, he tells himself. It's just not the kind of person she is. Who would understand her better than family, right?

After five minutes, she wiped her tears on his shirt naughtily. She stopped herself from crying just before it could turn her eyes and nose red. 

'I love you, lil bro. Always will.' 

'I do too, noona, I'll always be here with you.' 

She finished the preparing the desserts, and the two siblings went back to their guest. And Song Ji Hyo tried hard not to cry. When she placed the dessert in front of Kwang Soo, he didn't even look at her. And she understood - who wouldn't be angry? And she knew, she knew how he felt for her - that makes her even guiltier than this. 

'Jongmal. This is amazing, Ji Hyo-ya.' Haha says as he ate. He gave some to his baby too, who was already talking giberrish in his own language. 

They all liked it, and somehow that relieved her heart. She wanted it to be over, everything, and Seong-hee wished for the same thing too. But she liked the people around her, she liked the Running Man family who has treated her like an actual family. She was far from her family, and her little brother couldn't be with her always, even if she wishes he did. But Running Man has given her a family of six guys, people that she was personally close with. Even she couldn't be mad at Dong Wook, he was innocent because he didn't know. 

They finished up dessert, and stayed for a while longer to finish everything up. Seong-hee probably had the time of his life, getting to know all of these people; all of these amazing people. 

'Your brother wants to hang out with Gary and I, can he? I'll return him in the morning.' Jong Kook says, he was a bit drunk from all of the soju and beer - but he was alright. Gary didn't drink at all, so most likely, he'll drive. 

Song Ji Hyo looked at Seong-hee. 'Can I?' He asks. 

She sighs. 'Make sure to return him, oppa.' She says to Jong Kook. She kisses her brother's cheek, and they all bid farewell. But she stopped Kwang Soo before he could leave. 

'Stay.' She says to him. 

'If it was yesterday, I would have probably said yes. But right now, I'll say no, noona.' Lee Kwang Soo says. Lee Dong Wook was still in the kitchen, doing the dishes. 

'Just. I'll come by once I'm finished eating. I have your passcode, so make sure you stay at home.' She says, whispering. 'If you don't, I'll never forgive myself. So please, Kwang Soo-ya.' She says. She lets go of him, and he gets his coat. He left. 

It was time for her to talk to the chatty-cat.