The Cute Little Brother

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

She drove from home to the train station, waited for him in the front bench wearing a cap instead of a snapback. It was dark already though, and it wasn't as if anybody would follow her here. Her life as a celebrity and solitude wasn't really hard if she travelled alone without another celebrity around. It was easier that way, and she didn't mind the solitude. But it does get lonely sometimes, and people - well - need other people as well. It was a given. She waited under the street lights, there weren't much people but inside, it was obviously busy. She just had coffee vending machine as she waited. It was only eight twenty when she sat down. 

She waited and waited. She was laid back, but she kept her head down. But she tried hard not to be suspicious though. 

Song Ji Hyo got a call from her brother, but she saw him from a mile away. 

'Noona, are you here?' He asks over the phone. 

'Seong-hee, look left.' 

He did, 'Where?' 

'A bit further, I'm sitting on the bench.' 

When he figured out where she was, he hangs up the phone and treaded lightly towards her. When he was there, he gave her a hug. 

'Noona, I missed you.' He says, hugging her. 

'Alright, alright, I miss you too little boy.' She says, and they both left and went inside the car. She took off her cap and her brother loaded his backpack to the back seat and went to the front seat. They put on their belts, because obviously, safety first, and went ahead. 

'How have you been, noona?' He asked while she was driving. The radio was on low, and it was just DJs talking anyways. 

'I've been okay. How's home?' She asked. 

'Well - it's okay, it's been better, but it's okay. Mom and dad misses you though, it seems like you never go home anymore.' He complains, he looks at the window that shows the streets of Seoul. He liked Seoul, but he's not making as much money as his sister - and it's better to live with your parents anyways, no rent. 

'I know, it has just been crazy lately, maybe after New Year's.' She says. 

'Noona.' 

'What?' 

'When are you getting married?' He asks. Somehow she was surprised by the question. 

'What are you talking about?' She says. 

'Well, you're not getting any younger.' He says. 

'Do you want to go back home? Or do you want to leave you here?' She says as she stops at the traffic light. They were in downtown Seoul, in the business district, the traffic light's bound to be longer than any other place here. 

'Arasso, noona. Sheesh, someone's moody.' He says, sulking. 

'Jinja jongmal, I just picked you up after a long day of work, and you're here talking back at me? God damn, kids these days.' She curses under her breath, but she doesn't want it to get to her. She doesn't see Seong-hee everyday, but he does come around often when he can to check up on his sister. 

'You've gotten handsome, Seonghee-ya.' She says, out of nowhere when the light turns blue. 

He looks at her, weirded out by his own sister. 'Are you in pain, noona? Are you dying?' He says. 

She smacks his arm. 'When I get angry, you don't like it. When I am nice to you, still you don't like it.' 

'It's not like I don't like it, but I know you. You're you, so I don't trust anything you say at all.' 

'Jinja, this kid.' She just says, she turns the volume up, drowning the sound of the car engine with music. Maybe it's better to just enjoy the silence that enfolds. 

 

 

When they came home, Seonghee complained that he was hungry. 'Can we get gogi, noona?' He asked as he sat on the counter, turning his body with the chair. Every time he's around, the house feels a bit cheerful so she kind of likes it  - but he does get to her nerves sometimes. 

'Gogi, gogi, a barbeque?' She asked. 

'Yeah, you can ask your friends? How about Gary-hyung? Or Kwang Soo-hyung?' Listening to his brother mention Kwang Soo's name, it made her kind of choke on her own spit.

'Aish, why can't it just be the two of us?' She asked. 

'Because that would be lame. Come on, let me have some fun with other guys too here.' He complains. Why does he have to be such a brat every time he's here, he certainly needs parental supervision. Ji Hyo says to herself. But he does like him that way, since they are - most definitely are brothers. 

'Arasso, arasso. Aigoo, why are you so bothersome sometimes? Let's have it tomorrow, let's just have bibimbap tonight, alright?' 

He merely nodded while playing with his phone, that is her brother for you. Bothersome and has a sharp-tongue, but really, really cute. After dinner, Seunghee was doing the dishes while she relaxed in the living room while watching TV. She decided to let them now right now, so that they could free up tomorrow night. She hits them up on their RM group on Line. 

SJH: Guys, barbecue tomorrow night at my place. Anybody in?

Haha: Barbecue, at your place? That's a first. 

Gaelli: What's the occasion?

SJH: Don't act so surprised. My Seonghee is in town, he wants to hangout with you guys. So anybody up for it?

Haha: Can I bring Byul and my kid?

SJH: Anybody you want, just come. 

majisacoke: Tomorrow?

Somehow she was quite surprised that he answered. Oh well. 

SJH: At 8. Please don't come empty-handed. :)

JKSparta: What should I bring?

Haha: No chicken s, chaebal, hyung. 

Haha: Kidding ^^

JeeSeokJin: I'm in, I'll be there.

JeeSeokJin: It's not everyday we get to be in Song Ji Hyo's home. 

YJaeSuk: I'll be there if Kookie's not there. 

YJaeSuk: Just kidding. 

Gaelli: I don't think I can make it tho, but I'll try. 

SJH: Thanks, it means a lot to Seonghee. 

They all continued talking, but she sent a GPS tag of her home via Google Maps into the group. It's not like she has anything against them, but she does like her privacy outside of her working life. She sets up the guest room for Seonghee to sleep in, that dubs also as her study. They all went to sleep, but somehow Song Ji Hyo is left restless. Wondering how she should act tomorrow, she falls asleep slowly like normal even though her head is in a whirlwind.