Childhood & Side Braids

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: Hello guys! I'm sorry that I skipped a day from writing, probably that is because I have been busy yesterday but I wrote the draft. I asked my sister to share her 'nicest thing that someone has ever done to you' and she couldn't recall anything, so I felt as if I wasted time asking her. But these are my share, in my previous relationships. I'll try other references too, so I can keep this story heartfelt and nice. I am sorry again, for abandoning my fanfic for a day, I feel like I'm a  bad author now. I hope you guys vote, subscribe and most importantly, comment! Since you guys are so nice, it cures my broken heart. Oh, I hope you guys are well, and I hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long. 

 

Kwang Soo spent the day taking care of his sick noona. They spent the day talking, lounging around, watching TV. Song Ji Hyo asked him to paint, and painted he did since his noona wanted him to. Ji Hyo wrapped up in rolls of futon on the floor while watching him paint, she thought that it was a delight. She thought maybe, just maybe, our time together could be eternalize. She has never been so happy with someone before, sitting immobily and filling each other's time. She thought of her parents, and how they could live together for a long time, and she realizes how fun it must be for them. Slowly drowning in each other, at the same time preventing both of themselves to suffocate.

'Kwang Soo-ya.' She calls for him. He stopped painting, placed the brush on the side. 

'Yes, noona.' He says, turning towards her. 

'How was your childhood?' She asks. 'I've met your dad a few times already, but you never told me about your childhood.' She says. 

'You never asked.' He says, scratching the back of his head. 

'So I'm asking now.' She says, sternly. The headache is completely gone, and occasionally she feels like throwing up. Her body is not heating up as it did last night, so it's a relief. 

'I had a childhood like anybody else's. I spent time with my siblings, went to school, played with the neighborhood kids. I was not really much of a troublemaker, but there are times where I'm scolded. I usually spent my time doodling all day, sitting on the front porch while watching my mom make her kimchi. More than that, it was normal. Nothing much, nothing more. I had a nice childhood, I could think of happy things that come from it.' He says. Ji Hyo knows, he loves his family. She rarely sees her family, but of course she meets her little brother that she would often bully when they were kids. She calls her mother once a month to ask how they are and send money to cover expenses. 

He crept to the floor next to her. He sat comfortably. 'How about you, noona? Anything significant happened when you were a kid?' 

Song Ji Hyo thought about it, then shook her head. 'I went hiking with my little brother though, and we watched a lot of action animation; that was nice too. I used to bully my brother a lot, but I do love him more than anything else though. It was fun, we would find bugs and keep it in jars with holes pierced on top. We would wrestle and I would always win, up until the point when he grew taller than me. Even so, I would win, since he's like a girl sometimes. But my brother grew up fine, his noona grew up fine also.' She says, looking at him softly. There are times when you pay attention to only one thing and everything else is just a big blur? That is what Kwang Soo feels every time Song Ji Hyo talks to her. It doesn't matter about anything, it doesn't matter if it's everything. What he sees is her, and nothing more than that can come from it. 

'Noona..' He says. 

'Uh-huh?'

'If you're okay, do you want to hang out tomorrow? Like outside my house.' He says. 

'Where?' 

'I don't mind anywhere.' He says. 'But I want a day, with you only. No distractions, just me and you, what do you say?' Straightforward Kwang Soo strikes again. He does know when to strike. 

'Sure, if you want to. But I have a covershoot in the morning, so it has to be after that.' 

He nods. Again, there is this comfortable silence around them. It was all just eyes, gazing each other softly. Kwang Soo notices that she keeps pushing her hair back, so he stood abruptly and went to the drawers. He found himself two pieces of hairband that his sister would leave in his apartment. 'Noona, can I braid your hair?' He asked. 'I'm not asking it weirdly or anything but I get uneasy when you keep flipping your hair around like that.' 

She raises her eyebrows, then shrugs. She turns her back to him. He combed his fingers through her hair, he is humming a song. She couldn't really know what song he was humming, but she assumed that he was making some stuff up. She could feel his spidery fingers run through her long hair. He is braiding it carefully, but it seemed like he was enjoying it. 

'Do you always do this when you date someone?' She asked him, somehow it sounded accusitory. 

'No, this is my first time, doing it to someone other than my sister.' He answers. 'But your hair is really nice, noona, and it smells like shampoo.' He says. After a few minutes, he was done. It was a side-braid, and it looked pretty. She took out her phone in her jeans pocket, and took a picture of it. 

'I can't remember the last time somebody braided my hair.' She says. 'It's a nice skill.' 

'It looks nice on you, noona.' He says. 'It looked really pretty on you.' And he was right. It made her look ten years younger than she already is. Probably because she does have a really youthful face, but she looked almost teenager-ish in that hairstyle. 

'I never had long hair when I was young. I used to have the short cut, and my hair would be parted and stuck down by a pin. Every time the picture comes up, Jaesuk-oppa would say that I played around a lot when I was a teen. Probably he was right though, but I didn't actually was surrounded by boys. I was just always sleeping and went to classes, had fun with mates.' Song Ji Hyo naturally doesn't talk a lot. On Running Man,she would of course, since that is something that is needed to gain airtime. But as an individual, she was not much of a talker. She would smile a lot, and laugh when there's a joke in the room, but other than that, she enjoyed spacing out and think about other things. 'I wonder why I'm talking to you about these things, it seems like I can't shut up.' She says, gettng red. 

'Why would you want to shut up, I wanted to listen to what you have to say.' He says, chuckling. 

'I don't know, I don't know if I'm boring you.' She says, inspecting her braid. 

'Noona there's nothing more than I would like to do then to hear what you  have to say.Talk all that you want, I enjoy listening to you.' 

She looks at him deeply, wow, he meant it. It's not really hard to know whether someone is saying things just for the sake of being polite and actually meaning it. Song Ji Hyo has had her fair of guys who wouldn't want to listen to her, or take the assumption that she's white noise. Some guys she has dated in the past has not been so willing as Kwang Soo is. Then she wonders, when will she ever actually going to date Kwang Soo? Probably she needs him to make her drown in him more, it seems like right now, it's not enough.