Special Chapter: Presence (Lee Kwang Soo POV)

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalschola: Hello guys, it's me again. How were your guys' Valentine? I got myself a Valentine's date, and we talked all night. It was fun, I might see him again soon If you guys don't have a Valentine, let me be yours hehe. I was supposed to post this yesterday but my mom got into an accident and she's in the ICU. I hope you guys could pray for her tho, that would mean a lot to me. It was kind of a weird day for me, yesterday. And to @Tirison, everything died down already, you can trust me that I'm going to update more regularly tho. If I don't then, you can trust me a little less and count on me coming back haha. I didn't leave you guys, I was supposed to leave a notice like I always do, but I forgot. Seriously, I have such a bad memory though. @MrsStar, are you scolding me? Haha I deserve it, so scold me some more so I can feel the love from you guys. Ah, the kind of commitment you guys give me is no joke, I can feel myself getting teary-eyed and beating myself up for not updating. And I'm excited for WGM! Chen Bolin is a hottie though, and the Monday Couple is not really on the rage, they are going to have to start a new ship for them. 'Chenhyo'? Or 'JiLin', which sounds better? I think they'll end up with a better label though, I'm not really smart myself. @vanflamighty, I hope exams and assignments are treating you well, because it's not treating me well tho haha. Fighting for you too! I hope you can find someone you can curl up next to when you're feeling tired, because I'm planning on finding someone myself. And for @spartace_suki, I'm going to drag this story a little bit before I start a new one. Let's just say that it's compensation for leaving unnoticed. I'm making my own punishment. I'll finish it, I promise. I won't let you guys hanging, I made a commitment anyways. 

End note, since this is getting too long, I made this chapter (Kwang Soo's POV) because I have a lot of requests for it, so this is my service for all of you that has asked (in the comment section or mostly, from private messages). I'm going to write Song Ji Hyo's POV soon, maybe a couple of days after. I hope you guys get your own Kwang Soo soon, because, sure as hell I need one so we can rest our bones with a loved one. Remember to subscribe, vote and most of all, comment! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Much love from your author xox.

 

There was this one time in my childhood when I saw one of my best friend dating a girl in my class. They got married during their second year of college though, I guess it's not really a big deal to me. My best friend was both my sunbae, my hyung, but it did not matter since we were only a year apart from each other. But that hyung thought me what it meant to fall in love, and it was one of the things that I never forgot until this day. We went for coffee, the other day; this hyung never left Namyangju and stayed there after being in college in Seoul with his now wife. 

'Kwang Soo-ya, it seems like I haven't met you in forever. How's the life you're living now? Never thought you would be such a big shot.' My hyung said to me, while he sips his Vienna coffee, leaving froth on the upper side of his lips. He wiped it of with his thumb. My hyung looked quite youthful. Even if he led a lowkey life, he was the happiest man I knew. 

'I went back to Namyangju a few weeks back, what do you mean you haven't met me in forever?' I said, laughing slightly. He bought me a piece of coffee cake, and I could say that I was enjoying being splurged on sometimes. 

'We didn't even get to talk, it feels like forever to me. You would always hang out at my place, I was used to seeing you for hours a day.' He says. My hyung was never actually a ladies man, even though he had the looks for it. If I had his face, I would have been more famous though, but he doesn't really suit the 'idiot' side of variety. A wedding band on his right hand finger, even then everybody's eyes would face him. Handsome features, broad strong shoulders; it was not such a surprise if anybody would stop walking just to stare at his face. Even with the wedding band in his finger, he looked like a bachelor. 

'Your wife was in labour, of course we didn't get to talk. It's a big moment for you, isn't it? Your second daughter.' I said. 

'Yah, it gets so hard when you have two daughters. My first daughter is turning 2 in a month, I can't believe how much time has passed. Kwang Soo-ya, if you have someone you'd want to spend your life together, do it. There's no point in hesitation. You're already in your 30s, you're not getting any younger. Having kids and all that, it's tiring. Of course it is, nothing in life comes easy. But watching them grow up, that's priceless to me.' He says, taking a sip from his coffee. He was a smart guy, this hyung of mine. He has always been the person I always go to for advice in the past. Even though we're in two different worlds now, we never fail to go back to each other and even if it takes months for us to meet, it was never awkward. 

'Maybe, hyung. Maybe I will.' I gave him a sneaky smile.

'You got yourself a girlfriend?' 

'Yeah.' He smiled proudly. 

'Bring her to Namyangju if you're serious with her.'

'I will. We're moving in together, next Sunday.' I said proudly. It was a fact that I wanted to yell to the world, that I was with Song Ji Hyo. 

'Wow, you're serious then. Next time you're in Namyangju, text me. We'll throw a party for you, maybe I'll send the kids to their grandmother's so we can drink. Kwang Soo, you're really a man now. It's really nice to see.' He says, patting my shoulder as he spoke. We might have been only a year apart but I thought that he has been through much more than I did. I really did respected him, got through a nice high school experience because of him. 

We talked and talked, but I checked my wrist watch when I realized that I needed to leave. We shook hands, and I promised to see him again back in my hometown. I knew it was getting serious, probably I don't know how far this would go. But I have a good feeling about us. I got the red bean buns from the ahjumma just a few blocks from the apartment. I'm going to miss this neighborhood though, but even if I did, I was excited. I was excited that I was going to start a life with her, my dream girl. She would have been anybody's dream girl, probably guys that are much more attracitve than I was. But she chose me out of those people, so I think the odds will start working with me rather than against me. The ahjumma greeted me with a smile, telling me that I was radiating. 

'I always see you here, but you look somewhat different.' The woman says, preparing the hot steaming buns for me. The weather is getting cooler. I think fall is coming. 

'How different, ahjumma-nim?' I asked her while I shuffled through my pockets for any changes. No luck, I had to whip out my wallet. 

'I don't know, but you're basically radiating. You look like someone in love.' She says, tucking in her back and pulling her old cardigan. 

'How did you know?' I said, grinning from ear to ear. My hands were covering my mouth, I was getting embarrassed. 

'Of course, it's nice being young, isn't it?' 

I set the money on the counter and she handed the buns into my hands. It was still warm, it rested nicely into my cold hands. 'Ahjumma-nim, be healthy. Don't get sick, alright, I would miss you if you do.' I said, before I left. 

'Aigo, aigo, I'll be fine. Run along now, the steamed buns are going to grow cool.' She says. I nodded and made my way. I said hello to the security guard upfront, he raises his cap when he saw me. I took my mail from my mail box that I forgot to take out in the morning and made my way upstairs. It is getting dark outside, the sun is about to set. But my heart was fluttering, thinking of a familliar face. I pressed in the combination for my lock and went inside. 

It's nice being young, isn't it?

Even the look off her back made me smile. She's busy packing my things, her ears are filled with earphones - probably the music is loud enough for her not here that I'm home already. Wearing my sweater that looked baggy on her, she looked like a dream to me. It was a sight I was never bored of seeing. I was in love with her anyways. Instead of something out of the ordinary, this sight became familliar to me. But at the same time, it is special to me, holding me back in awe. Her hair in dark brown, falling to her back. She was diligently taping the boxes, and she finally turned her head. 

'You scared me.' She says, thrown aback. I think she almost cursed. 'You're home?' 

Simply, casually, calmly, I answered simply, 'I'm home.'