Nowhere But Here

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

Since it was already 7, Song Ji Hyo started dinner in the dining room. Well, it's not actually a room, just a part from the living room sanctioned for the four-seat dining room table she got from Ikea Gyeonggi-do with his brother when she first moved in. She liked it, since it suited with the interior of the house. She sets up the seafood stew in the middle, got some banchan for three people and asked Dong Wook to fill the bowl with rice. He obliged, and helped her set up the table. Jin Wook thanked her for the food. 

When Jin Wook tasted it, it suited his taste perfectly. 

'Your cooking is no joke, Ji Hyo-yah.' He compliments, pouring the stew all over his ramyun. 

'Please, help yourself. I made much more than I am supposed to.' She says. 

'I haven't eaten a home-cooked meal in ages. It's always take-out or just simply ramyun or something.' He says as he ate. 'I approve, since it's Song Ji Hyo.' Jin Wook says to Dong Wook who was busy eating. Dong Wook merely raised his eyebrow. 

'So you guys have been friends right? It's finally time for Dong Wook to think about settling down.' Jin Wook says childishly. 

'Aigoo, you're not married too, remember? You're not even dating. You'll end up alone if you keep eating here.' He says. 

'I'm a guest, don't use that tone with me.' Jin Wook says jokingly. 

Before, she was cooking for one, and somehow that's a bit sad once she thought about it. Sometimes she would eat outside, watching over her balcony to forget how alone she was. She wasn't lonely, of course, but it does get to you sometimes. All of those thoughts, like what if I die and nobody finds me here kind of thought. It was normal. And with three people eating her food, she felt warmer than ever. 

When they were done eating, they ate the apple pie with ice cream topped on it. 

'Song Ji Hyo-ssi, you are a goddess.' Jin Wook says as they all ate. 'I think I need to find myself a girlfriend, a good one that cooks.' 

'I can't wait for it.' Dong Wook says. 

Jin Wook bid goodbye after dinner, but he left having done the dishes too even if she said no. He insisted, since she cooked for him whole-heartedly. She liked him, he was easy to be around with. He's a bit of a chatty-cat too, and she knew why Jin Wook suited Dong Wook. Dong Wook went to the bathroom and took a shower since there were nothing to clean. She sat on the sofa, lazily, and she thought about the phone inside. 

Dong Wook wouldn't be the kind of person that would check her phone, right? 

Right?

Right.. 

Instead, she found herself rushing to the bedroom. Dong Wook sitting on the side of the bed, with her phone in her hands. It seemed like he had only been out of the bathroom, since he was still in his towel. 

'What are you doing, Dong Wook-ah?' She asked, taking her phone back. He was checking her Weibo and since she merely locked her phone, the last thing she was checking were there. There was a long silence between them, and when she couldn't handle it, she walked away aiming for the bedroom door. 

'Even if I'm in front of you, you'll never look at me the way you would with him, right?' He asked, his voice stern but it seemed like it's shaking. She turns to face him, and smiles. 

'I'm always looking at you, Dong Wook-ah.' She says. 

'But not the way you look at him.' He says. 

'Can you just, not mention him right now?' She asked him. 

'Why? I'm right, aren't I?' 

She hurriedly walked and faced him, standing in front of him.  'But I'm here. I'm here. Right now, I'm here. I'm not anywhere but here. I'm not with him, I'm not with anybody else, but I'm with you.' She held his face in her hand. 'I am committed, I am trying hard to forget Kwang Soo, so I can face you properly. I saw how hurt he was, and I'm bleeding because of it. So Dong Wook-ah, heal me please, because I don't want him to fill the spaces in my head anymore. I said yes, because I knew the odds. I calculated it, and I said yes to you. So please, please, heal me.' 

He held her, and naturally, he pulled her into his arms, forcing her to lie on the bed while he was on top of her. 

'Do you mean it?' He asked. 

'I'm still here, aren't I?' She says, smiling at him. She shuts her eyes while he placed his lips on top of hers. She wanted to forget, she couldn't keep running in circles anymore. Even when her body matched his heat, even then, her mind is drifting around, aimlessly, wondering if she really meant what the words she uttered.