Running For You

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

She went for a run at the park at five in the morning. She felt sick to her stomach all of a sudden and thought that she could use a run. She's been under a lot of stress, a lot of running through her head. Sometimes, she felt like she was light and without no problems at all, but then night time strikes; she can't sleep - thinking of the stress that's probably going to make her break out. Tonight's going to be the housewarming party. Deep in her heart, she loves the guys. They're idiots, most of the time, on camera and sometimes off. But they've been together for too long, they're family. Even Kwang Soo, her boyfriend's family to her. 

My boyfriend, she thought and laughed to herself. That's something I never thought I'd say. She thinks to herself. She took out her phone and clicked on the 'Runner' app, she's run about three kilometres, circling the park over and over again. It was quiet, empty; she sat down on the grass after cooling down. She has always liked exercising, it's the only way she could de-stress. There were some, like her, exercising in the early morning. She lies down and looks up to the bright sky. Dawn is coming soon, and even Kwang Soo does not know that she's here. He probably would have followed if he knew, since he doesn't like her roaming around alone at night, well any guy wouldn't. But he only came back from work at two a.m., he was tired and probably still dead asleep. She crosses her legs whle she looks around. She thinks about a lot of things. She wonders about how the media is going to take it, how everyone's going to take it, that she left Lee Dong Wook in a heartbreak for Kwang Soo, the tall, gangly man that she loves. She thought how scary it is, but then thought it's all worth it. It's for him, isn't it. She went back to the tracks and ran some more, until her heart could not take it. 

She went back home, their home. She took a quick shower and crept back into bed; probably pretending that she has always been there the whole entire night. She can't sleep, she's too awake now from all the running she has done. But then Kwang Soo turns, touches her face. 'Where have you been?' He asked, in the calmest, most assuring voice she has ever heard from him. 

'I've been running.' She says, in all honesty. 

'Did you have a good run?' He asks, his thumbs circling on her cool face. 

'I did actually, thank you for asking.' 

'Are you scared?' He asks. 'You run when you're scared.' 

She raised her eyebrows. 'How did you know that?' 

'I noticed.' He says. 'And you're running much more often when you're with me.' He says, his voice somber. She crept into him, closer, she could smell the traces of his cologne; and herself too. Her head pressed onto his chest, she closes her eyes. 

'That's because I want us to last. I'm running for you, and for me. I'm running for the both of us. So this lasts, and that I don't run away out of fright.' She says, simply, she was getting tired. Every time he's close, she feels like going to sleep. Like how a cat sleeps on their back because they're comfortable and thinks that they're armslength from danger? She feels like she's like that, that was how comfortable she was with him. 

His large hand, lightly her head. Slowly, they both drown themselves in sleep. 

 

 

Everything was prepared, all done. Lee Kwang Soo walks into the room, catching Song Ji Hyo in front of the mirror; all dressed and beautiful. He wraps his arm around her, resting his head on her shoulder. The smell of the faint perfume on her. Every time he looks at her, it feels like a constant surprise. That was how he loved her. 

'You look nice.' He says. 'The coal is all ready and heated up.' He says. It would be impossible for a housewarming party without any bulgogi. They bought the most expensive piece of cuts that they could, and an abundant amount of them. She turns and faces him. 

'You look nice too.' She says. He looked, well, decent. A pale blue shirt that she bought for him and a pair of skinny jeans. It made him look longer, but still, hotter. Slowly, she went onto her toes and kissed him. He wrapped his arm around her, leans down and kisses her whole-heartedly. Intense, strong lips, how she would describe his kisses. It felt like the first time they kissed. She could taste the desperation on his lips. 

'What's wrong?' She asked, when their lips parted. 

'Nothing is.' He says, but you could see the worry, visibly painted on his face. 

'You're worried. Why?' 

He sighs. 'Don't you remember, the last time you had a party?' He asked. She sighs. 

'Are you talking about...?' She assumes. It seems like she was right. The dinner party. She touches his cheeks and drags him closer to her. 'Lee Kwang Soo-ssi, let go of the past. You..' She says, she kisses his cheeks. The right, then the left. 'Are nobody but mine. No one's going to take me away from you. I am never, ever, never ever, going to let you go. You hear me?' She says, a stern voice comes out of her. 

'Do you promise?' He asks. She takes his hand, kissed the top of it. 

'I promise.' She says. She takes him into her arms, like a child. She forgot, if it would have been hard for her, then it would have been hard for him to. Relationships don't come in ones, they come in twos. Right that second, she understood how they both mean to each other. Whatever she wanted was what he wanted too. It's like she finally understood, they were all made in two.