Work of Art

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: I'm sorry if I am able to update only one episode today, but I'm cramping right now and it hurts when I sit up, so much apologies to all of you readers. I'll try my best to reach your reputation as your author-nim. Much love xox

 

His kisses were always a delight to her, and most of the time somehow a surprise. Nobody could actually top the way Lee Kwang Soo gives out his kisses. His eyes closed, his lips soft, and his fingers playing through her hair. His kisses; felt like home. It was almost too comfortable. 

When their lips parted, Lee Kwang Soo bravely looked at her. Her red cheeks had turned him red also. He cleared his throat, somehow he wanted to apologize; but he didn't. She did not have enough of it, she leans again and goes in deeply. She was drowning in him, almost as if she was floating. That was what he meant to her. Entangled and immersed in it, her hand clasped; touching his cheeks. How lovely, she says. How lovely he is. 

He lets go, and sits back down. A long, but comfortable silence is between them. They don't even know whether they should continue eating. Lee Kwang Soo broke the silence. 

'Noona, do you like me?' He says, without even thinking. 

She smiles. 'I'm thinking about it.' She says, playfully. 

'I hope you do.' He says. 

'Don't you worry, Kwang Soo, I will.; She says. 'I meant it, every word I said.' 

'I like you, noona, a lot.' He says. Song Ji Hyo stares at him, she wonders what should she do with him. That heart, should never be broken. Even if he has dated people in the past; or has slept with more people that he could could count with his fingers. She didn't care. Lee Kwang Soo's heart, does not deserve to be broken. Not after she has known him like this, knowing how desperately he wanted her to stay by his kiss. 

But she couldn't admit it, she couldn't admit it now. She can't say it yet, that she's already taken by him. 

X

Song Ji Hyo looked around his place. It wasn't as if she has never been here before, but she has never looked at it with the way that he looks at his apartment. She doesn't know why it was so comfortable to him, why it was designed the way it is. But she tries to decode everything, she tries to understand. In that way, she wanted to understand him too. 

Then she went into a room that was not his bedroom. Fond of Star Wars, he had a lot of model figures. That made him kind of cute too, made him lovable in someway. But what made her feel much more intrigued was that there was a canvas in the middle of the room, and it seemed like he was trying to draw a figure with paint. Cans of oil paint on the floor, dried up brushes uncleaned on a palette. She looked at the other paintings, a lot motives from nature. He had talent, if he wouldn't have been a celebrity, he would have been an artist; she says to herself. She sat in front of the painting, trying to figure out what he was thinking when he painted it. The colours were bright, pastel colours were used, it was a silhoutte of someone when she finally realized it. She was not into art, but she has known Lee Kwang Soo. He might not be such an openbook after all. He came into the room after putting the delivery's empty bowls outside to be picked up. 

'What are you doing, noona?' He says as soon as he came in. 

She stood. 'I like your paintings.' She says. 'It's beautiful.' She comments. His face turned red. 

'I'm not really good at it, I used to draw doodles but I think I'm trying to get the hang of it now.' He answers. 

'What were you trying to draw?' 

He didn't answer, but just stared at her. 

She finally looked at him. She raised her eyebrows, 'Hm?' 

'I was trying to draw you, noona.' He says. He took the canvas and tried to hide it behind other paintings. 

'Why were you trying to draw me, Kwang Soo-ya?' She asked, calmly. Trying to not squeal. Well she was a girl after all. 

He couldn't hide his smile. 'Because to me, you're like art. Unpredictable, beautiful.'