Going Home

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

Ji Eun was surprisingly nice to him after the incident. He came by her apartment a lot. Her apartment was a simple studio with minimal furnishing. She had only just moved there, it was a nice quiet neighborhood. You could say that there are barely anybody in the building. But the surrounding was kept clean and the neighbors mostly keep to themselves. The view from her place is of the Han River. Lee Kwang Soo sat on her veranda, wondering when would it be alright for him to leave? Song Ji Hyo must have been waiting. However she was not the suspicious type. If he said it was about work, she would never get suspicious. To her, work was work. And they were in the same line so she understands. Since she's pregnant, she doesn't have much to do but just appearances. Her baby bump was showing, she's not really trying to hide it or anything but it does means less jobs. 

It was burdensome, but she was okay with it eventually. 

'You're awake.' Song Ji Eun says,  leaning on his 'boyfriend's shoulder, kissing his neck. 'Come back to bed.' She says innocently. 

'I think I have to go home.' He utters. 

'Go home to where? To her?' 

He nods softly. He placed his hand on her cheeks. 'Oppa's going, alright?' He says. 

'Can't you stay a bit longer?' She asked him, her eyes pressed on her shoulders. Beneath all that crap, Ji Eun had charisma and little by little, you can see a few slithers of kindness in her. Lee Kwang Soo cannot really blame her. All he can do is wait for her to move on with her life, to leave him behind. She's exceptionally pretty, of course someone would like her. 

'Just another hour, then oppa's going okay?' He says, and she quietly shakes her head. She climbed on top of him, all he could do was wrap his arms around her. He wonders what Song Ji Hyo was doing. Could she sense it? Could she feel that her future husband is in the arms of another woman?

Ji Eun was much more possessive than Ji Hyo is. Whatever she does, she would try to latch him on her - so tightly that he had no means to let her go. Something that they had in common was that she paints too, just like him. Since being with Ji Hyo, he hasn't painted much. 

'Oppa, paint me something.' She says after pulling him into the living room, piles of canvas and cans of paint on the floor laid on a piece of white canvas cloth. Like those types you can find on a yacht. The studio was not particularly big, but it was big enough to fit that much. Every time Ji Eun painted, her forehead would wrinkle and would be closed shut, a pucker would form. To Kwang Soo, in that point is she the prettiest. But Lee Kwang Soo was not the type to sell out compliments. He wouldn't do that, what they have is purely physical. Any emotional attachment would be dangerous. 

This is temporary. It is only temporary. 

When Lee Kwang Soo came back to the house, it was already nine o' clock. Food was prepared out in the open, but Song Ji Hyo was sleeping on the couch. She probably fell asleep. Her stomach bulging, Lee Kwang Soo touched it softly. All he could feel is how sorry he is. With her eyes closed, Song Ji Hyo touched his hand. That gave him a little scare. 

'Where have you been, Kwang Soo-ah? I made dinner. Your phone was off.' 

'Sorry my phone ran out of battery, I left my powerbank. The shoot went a bit late.' He says. 'I'm sorry I didn't tell you.'

'Are you sure you didn't went around, chasing mini skirts?' She asked, with a suspicious look on her face. His face went pale. If somebody pricked a needle on his face, no drop of blood would pour surely. But then she laughs. 'I'm just kidding, of course. You wouldn't do that to me. Let's eat. I'm hungry. The baby wouldn't let me eat unless you're here with me.' Song Ji Hyo tugged onto Kwang Soo's body, helping herself up. 

He kissed her cheeks, her forehead, then a small peck on her lips. She ruffled her hand through his hair. 'I love you.' She says. 

'Why?' He asks. 

'Because you make me feel like the happiest girl on Earth.' She says. 'And for that I am eternally grateful.' She gives him a thin smile. 'I love you, baby.' 

'I love you too. Nobody but you.'