(OS) Fairy dust on sad days

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Fairy dust on sad days
-ANONYMOUS

 

 

The first meeting took place on a Monday.

"Can I help you?" Her voice broke halfway through the short sentence, having not spoken since ordering her coffee an hour ago.

The petite woman, who had appeared so quietly almost like a ghost on the other side of the table, blankly stared back at her, only moving to wipe some white powder-y substance off the side of her face.
Although feeling uncomfortable with the eyes mapping her whole being, she chose to ignore the peculiar person and go back to the book she was enjoying only a moment ago.

She extended her hand to grab her cup of coffee, never taking her eyes of the words describing a awfully romantic moment between two people who are only supposed to be friends. Though she's not complaining as she prefers Glinda over Fiyero. The fullness of the cup which had previously been half empty went past her as she was immersed in the story. She took a sip of the beverage, smiling contently at the warmth trickling down her torso and settling in her stomach, she missed the responding smile which appeared on the face of the woman still sitting across from her.

Finishing the chapter, she closed the book and looked up to find the weird woman gone.

Relief.

---

The second meeting took place two weeks after the first.

After ordering her drink, Tiffany turned around on the bar stool, planning to look over the sea of people dancing. Instead, she got a shock as she was met with dark brown orbs staring right at her.

She almost threw the drink back at the bartender as she recognized the eyes' owner as the strange woman from two weeks earlier. Once again, she asked if she could be of assistant to anything. "Maybe a phone number to a mental hospital?" She obviously didn't say that, but it made for an amusing thought.

Later in the night, she was approached by one of the bartenders. He put down a drink in front of her, along with a note, claiming that it was from a woman at the bar. He pointed her out after Tiffany questioned as to which woman he was referring to. As he walked back to his post, her friends, who has listened in on the convo started gushing about "oh my gosh, how cute!" the woman was and "are you gonna go talk to her?"

She admitted that "Yes, she's cute." adding in her head "More so from afar" and said that she would think about it.

When her friends stopped pestering her she took a glance at the note that had accompanied the delicious beverage.

"Please accept this drink as an apology
for almost making you spill your own.
p.s. You're really pretty."

Tiffany couldn't help but to feel flattered as well as bewildered. As she looked towards the bar, the woman was gone.

Disappointment.

---

The third meeting was at the same café as the first meeting.

Tiffany has been frequenting the café every Monday for the past three months. It's located in a quieter neighborhood and she enjoy the comfy atmosphere. Four months, and this was the first time she noticed the pasty chef running back and forth through the kitchen door and out behind the counter, stocking the pastries and cakes.

It's also now that she can identify said person has the seemingly mute woman whom she so far has met twice.

A barista blocks her view, putting down her order in front of her.

Al bait annoyed, she doesn't forget her manners. "Thank you." Daddy always said to be polite after all.
Carefully lifting the cup of steaming hot tea to her lips, she blew at the content before taking a sip. As she started putting the cup back down, she noticed a note on the plate that accompanied the cup.

"I work here.
I swear I'm not stalking you.
I hope you're not hungover from yesterday.
p.s. I like your new hairstyle."

She lets out a giggle, unconsciously combing her fingers through her newly cut hair.

Content.

---

It was at the fourth meeting that the woman once again sat in front of her.

Tiffany studied the woman over the brim of the Victorian romance novel in her hands. As interesting as the relationship between Sue and Maud is, Tiffany can't help but to give in to her eyes' request to read the woman in front of her instead.

She's wearing the same t-shirt as the rest of the workers, except hers is way too large for her petite frame. Thoughts like "It looks adorable, though." echoes in her head.

"Taeyeon, your break is over!" The man who usually serves Tiffany shouts towards their table. The woman, whom she finally knows the name of, looks up from her notebook that she had been scribbling in nonstop since she sat down.

Tiffany watched her rip a page out of it while hastily standing up, making the chair screech at the friction with the floor.
Their gazes met as Taeyeon handed her the paper, then walking away from Tiffany's stunned face.

"Roses are red, violets are blue
Give me a chance, and I'll
Wait, isn't that incorrect? I mean, the name violets would indicate the flower is actually... violet.
Never mind, I'm not a poet...
I get off work at 4 pm, if you want to hang out.
This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter