UNKNOWN PART II

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

UNKNOWN PART II
 

 

 

“Please turn me into a vampire.”





She looks at me, her eyes wide after wiping away the tears from earlier.



“Y-you want me to turn you into a vampire?” she asks me, almost as if she didn’t believe what I had just said.





I nod.





“B-but why? You said it yourself that it’s hard to just give up everything. So, why?”





“I know I said that it would be hard. But it doesn’t mean I won’t try.”





“You have so much to live for,” she says, almost a whisper.





“But I won’t be nearly as happy if I didn’t have you.”





‘Whoa, this is really starting to sound like Twilight.’ I shudder at the thought of having to play Bella, especially since Kristen Stewart had done such a poor job at it. (Her scene where she tells Edward to kiss her comes to mind. I shudder yet again.)





Her eyes start to wander everywhere. She can’t look at me. It’s like she doesn’t know how to. I pray hard that nothing will happen and I reach out my hands to cup her face. I feel her relax a little but she still isn’t looking at me.





“Hey,” she looks at me shakily and looks away before looking back at me.



“Calm down.” She holds her gaze on me but her eyes still show signs of fear.



“I won’t bite,” I tell her, in an attempt to joke. She smiles a little. Success!





“I know. I’m afraid that I would.”





I smile at her. “I trust you.”





I lean in and gently press my lips against hers. I feel her stiffen up at first, but she relaxes after a while and gently pushes back, responding to the kiss. After pulling away, I smile at her again.





“Now that wasn’t so bad now was it?”





She smiles at me, her eyes disappearing. I miss her smile. I grab onto her hand and pull her with me.





“Let’s go for a walk.”





I can tell that she’s still worried. I can see it in her eyes. I squeeze her hand, reassuring her that she will be fine and lace our fingers. We end up walking until we reach the park where she first saved me. We sit down on a bench nearby and watch as the little children run and play happily at the playground.





“You know,” she turns to look at me. I continue to watch the children play.



“Growing up, I’ve watched quite a bit of romance movies since my mom’s quite the romance junkie.”





She giggles. I feel my heart flutter at the sound of it. I suddenly start to wonder if her heart flutters like mine.





“In those movies, one of the main characters would always give up everything that they have worked so hard for, just for that one person.”



“I always thought that it was illogical for them to do so. After all, they have worked so hard to get to where they were, why would they throw it all away so easily? And for a certain amount of time, I was so sure that I would never be like that.”





I can see her expression falling a little from my peripheral vision. I turn to look at her, my gaze softening.





“But then I met you.”





She smiles back at me and squeezes our still intertwined hands. I turn back to the playground and see a child who has fallen from the swing, crying.





“When I met you, I realized that out of all the things we work hard for,”





The mother of the fallen child rushes over and gingerly picks her up before holding her child close to her. She pats the child’s head and whispers words of comfort. The child stops crying and clings on to the mother, dearly. I smile at the sight.





“Another’s love is what we work for the most.”





Tiffany turns to look in the direction that I am and she smiles as well at the affection the mother is showing to her child. I turn to look at her again and she looks at me.





“I understand now, how those people are so willing to throw everything else away just for one person.”





She smiles at me again but her smile looks a little bitter.



“I’m glad that you would. But I don’t want you to. You have so much to lose. And we’re too young to be deciding on forever.”





I had prepared myself for this. I knew that she wasn’t going to agree to my proposal that easily.



“It is true that we’re still young and neither of us is capable of seeing into the future, but all I know is that I’m willing to work hard, harder than I ever have, to make this work between us. I just can’t be without you.”





She sighs a little.



“I’m just as willing to as you are. But it’s not that easy.”





“Then let’s make it easier.”





She shakes her head.



“I need permission to change you.”





“Then let’s go see your parents now,” I say, a bit too eagerly and stand up.





She pulls me back down.



“I haven’t seen my parents since I was born. None of us have.”





I frown slightly.



“Then who has been taking care of you guys?”





“We were given a caretaker, a trustworthy friend of our parents.”





“You guys all live under the same roof?”





She nods.





“So let’s go and ask your caretaker then.”





She shakes her head.



“When we started our first year of high school, the caretaker left us. She told us that it was time for us to begin taking care of ourselves so she left. But she left one of us in charge. Someone who makes all the decisions.”





“And who might that be?”





“The oldest one out of all of us.”





I frown again.



“I’m sorry but that’s not very helpful since I don’t know when your birthdays are.”





“We don’t know either but..” she swallows the lump in . She seems to be afraid.





“But?”





“But we were told that Jessica was the first to be born, making her the oldest.”





I freeze. Jessica. Of all the people…or well, vampires, it has to be Jessica. There’s no way she’d approve of me becoming a vampire. But I try to hide my fear.





“We’ll go and ask her then.”





She looks at me, worry shrouding her eyes. I smile at her, reassuringly.



“Don’t worry, I’m a big girl. I’m sure I can handle talking to a vampire without getting bitten or beaten up.”





She smiles a little at my witty comment but she still looks worried.





“Is she at home now?”





She looks at the direction where we came from and closes her eyes. My eyebrows knit a little in curiosity. What is she doing? After a moment, she opens her eyes and looks back at me. She nods. I gulp, and pull at her hand.





“Let’s go then.”







***







“No,” Jessica says, her nose scrunched up for some reason.





“But I haven’t even said anything yet! And why are you scrunching up your nose like that?” I ask her.





“Well if you’re going to come straight to me in our home, with your hand in Tiffany’s, it definitely can’t be something that I would want to approve of. And you smell bad, that’s why,” she explains nonchalantly and continues to read her book.





I let go of Tiffany’s hand and frown before sniffing my clothes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter