Oversight: II. Cognizance

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Oversight: II. Cognizance

 

 

Waking up in a lonely weekend morning, Tiffany heaved a sigh as she examined the empty space beside her. The emptiness proved that Taeyeon didn't return home ever since she ran out of the house last night. Knowing Taeyeon these years, she's probably out there having fun with her friends in order to release her anger or discontentment. Who wouldn't need some sort of distractions when their dispute was a catastrophe? Thinking that Jessica might be included in Taeyeon's group of friends, Tiffany regretted arguing with the older girl, because she is indirectly pushing Taeyeon toward another person. Tiffany knew she should have faith in her girlfriend, because they have been together for years and Taeyeon have never done anything unfaithful at all.

Taeyeon may have all of Tiffany's trust, but definitely not the girl that may be a threat to their bond. After all, her adorable girlfriend is a friendly and attractive person that anyone can fall for.

Although Tiffany doesn't know Jessica or even considered her as a friend, she has met the latter a few times at Taeyeon's workplace whenever she visited. She can sense the interests that the other Korean American has for her short lover every time Tiffany sees the duo interact with one another. Tiffany always informed Taeyeon about her discovery, but the older girl doesn't seem to take her seriously and disregarded her instinct. Whenever Taeyeon responded to Jessica's flirtation, Tiffany would want to interfere and proclaim that Taeyeon is only Tiffany Hwang's property and no one else can change that fact. But Tiffany never makes such a move, because she doesn't want to embarrass Taeyeon in front of her coworkers.

It wouldn't have been this bothersome if Taeyeon maintained a certain distance with Jessica just to assure Tiffany that everything is just unrequited. Now that things are caught in a tough situation, Tiffany dreads that Taeyeon might actually consider a separation. Truthfully, Tiffany doesn't want that to happen at all, but based on how Taeyeon had changed over time, Tiffany might actually want it as well. She can't possibly hold onto someone that doesn't love her as much as she used to and doesn't even appreciate her anymore.

Amidst of drifting back to sleep on a free and lazy morning, the doorbell rung, causing the Korean American to get out of bed. Dragging herself to the front, Tiffany yawned a few times before she actually reached the door. Although she hasn't checked herself in the mirror beforehand, Tiffany doesn't have the motivation or interest in cleaning up when she's currently going through such a disheartened conflict with her girlfriend.

With her eyes barely opened, Tiffany greeted the person standing outside of the apartment. "Good morning," she stated mindlessly with her head low, oblivious of whom it actually was.

"Are you unwell? What's with the laziness, young lady? I could use some help with these," she stated, lifting up the grocery bags that she brought along.

Realizing who this voice belonged to; Tiffany quickly stood up straight and greeted the older person more appropriately this time. "Good morning, auntie. I didn't know it was you. I'm terribly sorry," she said, attaining some plastic bags from the latter.

The elderly woman let out a small chortle before stepping inside the apartment. "It's fine, dear. No need to apologize. I understand how youngsters are lazy with greetings nowadays," she smiled warmly while Tiffany closed the door. "Where is Taeyeon? Is she at work already?"

"She's—I don't know..." Tiffany stated lowly, trying to avoid Taeyeon's mother's questioning gazes when the topic regards her girlfriend. "She didn't come home last night..."

"Did you two have an argument?" Mrs. Kim asked concernedly, taking the extra bags from the younger girl and put them on the kitchen's counter.

Tiffany bit her bottom lips hesitantly and remained silence about her quarrel with Taeyeon. "It's actually fine. Couples always have arguments anyway." She tried to form a deceiving smile, but with her current condition, it's hard to turn a frown upside down.

"Why don't you go wash up while I make you something to eat and then we'll talk about it, all right?" she suggested, earning a slight nod from the muted girl.

Tiffany complied with the elder's request and went to perform her daily morning routines while Mrs. Kim is in charge of the kitchen. Taeyeon's mother has always treated Tiffany like her own child ever since Taeyeon decided to bring her home one day. Although Tiffany found Taeyeon's family weird at first due to their enthusiasm with a lot of things, she thought it was rather cute in a sense once they get along together.

"Do you need any help?" Tiffany asked when she stepped out of the restroom and saw the elderly woman still in the kitchen.

"Yeah, help me eat all of these," she smiled, setting a large plate of pancakes on the counter as the Korean American took a seat on a stool. "I thought you would like something more Americanized for a change, since Taeyeon mentioned how much you reminisce the days when you're still living in California."

"Really? She said that?" Tiffany asked curiously while pouring some syrup on top of the soft contents.

"There are a lot of things that child doesn't tell you," Mrs. Kim stated, taking a seat in front of the younger one and observed how dejected Tiffany has gotten with her remark. "But it doesn't mean she doesn't love you."

Surprised by elder woman's response, Tiffany looked up and seeks for a better elaboration.

"Taeyeon really loves you, dear," she smiled, reaching for the stilled girl's hand and assured her that everything is going to be fine soon. "And our family really loves you too. You're just like another family member to us."

"I don't think we will last much longer... My presence isn't important to her anymore. Everything has changed recently..." Tiffany replied, getting more depressed as they carried on with this topic regarding the missing person.

"Since the day Taeyeon brought you home, I knew you're going to be her final decision. You're the first person she ever brought home. I will only approve you as my daughter-in-law and no one else can take that place. I won't allow any other girl besides you entering the Kim's household," Mrs. Kim assured, bringing a faint smile upon the Korean American's dull expression. "Just have some faith in Taeyeon."

"I did, but things still don't seem to work out in the end," Tiffany admitted, furrowing her eyebrows as each past arguments flashed in her head.

"Look, you can't always make things hard for her. You need to let her have a breather every now and then to make things less tense between you two."

"I really tried my hardest to mend things, but she's the one that's neglecting what we'd developed," Tiffany reasoned, still upset by how Taeyeon behaved the day before. "She doesn't care how I think. I'm not even sure what we have is still considered as love anymore. It just seems so messed up."

"Don't ever say that, sweetheart." Mrs. Kim defended her daughter once again and even considered informing the Korean American something that shouldn't have been told. "I shouldn't be telling you this, but knowing it won't cause any harm, perhaps you should know."

"Oppa, do you know any places that are hiring?" Taeyeon asked as the entire family is gathered together in the living room after dinner.

"Well, I heard my friend said this new restaurant is recruiting trainees before their grand opening. You can try that out," he informed, taking a seat on one of the couch and began feasting on the sliced fruits.

"Really? Give me the info!" Taeyeon requested excitedly, slumping down beside her beloved brother and shook him for a wanted respond

"Sure, I'll give you the details by tomorrow."

"You're in need of money, dear? Why don't you just ask me if it's an emergency?" Mrs. Kim asked when she overheard her children's conversation after returning from doing the dishes.

"Everything is fine. It's about time I get myself a job. I can't always rely on my parents for money when I need it. Besides, now that I have a girlfrien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter