(OS) Since Then, Until Now

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Since Then, Until Now
-MAEUMI

 

 

She sat next to the window, having a clear view at the bundle of fluffy white clouds in the pale blue sky. Just another couple of hours and the airplane will take landing and she's going to be back in Seoul after all these years. Tiffany wonder if anything had changed after her departure. After her determination to leave this hurtful place after her heartbreak, she disregarded any possible contact with anyone in Seoul. It wasn't done wholeheartedly because she fears that if she accepts any of her calls, then she would immediately regret leaving and broad the fastest plane back to Seoul the instance she hear her voice.

---

"Fany ah~" Taeyeon chirped cheerfully as she turns to her side and smile at the latter. "I have something to tell you."

"What is it? You seemed pretty excited," she smiled back. Taeyeon's smiles always make her smile in return.

"I'm going out with someone," Taeyeon grinned.

"Oh..." Her smile quickly disappeared at the thought of visualizing Taeyeon in a relationship with someone. "Who is it?" She tried to put on a deceivable smile.

"Narsha unnie," Taeyeon chanted gleefully.

"When did you two got together..?" Tiffany looks down at the ground, not wanting her contented friend to see her depressed expression.

"Last night~" Taeyeon's eyes twinkle as she went on with her story, oblivious of how discontented the latter was because of her.

"I'm happy for you." She tried to put on the best smile she could, but deep inside, her heart is already shattered into pieces and blew away by the wind.

---

Each day Tiffany has to witness the sweetness between this couple, Taeyeon and Narsha. Lunch break used to be only them two, but now, there's an extra and unwanted person. She doesn't like the fact that Taeyeon devoted all her attention to Narsha, but then again, she is Taeyeon's girlfriend after all. There was no particular reason for Tiffany to prevent Narsha from joining them. Since she can't do anything about it, Tiffany chose to avoid this couple to reduce the heartache that's increasing each and every day. Even though Tiffany is reluctant whenever she reject an offer from Taeyeon, but being present with these two lovebirds is more heartbreaking than sulking in misery alone.

Months have passed and they're already at their final year in high school. But there is something different than the other three years because this year Tiffany isn't going to attend nor will she be in Seoul. She has decided to accept her father's offer and leave this hurtful place as the one she loves belonged to someone else now. Even though she can hope someday Taeyeon will part from Narsha, but by the progress of their relationship, they won't be separating anytime soon, which deducted another reason for Tiffany to stay and win Taeyeon over. It took her a lot of courage and determination to decide to leave without informing any of her friends, especially Taeyeon.

---

Tiffany took off her shades as she look from side to side at the trafficked road for an accessible taxi. When spotted one, she stretches her arm and flaps her hand to gain the driver's attention. As the taxi driver help Tiffany place her suitcase in the trunk, she waits patiently inside the vehicle. After the latter had finished that simple task, he returns to his pose and ask for the customer's destination. Since Tiffany hasn't been in Seoul for seven years, the hotel was her only option to find shelter. Along the quiet voyage, Tiffany kept her eyes at the moving scenarios outside the window. Nothing much has changed since her absence, but another thought crossed her mind.

Taeyeon...

Tiffany wonders how her old friend has been doing all these years. Thinking about her actions and decision when she was younger makes her laugh at her childishness. She shouldn't have left without saying a word to someone who was very important to her and still is up to today. Her life was filled with many regrets as she recalls all the things she wishes she had done and say. But now things may not or may never be the way how it was before she left.

First, Tiffany dropped by a hotel to settle her luggage before taking the same cab and drive around Seoul. She went to the same places that she used to associate with Taeyeon before. Walking reminiscently from one location to another as images of their young self appear in her mind. These places brought back memories. Good and bad memories that only belonged to the both of them...

"Miyoung?" Tiffany turns around quickly upon hearing her birth name being called. "You've changed," she smiled.

Tiffany couldn't believe that she was the first person to meet again after her return. "It's been a long while, Mrs. Kim." She greeted, bowing politely at the elder.

"When is such formality used between us?" Mrs. Kim smiled. "I prefer you calling me auntie Kim better."

---

"I'm telling you, he would be extremely happy to see you again."

"I'm really excited to see uncle Kim too," Tiffany smiled as she follows Mrs. Kim to the Kim's eyeglasses shop.

Along the way, Tiffany hesitates to ask about Taeyeon, whom she was desperate to know about her whereabouts. "Uhm...how's Taeyeon lately..?" she asked quietly.

Tiffany observes as Mrs. Kim's eyebrows came together when Taeyeon is being mentioned. "I don't know what's going through that child's head...aish..."

"What happened?" Tiffany asked as she became concerned about Taeyeon's condition upon Mrs. Kim's change of disposition.

"That kid has been hiding in her room ever since she broke up with that Narsha."

"They broke up?" Tiffany became more curious and interested as she seeks for more information. "What happened?"

"It turned out that Narsha was two-timing on my poor child," she sighed.

Tiffany pats Mrs. Kim's shoulder as she tries to hold in her anger from surfacing. She knew from the beginning that something like this might happen. Narsha was known as a player, but Taeyeon still got sealed under her spell. At first, Tiffany thought Narsha would change because of Taeyeon, but she was wrong. If she knew this would've happen since the beginning, then she would've been able to be by her crush's side and comfort her when this incident occurred. Now, Tiffany is even more eager to see her friend after what she has heard.

When they reached the Kim's shop, Tiffany had a short greeting with Taeyeon's father before rushing to check on her friend. Like what Mrs. Kim had said, Taeyeon had hid herself in her room. She was sitting by the edge of the bed with her knees brought to her chest and her face is buried in her arms with only her eyes revealing. Her eyes were focused on the carpeted floor without blinking. It made Tiffany's heart ache as she sees Taeyeon in such state. Tiffany gradually makes her way toward her despondent friend. She bends down on her knees as she gained a better view on the latter. Taeyeon didn't move nor react to having someone in front of her because she was too lost in her own thoughts.

"TaeTae..." Taeyeon's ear perked as she heard her nickname being called and it was only personalized by one person she knows in her entire lifetime.

Her eyes blinked for the first time since Tiffany's entrance and they slowly find its way toward the latter's. "Fany..?" she muttered above a whisper. "You're back..."

"Yeah..." she smiled brightly, trying to lighten Taeyeon's mood. "I just came back today."

Taeyeon didn't utter a word as her friend continues sharing her encounters and events that happened after her departure. The more she hears from the younger woman, the more she gets frustrated. Without giving the latter a warning, Taeyeon stood up and grab Tiffany's wrist and drag her toward the open doorway. Tiffany was thrown out of Taeyeon's room and the door was immediately slammed afterward. She stares blankly at the closed door and recall her friend's sudden and abrupt actions. It was just a moment ago that she was happily sharing some of her experiences with her best friend, but without any particular reasons, she was thrown out of Taeyeon's room.

"I haven't seen her react like that since her breakup with Narsha." Tiffany look to her side as Mrs. Kim stood beside her. "I think you'll be able to help her recover from this heartbreak."

"Me?"

---

Tiffany's eyes grew wider as more and more information is registered in her head. She couldn't believe Taeyeon was furious about her sudden departure. Who wouldn't be when your best friend left without leaving a single word or note behind?

"Taeyeon and Narsha even got into many arguments because Taeyeon wouldn't stop mentioning about you." Mrs. Kim stated jokingly. "If others don't know any better, it seemed like you broke up with her instead."

The thought of Narsha getting jealous because of her made Tiffany contented, but she quickly erase the thought when this isn't the time to fantasize. "So...what can I do to help her..? Taeyeon is mad at me now... She doesn't even want to see me by how she treated me just now..." Tiffany stated dejectedly.

"The best way to cure a broken heart is to quickly get into a new relationship," Mrs. Kim grinned. "I think you're the best person for this task."

"Wh--what?"

"I know you have a little thing for my daughter back then, Miyoung."

Tiffany looks down on her laps shyly. "Re--really? Am I that obvious?"

"Of course, only someone as oblivious as Taeyeon can't tell the difference from how you treated her." Mrs. Kim reaches for Tiffany's hand before continuing. "Fany ah...if Taeyeon were to be in a new relationship...I wish that you'd be her other half. I've always treated you like my own daughter since the day Taeyeon brought you home," she smiled.

"Auntie..."

"Unless you don't like our Taeyeon anymore..."

"No!" Tiffany answered quickly, causing Taeyeon's mother to giggle at her abruptness. "What am I going to do anyway..? Look at how enraged she was..."

Mrs. Kim became silent for a moment before an idea appeared on her mind. "I've got an idea! But first we have to get rid of Taeyeon's resentment towards you and then we can proceed to this plan."

---

Tiffany stood in front of Taeyeon's door as she carries a tray with both of her hands. This would be the first step into curing Taeyeon's heart and make her accept a new relationship. One of her hand is loosely formed into a fist as it rise up in midair while her other hand held onto the aluminum tray securely. Tiffany emits an anxious breath before making the first knock.

No response.

Another few knock was made, but it had the same result as the first few attempts. "TaeTae, I made you some food. Please open the door..." Tiffany pleaded as nothing was heard from inside. "Please...if you're mad at me, at least tell me why..."

Tiffany's voice muffled through the thick wooden door as it got transferred to Taeyeon's ears. Taeyeon crutches her knees tightly as the pain and anger that she experience became unbearable. She had once thought that their friendship is filled with honesty and trust for each other, but Tiffany's departure had proved her wrong.

---

The older woman rolled her eyes when her girlfriend was occupied with the phone in her hand instead of paying interest in her. She pulls Taeyeon's sleeves to gain her attention, but it was only for a quick few seconds before Taeyeon redialed the same number for the many times they've been seated.

"Kim Taeyeon!" Narsha couldn't tolerate the latter's negligence anymore. "I'm your girlfriend, not her!"

"What?" Taeyeon close her phone and place it on the table. "What are you talking about? Tiffany is just my friend."

"Then why are you so worried?" Narsha crossed her arms and lean back against her seat.

"Wouldn't you be worried if your friend hasn't been in school for days?"

"From the way I see it, she seemed more like your girlfriend than me!"

"You're being irrational." Taeyeon stood up from her seat and gather her belongings. "I'm gonna go check Tiffany's house. Stop getting jealous over something insignificant."

"Kim Taeyeon, get back here!" Taeyeon ignored her girlfriend's rant and left the cafe.

---

Taeyeon continues to dial Tiffany's number as she walks to her friend's house hastily. Each missed call that is added, made her more worried then the previous calls. Tiffany has never rejected a call from Taeyeon for more than three times. If only Taeyeon would've check on her friend when she was absent in school for the past week. Her time was occupied by Narsha and assignments that she has been an inconsiderate friend. The thought of anything misfortune happening to Tiffany made Taeyeon ran for her life. She dash one block after another as she's determined to get to her companion's house.

Finally, the sight of Tiffany's house came to view and her speed quickens again. She quickly burst through the fence and ran up the front porch. Her finger kept pressing the round button nonstop, hoping for someone to open the door soon. After a couple of minutes, Taeyeon walk off the porch and look up at Tiffany's closed window. The room was dark and stilled that it made her even more worried.

"Fany ah!" She screamed on top of her lungs, hoping someone will respond from inside, but there was no one. "Hwang Miyoung!" She screamed louder after each shout.

Feeling that is getting sore, Taeyeon stopped for a moment to rest a bit before she start screaming again. Devastated with the outcome, Taeyeon pick up a pebble on the mowed grass and threw it at the window pane. Not willing to give up, Taeyeon ran back to the doorbell again. One hand is busily pressing the button continuously while the other is calling her friend on the phone.

"I would save some energy if I were you, young lady." Taeyeon turn toward the direction of the anonymous voice and look at him confusingly. "They moved three days ago."

"Pardon?" Taeyeon asked, trying to confirm what she heard is incorrect.

"The Hwang family moved," He repeated and went back to his house, leaving Taeyeon in bewilderment.

"Mo--moved..?" She repeated in disbelief.

---

Ever since that fateful day, whenever the name Tiffany is mentioned in front of Taeyeon, all sorts of emotions will surround

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter