UNKNOWN FINAL PART

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

UNKNOWN FINAL PART

 

 

My eyes widen.





“W-wait! That can’t possibly be fair! How can I beat you? You’ve had years of experience!”





“16 years isn’t much and those are my conditions. If you don’t accept them then don’t be a vampire.”





“But there would be no point of me becoming a vampire if I lose to you!”





She smirks, conceitedly. “Then don’t lose.”





Tiffany steps up. “How can you be so cruel, Jessi?”





Jessica’s expression immediately changes. She’s no longer smirking like she was before.



“Because you’re supposed to be my partner. Not hers. I couldn’t keep my hold on you when we were younger but now, I won’t give you up that easily.” She speaks in such a low tone it makes her sound rather frightening.





“Jessi…” Tiffany walks up to her, Jessica looks away.



“Why are you making things hard for us?” Jessica frowns at the word ‘us’.





She turns to look at Tiffany, her gaze hard but not angry.



“I’m not making it hard for you. I’m making it hard for her,” she says and jerks her head towards me.




“Jessi…you know I love you right?”





Jessica shakes her head.



“You shouldn’t say it if you don’t mean it.”





“But I do.”





“It’s different from when I say it to you.” Jessica softens her gaze.





She places her palm on Tiffany’s cheek. My eyebrow twitches. Vampire or not, I feel like punching her in the face right now. No one else touches my Fany but me.



“I know that you want me to give up on you, but you must understand that it’s hard for me to. Even if I can’t receive your love, I’ve got to at least know that the person I’m losing out to deserves it.”





Her thumb gently Tiffany’s cheek and the look in her eyes turns into one of adoration.



“I really love you, Tiffany.”





Tiffany places her hand on top of Jessica’s. My eyebrow twitches again. I can feel myself getting angrier by the second, or is it jealousy? Before my jealousy(?) can make me cause a scene, Tiffany removes Jessica’s hand from her cheek and lets it go.





“Jessica..I..”





Jessica shakes her head, interrupting Tiffany’s sentence.



“Please, don’t.”





Tiffany looks down. Jessica turns to look at me, her expression changing to the one she always gives me.



“Don’t get all green with jealousy, human. Clearly you can see that she has no interest in me.”





Tiffany turns to look at me at the mention of me being jealous. I look away from her and feel my cheeks getting a little warmer.





“Jessica.”





“What?”





I look at the person I had just called out to.



“I accept your conditions. But if you don’t mind, I’d like to add in one of my own.”





She seems uncaring. “Go ahead.”





“If I win the battle between us, you can’t do anything to break me and Tiffany apart. Anything at all.”





Her composure breaks a little but she quickly regains herself.



“Very well.”







***







After getting approval from Jessica, the rest of the days seem to pass by pretty quickly. Almost as if someone was flipping the pages of the calendar and time just seemed to follow suit. I had already told my parents about the trip but left out the part where I will be turned into a vampire. They were a little worried at first since the camp is three weeks long and would be somewhere in the woods, no doubt, but I managed to convince them by saying that it would be a really good experience for me and that it’d be a waste if I gave up on the opportunity.





It’s finally a day before summer holidays officially start. I sit in class and tap my foot impatiently as I stare at the clock that hangs above the blackboard, waiting for the last second of school to pass by. The scene from High School Musical suddenly comes to mind. It’s the part where everyone’s just staring at the oversized clock behind their teacher and when the last second passes by and the bell rings, everyone throws their papers into the air and breaks out into a song. Not too long after, I begin to hum along to the song, bobbing my head from side to side and I only stop when my friend beside me nudges me and gives me a ‘WTF, are you possessed?’ look.





Before I can explain myself, the last bell for the week rings and we exit school, feeling happier than ever. I make my way over to Tiffany’s place, since the lazy bum decided to skip school, having explained to my parents the day before that I’ll be staying over there so it’ll be more convenient. And I had already dropped off my stuff earlier this morning. I wonder what it’ll be like to fleet. Wind would probably be blowing pass me at quite a speed, and it would probably mess up my hair. I frown as I recall the time when Tiffany had fleeted with me on her back. Her hair had seemed quite in place when we arrived. I shrug it off. Maybe it’s a vampire thing.





A smile creeps onto my face as I think of the amount of time I will be able to spend with Tiffany on our camping trip. There’s no way Jessica would want to train me, unless there was some rule about that as well. I wonder what it’ll be like, to feel blood-thirsty. It sounds sadistic of me, I know, but how else can I phrase it? I reach the front door of their humbly shared abode and just before I can knock on the door, Tiffany opens it and greets me with her heart warming smile.





“You heard me coming?” I question her with a smile as I step in.





She shakes her head. “Your smell got to me first.”





I look around the house. No Jessica.




“Where’s Jessica? I thought she’d be reading one of those books of hers.”





Tiffany stands beside me after closing the door and holds my hand.



“Your smell got to her too. And I quote: ‘I need to evacuate the house, NOW’,” she tells me and even imitates the way Jessica speaks which is pretty darn close if you ask me.





I laugh at her imitation, my voice echoing around the house.





“I thought I smelt a midget,” a voice from upstairs says and I look up to see SooYoung, bending over the railings.





She flips over and lands perfectly on her feet. Suddenly I’m not so irked by her comment earlier. That was seriously cool. A gust of wind blows, indicating the arrival of another fleeting vampire and SooYoung keels over, clutching her stomach in pain.





“Watch it,” the voice of the new vampire says.





I look over to the origin of the voice and smile.



“Sunny!” I envelop the girl in a tight hug. Only she understands my problem of being vertically challenged.





I had gotten quite close to the bubbly and energetic girl since we share a common problem. After letting go of the self-proclaimed energy pill, I turn back to see Tiffany, crossing her arms with a displeased look on her face.





“Well, someone turned into a little green monster,” Sunny teases.





Tiffany huffs, blowing air out of her nose (I’m surprised she didn’t at least float with the strength that she used).



“I’m not jealous,” she says.





I look at her and smile mischievously.



“So you wouldn’t mind if I hugged Sunny again?”





I immediately pulled Sunny in for another hug and the latter hugs me back, agreeing with my plan to prove Tiffany wrong.





“Why would I? She is your friend after all,” Tiffany says, trying hard not to scowl.





“So Fany-ah, you wouldn’t mind if I hugged her tighter like this?” Sunny holds me even tighter, careful not to crush my fragile bones.





I start to blush a little at the feeling on her…um…puppies (as some people would refer them to) squeezing up against me. Seeing me blush, Tiffany immediately pulls me away from Sunny’s grip and I swear she almost breaks my arm doing so.





“Yah! I said you could hug her! Not press your twins up against her!”





SooYoung’s eyes grow wider and she turns Sunny around by the shoulder.



“You were rubbing your melons against that midget?!”





Sunny looks bewildered by all the accusations.



“Why is it my fault now?! She’s the one who wanted to prove Tiffany wrong about being jealous!”





Sunny then hits SooYoung’s shoulder. I think I heard something crack.



“And I told you to watch it with that word.”





“What? Melons?”





“No! The other one!”





“Midget?”





“Yeah!” Sunny hits her again.





“Well, excuse me miss pull-anyone-into-a-hug-and-squish-my-s-on-them!” SooYoung says sarcastically.





Sunny narrows her eyes at her rather tall girlfriend, making her gulp in fear.





“I think I’m just gonna go now,” SooYoung says and fleets out the door.





Sunny scoffs, “She thinks she can outrun me?” and chases after SooYoung.





As soon as Sunny exits the house, Yuri comes out of the kitchen, wiping her hands dry with a towel.



“What did I miss?”





Tiffany shakes her head. “Nothing that you’ll regret not seeing.”





“If you say so.” Yuri slings the towel over her shoulder and looks at the clock that hangs just above the television.



“If you want to do it, you better do it now. Otherwise it’ll be a bit late.”





I frown. What did she mean? Tiffany turns to look at the clock and frowns as well.



“Isn’t it still early?”





Yuri shakes her head.



“You’re not turning her into a half-vampire you know. It takes longer for it to evenly spread out if it’s a full vampire.”





“I know. Even so, it’s only 3.”





“We don’t want her waking up too late. It’ll waste time.”





“But if it’s too early, she’ll wake up early.”





“True. That is a lot less favorable. But I’ve already done the calculations.”





My eyebrow twitches. I don’t like it that they’re talking as if I’m not standing right here. Especially since they’re talking about me. It’s killing me to know what they’re talking about.



“Hello, I’m right here if you didn’t notice,” I blurt out and Yuri chuckles.





Tiffany turns to me and gives me an apologetic smile.



“Sorry TaeTae, give me a few more moments to sort this out and I’ll explain it to you later, kay?”





I pout and huff, feigning anger. (What? I can’t want attention from my girlfriend?)



“Fine.”





“Aww, you’re too cute!” I hear her say and she immediately lands her lips on my cheek (It worked!). I was hoping for the lips but hey, beggars can’t be choosers.



“So I really have to do it now?” Tiffany asks, sounding almost reluctant to do it.





“Why? You don’t know how to?”





Tiffany shakes her head.



“It’s not that. I was just hoping to spend a little more time with her since I won’t be able to until tomorrow.”





That sentence makes my heart feel warm. She wants to spend more time with me too! Not that I ever doubted it.





Yuri chuckles.



“I envy you love struck, lovebirds. But don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of time to spend with her later. Heck, you’ll have a whole eternity to spend with her, provided she beats Jessica of course.”





Tiffany sighs.



“I almost forgot about that.”





She grabs hold of my hand and intertwines our fingers.



“Come on TaeTae, let’s go.”





I look back at Yuri one last time before being pulled upstairs by Tiffany.



“See you tomorrow, Tae,” I hear her say.





Tiffany closes the door behind us after entering her room. I place my bag down beside her bed and take a look around her room. It’s the first time I’ve ever stepped into her room. It’s spacious and it has a lot of stuff. A four-post bed is situated in the middle of the room; it’s back pushed up against the wall. A table with a laptop hooked up to speakers takes refuge in the corner of her room and she has a keyboard at the other corner of the room. One side of her room is solely for her closet, which really just screams ‘full of clothes’. Oh, and did I mention that the room is practically bathing in pink?





“Like it?”





I turn around to face her, a smile donned upon my lips.



“Apart from the blinding pink, your room looks wonderful.”





“I’m glad that you like it. If you stay here, I’m sure I can add a splash of blue somewhere,” she says thoughtfully with a smile.





“That’d be nice. Now, what were you and Yuri talking about?”





She leads me over to her bed and we sit down on the edge, side by side.



“You see, we vampires are capable of turning humans into full vampires or half vampires.”





“Half vampires?”





“Yes, half vampires have all the powers a vampire has but they’re not as strong as full vampires are and they age. Meaning that they can grow old and die that way. But, they still experience bloodlust.”





I nod my head.





“Now, when a vampire turns a human into a half vampire or full vampire, they mix their blood together. Meaning that the vampire gives some of their blood to the human to be mixed with the human’s blood.”





I nod again.





“Now, when Yuri said that it takes longer for it to evenly spread out if I turn you into a full vampire, what she meant was that it takes longer for my blood to completely mix with yours and spread throughout your whole blood circulatory system.”





My eyebrows knit slightly.



“Why does your blood have to mix with mine?”





“There are some substances in my blood which can alter the structure and whatnot in your blood, which would turn you into a vampire. Ultimately, the substance in my blood will affect your bone marrow, which produces your blood, thus completely changing you into a vampire.”



“As for half vampires, we don’t give them as much of our blood as we would when we want to change them into a full vampire so there’s only enough blood to mix with the blood that exists in the blood circulatory system. The substance would not affect the bone marrow but would simply stay in the blood circulatory system and continuously alter the blood that flows there. So there is a chance that not all the blood capillaries would be affected, thus the person would only be half a vampire.”





I nod my head again. I have got to start paying more attention in Biology.





“So, are you ready?” she asks me, giving me a soft look.





“Wait, why did Yuri say that you guys wouldn’t want me to wake up before you arrive?”





“For that, you’re going to have to find out later. But whatever it is, you have to remember that you’re in control of your body okay?”





It’s a little odd for her to tell me something like that but I suppose there’s a reason for it so I nod.





“Okay, now lift up your hands.”





“I thought you’d bite my neck or something but, okay.” I receive a giggle.





I do as she says and lift up my hands, palms facing her. I watch as her nails sharpen on its own (must be another vampire thing) and she swiftly pierces the tips of my fingers. I wince a little at the pain but think nothing of it. She then pierces the tips of her own fingers and places the cuts right above mine. I gulp, feeling slightly afraid now.





“This may sting a little,” she says.





At first I feel nothing and was about to question her but just as the words are about to leave my mouth, I feel a sharp pain in my chest. No! I can’t be having a heart attack now! I’m too young to having a heart attack! I clutch my chest and hiss at the pain. I look at Tiffany and she looks back at me, sad but not panicked. Is this the pain that she was talking about? Because this definitely does not sting only a little. After a few moments, the pain becomes too much and I close my eyes after falling back onto her soft bed. The last thing I remember is Tiffany’s soft kiss on my forehead followed by her angelic voice saying: “I’ll see you tomorrow.”







***







After what seems to be like an eternity, I finally seem to be waking up. I can’t open my eyes yet but I can hear the voices and sounds around me.





“Why do I have to carry her?” Is that SooYoung?





“Because you’re the strongest.” Jessica?





“No I’m not! You are!”





“Yeah, like I would ever carry her.” Yup, definitely Jessica.



“Alright, we’re here. Set her down, she should be awakening soon.”





I feel SooYoung lift me off her shoulder and lightly put me down on the ground. I still can’t open my eyes yet but my throat feels really dry. I take in a deep breath and I smell…lots of things. The trees, the flowers, the fresh air, animals in the forest and…Tiffany. My eyes shoot open and sit up before looking around. They’re all standing around me but at quite a distance away. My throat starts to burn. Is this bloodlust?





I can feel the fangs slowly growing and I start to wonder if my eyes are red too. All of a sudden I start to snarl. Not at anyone in particular but I just do. I don’t even know why. A low noise emits from my throat, almost like a growl, as I stand crouched. I thought I’m supposed to be a vampire? What’s with all the growling? My breathing starts to become a bit heavier. I need to bite something. I need to drink to quench my thirst. The dryness is starting to hurt my throat. I turn around a bit more and my eyes focus on sunny. She looks at me, but isn’t afraid.





I lunge at her, pushing myself away from the ground with my new found strength. But Sunny, being as quick as she is, manages to evade my attack with ease.





“Don’t let her bite you,” I hear Yuri say.





I turn around again and this time my gaze focuses on SooYoung. It’s like I’m unable to control my movements. My mentality seems to be there but it’s just not sending the right signals to my body.





“Oh come on, me? Seriously?” SooYoung says in disbelief.





I pay no attention to her rant and immediately jump at her.





“Sorry,” she says with an apologetic smile and extends her rather long leg which comes in contact with my chest, kicking me away.





I fall back and roll once but immediately get back on my feet. I look around a bit more after my two failed attempts, momentarily forgetting that they are far more superior to me. My eyes land on my angel, Tiffany. Almost instantly the dryness in my throat disappears and I can feel myself calming down. I stand up straight and I feel my fangs retreating back. I slowly walk towards Tiffany, much to the surprise of the rest of our little group.





“TaeTae,” she says adoringly and spreads out her arms, welcoming me into a hug.





I’m unable to say anything. Suddenly the dryness in my throat comes back again and my fangs grow out. I try to take a bite at Tiffany but she moves away in time.





“No! Bad TaeTae!” she says and lightly hits my head.





I narrow my eyes at her and snarl a little before settling down. SooYoung bursts out laughing.



“You’re fresh and she’s already got you whipped!”





I snap my head around and growl menacingly at her. My eyes pierce her tall form.





“Don’t agitate her, SooYoung,” Yuri says.





“Tiff, are you sure you turned her into a vampire and not some dog?” Jessica says with that bored tone of hers.





“I’m sure I did it right.”





She cups my face, making me look at her.



“See, her eyes are red.”





Yuri chuckles at her antics. “Don’t worry, you did it right. Everyone has a different way of showing their displeasure towards something.”



“Now, you must leave to feed. It’s not safe to leave her around us while she’s still hungry and fresh.”





Tiffany nods and grabs my hand. “Come on TaeTae.”





She fleets off, pulling me with her instead of carrying me on her back like she did before, but I seem to be able to follow her pace this time. I didn’t even know that my feet had begun to move on itself. She stops and I look around, we seem to be further into the woods. I feel my ears perk up a little at a sound not too far from us. I close my eyes and breath in. A deer? A stag? I can’t tell them apart, all I know is, I want to bite it. I can hear its pulsating heart in my ear and I can almost taste the blood that flows through its body. Odd, I didn’t hear or feel anything like this earlier.





I look at Tiffany, my eyes questioning her.





“It’s a stag. And yes, you may go after it.”





I smile at her, like a child who was given permission to buy as much as I wished in a candy store. I chase after the stag which is already running away from me. Huh, it must have heard me coming. I push my legs harder, increasing my speed and to my surprise, I manage to catch up with the rather fast animal. I estimate the distance between us and bend my legs a little before pushing, launching me right at the stag. Just as I calculated, I land right on the animal’s back, bringing the animal down. My fangs grow out and I immediately bite down on the animal’s neck. It struggles for a moment but stops not too long after. I begin to swallow the warm blood that flows out from the wound I had just created. The blood flows down my throat, dampening the dry walls of my throat. The feeling of sheer ecstasy overwhelms me and I continue to drink from the now deceased stag. Huh, blood doesn’t taste as bad as I thought it would.





I stand up after practically draining the stag dry of its blood. Well, if I was going to kill it for its blood, I might as well finish up everything. Mum always did say it was bad to waste food. My fangs s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter