(OS) Pancake Mix

collection of taeny one shots/multi shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Pancake Mix

-anonymous

 


Tiffany sat on a giant red armchair in the living room. Her legs were swung over the armrest, and her head was tucked into the corner of the seat. She clicked the remote and flipped through many channels on the TV. The shows varied from talking green people to dramatic soap operas. In other words, it wasn't all that exciting.

"Nothing, nothing, nothing." Tiffany mumbled as the screen changed picture every couple seconds.

"Fany baby, what do you want for dinner?" Taeyeon asked, sitting in front of the chair on the floor with her legs crossed. She looked like an obedient little child with her eyes twinkling.

"I don't know, what do you want to make?" Tiffany asked, finally taking a normal position on the chair.

"Breakfast for dinner?"

"Pancakes please!" Tiffany chirped.

"Pancakes it is then." Taeyeon said, standing up and walking towards the kitchen.

Taeyeon's stride came to a halt when Tiffany took grip of her forearm. She looked down on the girl. Her lips formed into a pout and her eyes grew wide.

"Can I help pleaseeeee~?" Tiffany asked in her babyish voice.

"I don't know about that Fany..." Taeyeon answered doubtfully.

If she recalled it right, the last time she let Tiffany help her in the kitchen, they had to buy a new set of appliances. It was something she could never forget.

"Pleaseeeee TaeTae? I promise I'll be careful~" Tiffany begged, blinking with the adorable expression on her face.

Taeyeon cringed at the sight. It was undeniably cute. She knew she couldn't resist Tiffany's aegyo. She might as well kiss her kitchen goodbye.

"Fine. But! You only touch the things I say you're allowed to. I don't want any hospitalization required this time okay?" Taeyeon ordered.

"Sure! How hard can it be?" Tiffany said cheerfully, taking Taeyeon's hand and dragging her to the kitchen.

"By your skills, it will be nearly impossible." Taeyeon whispered, just for her to hear.

Tiffany skipped to the pantry to grab the box of pancake mix. Taeyeon took out a skillet and set it on the stove. She also took out a bowl and a whisk.

"Alright, I think I'll let you handle the measuring this time. Read it carefully, okay?"

"I know how to read numbers TaeTae." Tiffany nagged with a pout.

Taeyeon pecked her on the cheek. "I know you do, I'm just saying be careful. I don't want a big mess on the pretty face of yours."

She blushed at this and hid her face behind the box. Taeyeon laughed lightly, and went over to the stove. She turned the heat on, and let the pan warm up. Taeyeon walked to the refrigerator and took out a stick of butter. Slicing a little square of it, and letting it melt into the pan. While she was spreading the butter, Tiffany was on the side of the counter dumping the water and mix into the bowl.

"Alright, I think we're good so far." Taeyeon said, taking the whisk.

Taeyeon stirred the mixture with her skilled hands until the powder was in liquid form. Taeyeon tilted her head in confusion at the result.

"Hmmm." Taeyeon hummed.

"What is it TaeTae?" Tiffany asked, looking over her shoulder.

"Err, the mix looks a little thin." Taeyeon pointed out, letting the batter drip from the whisk.

"Really? Doesn't look different to me." Tiffany said innocently.

"See look." Taeyeon said, pouring some of the batter into the pan. It spread rapidly to the edges of the pan. It began smoking up quickly.

"Okay, that obviously didn't work." Taeyeon said, rinsing the pan in the sink and recutting the butter.

"Just add more mix then, to make it thicker." Tiffany suggested.

"I think you're learning now." Taeyeon said, giving a smile, and adding more mix. She kept stirring and stirring. It was still thin. She repeated the process of adding more mix and stirring it. A couple minutes went by and Taeyeon was starting to get annoyed.

"Why is this taking so long?" Taeyeon asked, scratching her head.

"I don't know."

"Okay, so you put 2 1/2 cups of mix right?"

"Uh huh."

"And how much water did it say?"

"Well, it said 11/3 on the box,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter